Dj Ivey......

Ivey worse
Much worse. Dean would often be stuck to his guys but couldn’t make the play on the ball. He was much better last year. I watch Ivey and I swear I can’t figure out what coverage he is in half the time. I don’t think he knows either

Advertisement
Thankfully the coaches put him back on the game so he could give up another TD. We wouldn't want to set a standard of performance too high here at UM

First off, for the geniuses in the room, coach rumph is the db coach, not special teams. Special teams has failed this team all year long, and our linebacker play has been basically nonexistent, and it all points to one man. Coach diaz better go and upgrade the defensive coaching staff in 2 areas, coordinator and linebackers coach, no way our defense should be looking like this,on 3rd and longs our defense is barely getting off the field. Special teams has cost this team at least 3 losses this year. Coach enos play calling has not improved at all. We'll see what happens, great job flake james for getting on coach richt's nerves, lol.

Advertisement
Does blades look like ivey right now? He’s the only corner that has looked THIS bad in the last 4 years. Dean and Delaney wasn’t even like this
Rumph sucksn he might be a good developer but he is a ****** recruiter. And don't bring up how he was able to get all those 4 stars because in 2 season he has only got 5 4 stars; out of the 3 4 stars he recruited in 2018 only 1 can actually play CB, but he is good recruiter right. So in 2 seasons he has realistically got 3 4 stars who can play CB and the jury is still out on 2 of the 3 players, that's pathetic for 2 seasons. You know why Ivey kept playing becuase Bandy got hurt and there was nobody else who can step in that is an indictment on Rumph recruiting and the ****** depth he has developed.

With that being said I think Rumph is getting better, I like the Williams and Couch and I like what he is doing this year at th CB position, but he needs to pull 1 more this cycle.

First off, for the geniuses in the room, coach rumph is the db coach, not special teams. Special teams has failed this team all year long, and our linebacker play has been basically nonexistent, and it all points to one man. Coach diaz better go and upgrade the defensive coaching staff in 2 areas, coordinator and linebackers coach, no way our defense should be looking like this,on 3rd and longs our defense is barely getting off the field. Special teams has cost this team at least 3 losses this year. Coach enos play calling has not improved at all. We'll see what happens, great job flake james for getting on coach richt's nerves, lol.
Ivey has been bad all season, not just that play

What makes this worse is even if he was fooled thinking it's a punt his job is to block that guy. If he thought the punter was going to run he should have been running towards the punter. Instead dude just stopped playing.

Advertisement
Rumph sucksn he might be a good developer but he is a ****** recruiter. And don't bring up how he was able to get all those 4 stars because in 2 season he has only got 5 4 stars; out of the 3 4 stars he recruited in 2018 only 1 can actually play CB, but he is good recruiter right. So in 2 seasons he has realistically got 3 4 stars who can play CB and the jury is still out on 2 of the 3 players, that's pathetic for 2 seasons. You know why Ivey kept playing becuase Bandy got hurt and there was nobody else who can step in that is an indictment on Rumph recruiting and the ****** depth he has developed.

With that being said I think Rumph is getting better, I like the Williams and Couch and I like what he is doing this year at th CB position, but he needs to pull 1 more this cycle.
I’ve been saying this forever. Rumph has been here for 4 years and only has 1 CB ready to play.(Blades)

Ivey has been bad all season, not just that play

Its easy to point to ivey, but he's not the one costing us games, its the incompetence of the new coaching staff. Ask yourself a question, how many times have you seen teams keep running trick plays on us with special teams, we've seen more in half a season than we've seen in years of UM football combined, you know why, because when coaches flip on the tape, they keep seeing the weakness and unpreparedness of that unit week in and week out. How many 4th down conversions are people going to attempt on us this year, baker is not the right guy to lead this defense. Their are alot of real factors to point before yall get to ivey, even with that play, how many missed fieldgoals did we have this game, and for the whole season, short fieldgoals at that, all leads back to one man, and his name is not ivey!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back