DJ Johnson

I'm predicting that DJ Johnson will be a DT here before his career is over at the U. This will happen probably sooner rather than later. The Kid's frame to add weight is there and I believe he will outgrow the measurable of a college DE. Coach Kool already mentioned the ideal body type he'll recruit for the DT position. He wants his players to be Tall, lean, and athletic enough to run QBs down. Remember you heard it here first.
He will not be a DT. He has great quickness and flexibility. Maybe he'll go inside on passing downs but he will be a DE. Mario Williams was 300 pounds and a DE. Weight doesn't dictate that. It's quickness and flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
DJ Johnson will top out at 265ish. I think he's a strongside DE all the way, and a perfect complement to Garvin.

Our DE depth chart could be bananas in 2018.

SDE - DJ Johnson/Jackson/Bethel/true FR
WDE- J Jackson/Garvin/Patchan/true FR

DJ Johnson will top out at 265ish. I think he's a strongside DE all the way, and a perfect complement to Garvin.

Our DE depth chart could be bananas in 2018.

SDE - DJ Johnson/Jackson/Bethel/true FR
WDE- J Jackson/Garvin/Patchan/true FR

It's bananas right now. Even with Bethel likely moving to DT.
SDE - Chad Thomas/Jackson/DJ Johnson
WDE- J Jackson/Trent Harris/Garvin/Patchan (injury ?)

We're so stacked, Trent Harris has 18 career starts and had nearly double digit TFLs last season and no one even mentions him. Chad Thomas has 20 career starts and had 11 TFLs last year, yet people on message boards are lukewarm about him because they feel he's "max'd out." Add in Demetrius Jackson's 6 career starts and 6 TFLs last season, a guy most think is a "mere backup." Yet, all of these guys have a real shot at either being drafted decently high or sticking with an NFL team for a few seasons.

I can't think of a time - even the Mcdougle/Williams/Green/Green rotation - with so much DE depth. And, with Thomas and Harris out after next season, there should be at least 2 really top DE prospects just chomping at the bit to play under Coach Kul in Diaz's system.

Advertisement
Back