2024 DJ Lagway - QB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Bags still get dropped by certain schools. All NIL has done is make it more difficult for the bag schools to dominate the recruiting game. But make no mistake about it. Bags are definitely still being dropped.

Advertisement
I wouldnt say everything
I was being facetious. But, for a high profile QB recruit, there is no reason to drop bags. What's the point? It wouldn't help the boosters who are otherwise part of your Collective and the publicity of NIL deals helps recruiting. Are you just that concerned about the tax consequences for the kid?

Bags still get dropped by certain schools. All NIL has done is make it more difficult for the bag schools to dominate the recruiting game. But make no mistake about it. Bags are definitely still being dropped.
Again, inform me. Bags are cash below the table. When you couldn't give recruits cash that was what you did. Now you can, very publicly, hook them up with large amounts. Why would you now give cash secretly? All I can think of is a) you have no Collective and no booster willing to openly fund b) this recruit isn't worth the dollars allocated to your NIL "program" or c) you are worried about the tax consequences for the kid (but not the booster).

BTW, that guy telling me I am "wrong" makes me pretty sure I am right.

Again, inform me. Bags are cash below the table. When you couldn't give recruits cash that was what you did. Now you can, very publicly, hook them up with large amounts. Why would you now give cash secretly? All I can think of is a) you have no Collective and no booster willing to openly fund b) this recruit isn't worth the dollars allocated to your NIL "program" or c) you are worried about the tax consequences for the kid (but not the booster).

BTW, that guy telling me I am "wrong" makes me pretty sure I am right.
Once again…

Advertisement
And there I was, expecting intelligent insight from someone citing this source.......

And, as with that source, no actual information. Green dot it is.
Source? Really?

Our insiders have repeatedly stated that bags are definitely still being dropped by schools like Baga, Clempson, Jawja, L$U, the Gayta, etc..

Not all schools are playing the NIL game, and some are playing it, but not on a large scale.

You have to remember that NIL is supposed to be based on business opportunities for athletes based on their name, image and likeness. A lot of these small college towns do not possess the large NIL opportunities that a big city like Miami does, so their better option is to still drop large bags.

Advertisement
To be fair to the staff it was early after everyone was here. I just don't think they realized how much interest there was from him AND Anthony Evans.

He's not the only elite 24 QB that we have grossly under recruited. I'm not sure how we are doing our QB evals and what analysts are responsible but I believe that it will get cleaned up.

Advertisement
Back