DJ Ivey impressing

Coaches need to coach their players in a way that gets the most out of them, but no one can prevent fans criticizing athletes at D1 or Pro level. If that’s someone’s biggest issue I think talking to a sports psychologist or therapist and learning where those insecurities come from and working on them will lead to good outcomes if taken seriously

Advertisement
Plenty of the breakdowns we saw were on dj. But vast majority of them was on the same safeties y'all swear are amazing. Y'all simply don't know what coverages were in and who's assignment is whose. But let's stick with always blame it on the underrated dudes cause it's more convenient than saying that five star safety ****ed up again...
dang @Brooklyndee tight job on the use of who's and whose. . . most people **** that one up

1691594922156.png

Insecurity is a motherfcker and is something we all feel. I wonder if the players have access to high quality therapists who can help them learn where their insecurities come from and learn to overcome them.

Kids need role models who tell them it’s ok to talk to a therapist though for that to work
100% agree. There is a huge stigma with seeking therapy.

There are definitely several stories of professional athletes seeing Sports Psychologists to help them overcome mental blocks.

Happy for him, hope he balls out...my issue with him was that he has a tendency to not look back...if he learned to do that...he'll be good.

You my dude got ——- ways #1. Won't get into my career with your *** but I'm good there. #2 I was defending dj who used to spend numerous weekends at my crib & is a great kid. So maybe try learning to read also. Unless you're saying this for James than my response would be I myself (since high school when I was first introduced to him) and numerous others have been telling him as great as he can potentially be at safety his bread and butter would be in his VERSATILITY because physically he's gonna outgrow the position and that don't even include the other issues. Now going into what should be his money year he's finally embracing what he's been told forever & thank god for that cause it's gonna make him a first day pick. Wish he would've listened sooner and he'd be a top 10 pick...

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You my dude got ****** ways #1. Won't get into my career with your hoe *** but I'm good there. #2 I was defending dj who used to spend numerous weekends at my crib & is a great kid. So maybe try learning to read also. Unless you're saying this for James than my response would be I myself (since high school when I was first introduced to him) and numerous others have been telling him as great as he can potentially be at safety his bread and butter would be in his VERSATILITY because physically he's gonna outgrow the position and that don't even include the other issues. Now going into what should be his money year he's finally embracing what he's been told forever & thank god for that cause it's gonna make him a first day pick. Wish he would've listened sooner and he'd be a top 10 pick...

So yeah back to you get ****ed fairy boy
And it wasn't always James. Kam had his broken coverages early in the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kam/M Williams with James in the box

He did well at camps here to..which is why he always started.

His issue is confidence...its been clear as day from the get go. Hes one if he gets beat he begins to doubt himself and ability..hence it seemed like he played slow..when he could actually run a bit. He was timid,etc.
Same thing has happened to Tecory Couch who has been worst than any db weve had since 2020 but doesnt get the dj ivey vitrol...its all confidence with him to...that and he has bad ball skills
I agree on Couch, I think the difference is Couch showed some promise and made a few plays then fell off a cliff so people are holding out hope he can regain some of that. DJ all we ever heard about was how good he was in camp but ultimately never showed much on the field.

Advertisement
You my dude got ****** ways #1. Won't get into my career with your hoe *** but I'm good there. #2 I was defending dj who used to spend numerous weekends at my crib & is a great kid. So maybe try learning to read also. Unless you're saying this for James than my response would be I myself (since high school when I was first introduced to him) and numerous others have been telling him as great as he can potentially be at safety his bread and butter would be in his VERSATILITY because physically he's gonna outgrow the position and that don't even include the other issues. Now going into what should be his money year he's finally embracing what he's been told forever & thank god for that cause it's gonna make him a first day pick. Wish he would've listened sooner and he'd be a top 10 pick...
Arrested Development Reaction GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
And it wasn't always James. Kam had his broken coverages early in the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kam/M Williams with James in the box
Between both of them it was probably 70 30 James. Difference is Kam is a student of the game. At a certain point the coaching he was getting just clicked in for him. Opposed to James did everything to resist what he was being told cause he kept thinking of what certain individuals out of a particular office off coral way was telling him he needs to prioritize putting on film so he could come out. I'm just glad he tightened up his circle and got rid of the nonsense in his ear. Now he seems to be on pace for a great season so long as he stays healthy.

I agree on Couch, I think the difference is Couch showed some promise and made a few plays then fell off a cliff so people are holding out hope he can regain some of that. DJ all we ever heard about was how good he was in camp but ultimately never showed much on the field.
Dj showed tf out at TAMU and had some other really good moments throughout the year. He played almost every defensive snap against Alabama and his lack of speed showed on a few plays, but stepped up his game overall that day as well

Advertisement
So Ivey can cover one of the best receivers in the league if you let him play physically and jam guys up?

You wonder why we suck? Misusing guys like this. Quickest way to kill a player’s confidence. Some players don’t tolerate that as well, and Ivey is one of them. He needed to be more resilient for sure, but we didn’t help asking him to play outside of his strengths so often.

I hope he succeeds so that people here can learn the difference between talent and production.

Advertisement

DJ played lots of good football.

Problem was when he ****ed up, he looked REAL bad.

People remember the fake punt touchdown against GT more than the crazy diving pick against FSU.

lol, born and raised in Tampa had to move up here because my dad had a job transfer.
Crazy **** is I won't remember Cincy for the times playing there at all. I remember Cincy for when I was already in music and I went there for a concert with asap rocky. They had us staying in some Marriott downtown & one of our commitments was to do an interview for the local radio. Well they were at some **** called the taste of Cincinnati if I remember right. While we walked to the booth we passed one street preacher after another. But I remember one group cause they out there in these church outfits like all peaceful but they got loudhorns and signs right and left talking bout everyone is the devil & sinning for anything imaginable. ****,blacks,females,how you dress,what relationships your in etc. And soooo racist. They tried to engage us in conversation and it turned into a lil riot **** near. Like 15 of us fighting in the street. That's Cincy for me. A racist factory town.

Advertisement
Back