DJ Ivey impressing

LMAO! You just called out a former UM All American and NFL 1st round draft pick. Might I suggest you do a little research before you

IMG_0038.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That one pass Ivey gave up was excellent coverage but a great throw will beat excellent coverage every time and that throw to Hicks was on a rope. He played a lot and did well and that Bengals secondary is loaded. He's gonna have to work to make the roster but he did well tonight

Advertisement

**** near perfect fundamental tackling in that spot. Slight hitch where he will work on his fluidity. But it's miniscule and he'll learn it with experience. Just the fact he didn't try to go high shows that's he's embracing his coaching. Y'all wait and see. Dj will be another example of a kid horribly used here & blamed for things out of his control. Would've loved for him to come in under Mario. But it is what it is. Go make that check youngin. Easy as can be he'll make that roster. So will rique.

**** near perfect fundamental tackling in that spot. Slight hitch where he will work on his fluidity. But it's miniscule and he'll learn it with experience. Just the fact he didn't try to go high shows that's he's embracing his coaching. Y'all wait and see. Dj will be another example of a kid horribly used here & blamed for things out of his control. Would've loved for him to come in under Mario. But it is what it is. Go make that check youngin. Easy as can be he'll make that roster. So will rique.
Not sure I'd say he makes it easy. There are still games to get played so he has to keep playing good to make it.

I don’t think he was completely misused. It may have been just the perfect **** storm here for him to fail. Talking bad coaching, being used somewhat wrong, his confidence, the team culture, etc.. He’s a corner, so there’s not many ways that you can misuse. He got plenty of chances to shine here and was usually in position when the ball was in the air but never looked back to try and make a play on it. Maybe that’s on the coaches for not having him do that, but he got to play guys in press coverage OFTEN! so don’t give me this used incorrectly BS. As a corner you have to be able to play on and offf, press, bump and run, zone & everything or you’ll get exposed. Ivey often got exposed and it wasn’t the coaches faults. He was put in the same position Michael Jackson Sr was and Mike would lock down one side of the field here. Everything that happened to him here was in his control whether in man or zone. I hope he is getting better coaching and confidence is better and makes this team, but that is all up to HIM!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back