DJ Dallas (Position Change Thread)

Advertisement
8203DA35-C744-475E-BBD9-962A843EDA2B.gif

Advertisement
I know a ton of people hate the position change talk, but I think theres a valid argument here. Our best overall returning running back, Dallas is hard to bring down. He's the consistent and most dependable bright spot of our offense. With that being said...

I think DJ could improve the team overall if Manny was to put him elsewhere.

Move DJ back to WR, or OLB/Striker.

We have a lot of talented bodies in the WR room, but what WR can we currently look at and say that they are dependable? Let DJ play KR/PR, and split snaps in the slot with Harley. Give him snaps in the Wildcat, give him screens, sweeps, and WR pass plays. Let him motion from the slot into a blocking role for the RBs. I truly believe this guy can do it all and additionally, allow our other 5 talented backs (Harris, Lingard, Burns, Knighton, Chaney) to take the RB load.

If not, as someone who had some respectable Safety play in high school, but probably won't have enough speed to play Safety in the ACC, I think he has the size, strength, and offensive knowledge to be a high IQ player in the box, and in coverage. Not a knock to Frierson or any other people lined up for that role, but I think he could be just as effective and dependable as 2018 Finley.

Thoughts?
Yn5nCc2zpvzWvmUsri.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
In all seriousness- if Miami went to 21 personnel groupings, Dallas would basically be a "positionless" player who can do everything (which is really what he is- he can play pretty much any position on offense). Dallas would be the flex RB2/H-back/TE and could moved around to create mismatches. It could be like what Kyle Shanahan is doing in SF. It would create all sorts of problems for defenses and get more RBs on the field, which I think the position where Miami has the biggest talent edge over many teams in CFB.

Advertisement
I know a ton of people hate the position change talk, but I think theres a valid argument here. Our best overall returning running back, Dallas is hard to bring down. He's the consistent and most dependable bright spot of our offense. With that being said...

I think DJ could improve the team overall if Manny was to put him elsewhere.

Move DJ back to WR, or OLB/Striker.

We have a lot of talented bodies in the WR room, but what WR can we currently look at and say that they are dependable? Let DJ play KR/PR, and split snaps in the slot with Harley. Give him snaps in the Wildcat, give him screens, sweeps, and WR pass plays. Let him motion from the slot into a blocking role for the RBs. I truly believe this guy can do it all and additionally, allow our other 5 talented backs (Harris, Lingard, Burns, Knighton, Chaney) to take the RB load.

If not, as someone who had some respectable Safety play in high school, but probably won't have enough speed to play Safety in the ACC, I think he has the size, strength, and offensive knowledge to be a high IQ player in the box, and in coverage. Not a knock to Frierson or any other people lined up for that role, but I think he could be just as effective and dependable as 2018 Finley.

Thoughts?
wow...not even Enos would think this irrationally

Advertisement
Back