DJ Johnson

Advertisement
Yea once I saw DJ's shoulders I stopped thinking he might have potential to be a DT. He is a larger DE all the way.

As far as 1 Tech DT's when we sigh a couple of good ones you will not like that they are 2 or 3 star guys. These guys do not make a lot of plays in the backfield but just eat and eat and eat space. I do think we need to keep Fines there just in case and even for scout team if he stays on the team. I would get a couple of Juco guys to fill the 1 Tech spot.

Is it too much to want another true 0 technique and let Kul figure out what to do with him?

75wilfork0313-0061.jpg

Last edited:
My concern is with all the stacking of super players at DE, will Johnson get any playing time until he's a sophomore.

Is there some ******* rule that says nobody can play the position at which they were recruited?

In related news, Richt said he wanted to give Perry a try at RB in the fall.

Is there some ******* rule that says nobody can play the position at which they were recruited?

Ask Jimmy Johnson. He mastered the Miami way of turning DEs and TEs into DTs. Turning LBs into DEs. Turning Ss into LBs. Speed speed and more speed.

I don't think DJ will add enough to play DT. But no one besides me thought Bethel would be used as a DT and he's already making the transition. Same thing will happen to Njoku at TE.

Advertisement
OLB possibly. It would be a shame to waste his athleticism and speed as a one-dimensional interior lineman. I'm sure he'll allow Manny flexibility to drop him in coverage, set the edge or get after the QB.. Gonna be exciting. Wouldn't mind seeing him at TE or H-back as well.

Ask Jimmy Johnson. He mastered the Miami way of turning DEs and TEs into DTs. Turning LBs into DEs. Turning Ss into LBs. Speed speed and more speed.

I don't think DJ will add enough to play DT. But no one besides me thought Bethel would be used as a DT and he's already making the transition. Same thing will happen to Njoku at TE.

Jimmy turned BIG defensive ends into DT's...
BIG linebackers into DE's...
BIG safeties into LB's...

He didn't take guys who were prototype DE's and force them to gain weight and play DT.

In actuality no one knows what a 18 year old kid will develop into. The kid played a little DT in the Under armor game so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised one way or another.

Advertisement
In actuality no one knows what a 18 year old kid will develop into. The kid played a little DT in the Under armor game so who knows. I wouldn't be surprised one way or another.

You can 100% tell that DJ is never going to be 290+.

I'm predicting that DJ Johnson will be a DT here before his career is over at the U. This will happen probably sooner rather than later. The Kid's frame to add weight is there and I believe he will outgrow the measurable of a college DE. Coach Kool already mentioned the ideal body type he'll recruit for the DT position. He wants his players to be Tall, lean, and athletic enough to run QBs down. Remember you heard it here first.

Predicting OP gives tonsil service to make ends meat

I'm predicting that DJ Johnson will be a DT here before his career is over at the U. This will happen probably sooner rather than later. The Kid's frame to add weight is there and I believe he will outgrow the measurable of a college DE. Coach Kool already mentioned the ideal body type he'll recruit for the DT position. He wants his players to be Tall, lean, and athletic enough to run QBs down. Remember you heard it here first.

Cool. Thanks for beating a dead horse opinion that's been on here for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't take guys who were prototype DE's and force them to gain weight and play DT.

Thank you. The weight gain obsession and position change crap has gotten stupid around here.

Advertisement
Make Silvera a NT when he gets here and change to a 3-4.

Move everyone up from there. **** it, move Shaq and McCloud to 3-4 DE and Jaquan and Redwine to OLB.

Sheldon Richardson did play for Coach Kool... And Kool wanted Nesta, he knows u cant have two undersized DTs in the middle,

Thank you. The weight gain obsession and position change crap has gotten stupid around here.

Yeah, I get that sometimes you have a guy add weight (or he just does it himself) and change position, but it's like people are just dying to say I told you so about position changes so they claim every single guy is going to switch.

Advertisement

Yeah, I get that sometimes you have a guy add weight (or he just does it himself) and change position, but it's like people are just dying to say I told you so about position changes so they claim every single guy is going to switch.

Agree. There's plenty of examples of guys doing it but there's some around here that thinks every s will move to lb, lb to de and de to DT. Bethel moved because the depth is a lot better at de than DT , so he'd help out depth and and get more burn.

DJ Johnson to DT vs. Evidence Njoku to TE. Which likely would come 1st?

Great question. Not sure how much more of that stuff I can take. Between this and the QB battle, it's going to be very difficult to be on here this offseason.

Please don't turn this into one of your dreaded ******* Evidence to TE threads. I'm begging you.

Also, the bolded couldn't be more false. Quite a few were entertaining that possibility especially with how thin we are likely to be at DT in '18. You're not some kind of position-change prophet.

Advertisement
Back