DJ Johnson

CaneMonster

Redshirt Freshman
I'm predicting that DJ Johnson will be a DT here before his career is over at the U. This will happen probably sooner rather than later. The Kid's frame to add weight is there and I believe he will outgrow the measurable of a college DE. Coach Kool already mentioned the ideal body type he'll recruit for the DT position. He wants his players to be Tall, lean, and athletic enough to run QBs down. Remember you heard it here first.

Advertisement
Don't think so. I think he's going to be similar to Chad Thomas, but not quite as heavy. I can see him sliding down to 3tech on definite passing downs. But I don't ever see him being a DT. I doubt he ever weighs more than 270 here.

"Maybe he'll be a bigger defensive end, but I don't think he'll move inside," Kuligowski said.

From coach kool himself.....

Advertisement
DJ Johnson to DT vs. Evidence Njoku to TE. Which likely would come 1st?

You ended by saying, " you heard it here first", well that's not true. There have been many on here to predict he would become a defensive tackle since the day he committed. But I'll standby Kool's statement that he'll be a bigger defensive end

I'm predicting that DJ Johnson will be a DT here before his career is over at the U. This will happen probably sooner rather than later. The Kid's frame to add weight is there and I believe he will outgrow the measurable of a college DE. Coach Kool already mentioned the ideal body type he'll recruit for the DT position. He wants his players to be Tall, lean, and athletic enough to run QBs down. Remember you heard it here first.

Kool said DJ Johnson (and Joe Jackson) is the ideal height/weight for the DE mold he plans on recruiting.

Kool said DJ Johnson (and Joe Jackson) is the ideal height/weight for the DE mold he plans on recruiting.
And they are about the same size coming in

Advertisement
We really need to address the 1 tech this recruiting cycle. Look I love all the lean athletic pass rushers at the 3tech but we need some of the space eaters demanding the double team allowing the backers to roam free.

That being said Dj will be a DE here....

We really need to address the 1 tech this recruiting cycle. Look I love all the lean athletic pass rushers at the 3tech but we need some of the space eaters demanding the double team allowing the backers to roam free.

Quit worrying about dt coach kool will take care of it

He didn't look like he had the frame to be a DT in the under armor game to me.

Hey Al, keep your philosophy in detroit.

Bethel is all in for DT cuz he knows he aint gona get much burn w/ the DE studs we got

Advertisement
Yea once I saw DJ's shoulders I stopped thinking he might have potential to be a DT. He is a larger DE all the way.

As far as 1 Tech DT's when we sigh a couple of good ones you will not like that they are 2 or 3 star guys. These guys do not make a lot of plays in the backfield but just eat and eat and eat space. I do think we need to keep Fines there just in case and even for scout team if he stays on the team. I would get a couple of Juco guys to fill the 1 Tech spot.

Hey Al, keep your philosophy in detroit.

Bethel is all in for DT cuz he knows he aint gona get much burn w/ the DE studs we got

Bethel came in bigger than dj. He was 260 last year.

I understand that we may be a little thin at DT if Norton, McIntosh, and Willis leave next year, but I don't understand the obsession on forcing people into the DT position for the sake of "body count" at that position. Taking our top DE recruit and forcing him to play a position that is unnatural to him is one of the worse ideas ever.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I understand that we may be a little things at DT if Norton, McIntosh, and Willis leave next year, but I don't understand the obsession on forcing people into the DT position for the sake of "body count" at that position. Taking our top DE recruit and forcing him to play a position that is unnatural to him is one of the worse ideas ever.

I also don't understand the obsession folks have with the 2018 DT situation when we haven't even played the 2017 season.
Folks can't seem to relax and enjoy the upcoming season.

There's a guy name Nesta Silvera that is a current ycommit that is a 1tech all the way

Advertisement
Back