DJ Ivey

Advertisement
D.J. Ivey, South Dade, Cornerback. Thought he deserved his own thread . Why is he a 3 star, imo he's the best pure cover db we have committed.

Why would he be any higher if he didn't play all of last year?

Burns was a 4 star and he hasn't played in 2...JS

I get what you're saying But he was also a rising freshman/sophomore. Ivey didn't have that type of hype IIRC.

Seems like these services do a lot of rating on conjecture..how anyone could rate Burns a 4 star when he hasnt played in 2 years is completely beyond my comprehension...how can they even think the kid will live up to whatever hype he built in his freshman and soph. Year.kids been hurt.

Worst part of it is Richt and Brown counted him as one of only two backs we were recruiting and when McFag bolted it left us with nothing.I understand you give him a scholarship but don't count on him when your in desparate need of depth at the position.They should have taken another back.

After one year with Rumph it will be hard to keep him off the field . I hope he stays under the table I see NFL written all over this kid .

Didn't one of his coaches say he's NEVER seen a pass completed on him at 7 on 7s?

He did not participate in track this past season but two years ago entered a few track meets and posted a 51.78--400m (national elite 49.50) and triple jumped 43-5 (national elite 45-0). I imagine is long speed is down to near national elite level at 400m and 200m as he is maturing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He did not participate in track this past season but two years ago entered a few track meets and posted a 51.78--400m (national elite 49.50) and triple jumped 43-5 (national elite 45-0). I imagine is long speed is down to near national elite level at 200m and 200m as he is maturing.

Besides his speed look how easy he makes it look changing direction. One word smooth

D.J. Ivey, South Dade, Cornerback. Thought he deserved his own thread . Why is he a 3 star, imo he's the best pure cover db we have committed.

I get what you're saying But he was also a rising freshman/sophomore. Ivey didn't have that type of hype IIRC.

Seems like these services do a lot of rating on conjecture..how anyone could rate Burns a 4 star when he hasnt played in 2 years is completely beyond my comprehension...how can they even think the kid will live up to whatever hype he built in his freshman and soph. Year.kids been hurt.

Worst part of it is Richt and Brown counted him as one of only two backs we were recruiting and when McFag bolted it left us with nothing.I understand you give him a scholarship but don't count on him when your in desparate need of depth at the position.They should have taken another back.
Makes it easier to land top rbs this class when you can offer immediate PT. We have a wr who can play rb too if it comes down to that this year .

He did not participate in track this past season but two years ago entered a few track meets and posted a 51.78--400m (national elite 49.50) and triple jumped 43-5 (national elite 45-0). I imagine is long speed is down to near national elite level at 200m and 200m as he is maturing.

Besides his speed look how easy he makes it look changing direction. One word smooth

He he can flip and run without loosing much speed...good length at 6-1....and he just turned 17 so is still developing physically

Burns was knocking on the door of a 5-star rating before 2016. He ended up a 3-star on the composite. His lack of playing did hurt the rating. He progressively dropped.

Advertisement
Love the Miami pride by our players, coaches and recruits. We are in for something special.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From what I've seen of him - feet, length, balance - I cannot wait to gush over his senior film. One of my favorite recruits this cycle.

Advertisement
Back