DJ Johnson switching positions

When a former 5 star DE goes to a school and can't get PT then he transfers to a new school and still can't get PT and is told by the staff to change to TE, it's safe to say he is a bust. Nothing against the kid but his size and speed didn't translate to the field. I don't blame the kid as much as I blame the evaluation process that rated him that high.
Garvin got some run as a true frosh. DJ only played in a few garbage time situations. Nothing meaningful like the PT Garvin received.

Advertisement
I think it's a good move. He's got the height and has the speed, but there's a lot more to it than that. Either way, it didn't work out for him here and I don't have any hard feelings over it, it happens.

Advertisement
He left TEU to go try to be a TE at Oregon?? Smh. And we were relatively thin at TE at certain points over the last two seasons because of injuries, etc. Rarely do our transfers do well when they transfer from Miami. It's the opposite with the Dolphins, where players leave here to go be all-world elsewhere.

LOL

LOL - dumb

Criticisms can be levied for other things.

For this?

Imbecilic.

There’s a reason he didn’t see the field here, and a reason he didn’t see the field in Oregon.

And now he’s going to ride the pine as a tight end.

Here’s a concept even simpletons can understand. Some guys just aren’t football players.

Tyler Murphy was a better Defensive End than DJ Johnson.

One is a baller in a dwarfs frame. The other is built like Adonis, but is soft as cake.

No joke, I'm taking the midget every time.

Yet 90% of this board frothed at the mouth for Lo Lingard; an aspiring Instagram model.

Advertisement
Huh, yes, they throw to the TE. Their TE was one of the most productive in the country.

Oh ok.

1580940160016.png

I dont remember, why did he leave? Lack of PT?
After he saw what Garvin was becoming he realized he had very little chance for playing time. That was the real reason, although he made it about being so far away from family or something along those lines. Whatever, it is what it is. Not one aspect of DJ Johnson at Miami worked out in any way shape or form, so I've never missed him for one second.

Advertisement
I never saw the hype , dude had no explosion off the line and lacked strength to just overwhelm people. Which means you’re useless as a dl without one of those traits.

Told everyone that Sacramento don't really produce guys like that. Yeah he was big overrated.

Advertisement
So how long before Lorenzo Lingard is switched to linebacker?
Soon?

Telling that his own cousin knew of the entire story with Zo and still chose to come here

Tells me that buck is shared with Zo in how he handled it and maybe he never wanted to be here

I wish someone would sit this kid down and explain just how much $ he's wasting not maximizing on his talent. He left UM cause he was being outplayed by a guy nobody outside coral gables ever heard of, and now he's going to finish his college career as a blocking TE. There's literally nothing worse than wasted potential.

Soon?

Telling that his own cousin knew of the entire story with Zo and still chose to come here

Tells me that buck is shared with Zo in how he handled it and maybe he never wanted to be here

imo, i think he made the transfer decision really early into this year and did w.e. was best for zo to ensure he didnt lose the year of eligibility.

Advertisement
Back