DJ , Chad and Treon

Ive been on quite a few college campuses.. & the university of texas is one of the greatest places on earth. Hope the kid doesnt fall in love.

Advertisement
Do not overreact it was expected. We already know chad was going to visit bama and fsu.... Djack just got offered by Texas yesterday, why not visit? Kids work hard through the summer to take these free trips so get on them for doing it....

See this is the bull**** I dont get. I understand kids work hard through the summer, but the hard work should be in order to secure a scholarship worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not for some bull**** free trips to places that ******* suck anyway. Coaches work hard too, and this just makes their job more difficult. If you want to take trips, fine. But don't commit to a program then a week before you are supposed to fulfill your commitment start pulling **** like this. And, please spare me the pitiful "they have never been outside of Miami" routine. I would bet most 18 year olds haven't been outside of where they grew up. You work hard, find some success and eventually you can visit wherever the **** you want. Fayettville, Arkansas. is going NOWHERE, I can assure you of that.

Go to Texas and Alabama or come to Miami to lean on your QB teammate and a stud DL you can line up next to and dominate with to join the family you will be playing with for the next 3-4 years.

It's not even about that, that is a great idea and would be helpful, but at the very least just honor your word to a coach that has worked for years putting together a recruiting class. It's just about being a decent human being. These kids are 18 and act like they are OWED all this. I guess I just grew up differently.

LOL if Ice can get himself another job at the U in some capacity, we will get his son's services. Other than that he is most likely going to AU.

Advertisement
Strong on a south Florida kid never makes me comfortable, but I think it's too late in the game.

Hopefully.

Do not overreact it was expected. We already know chad was going to visit bama and fsu.... Djack just got offered by Texas yesterday, why not visit? Kids work hard through the summer to take these free trips so get on them for doing it....

See this is the bull**** I dont get. I understand kids work hard through the summer, but the hard work should be in order to secure a scholarship worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not for some bull**** free trips to places that ******* suck anyway. Coaches work hard too, and this just makes their job more difficult. If you want to take trips, fine. But don't commit to a program then a week before you are supposed to fulfill your commitment start pulling **** like this. And, please spare me the pitiful "they have never been outside of Miami" routine. I would bet most 18 year olds haven't been outside of where they grew up. You work hard, find some success and eventually you can visit wherever the **** you want. Fayettville, Arkansas. is going NOWHERE, I can assure you of that.

Go to Texas and Alabama or come to Miami to lean on your QB teammate and a stud DL you can line up next to and dominate with to join the family you will be playing with for the next 3-4 years.

It's not even about that, that is a great idea and would be helpful, but at the very least just honor your word to a coach that has worked for years putting together a recruiting class. It's just about being a decent human being. These kids are 18 and act like they are OWED all this. I guess I just grew up differently.

I agree with you on this. If I were offered the opportunity to play for UM, I would handle my business differently.

Any kid who doesn't take all 5 of his trips needs a life lesson.

Right now, in you're life, imagine if someone offered to fly you out to a puddle of ***** and wine and dine you like you never have been, and never will be again. Now imagine your a hormonal 17 year old kid from a tough neighborhood. See the world.

Right now, in you're life, imagine if someone offered to fly you out to a puddle of ***** and wine and dine you like you never have been, and never will be again. Now imagine your a hormonal 17 year old kid from a tough neighborhood. See the world.

I agree with the opportunity and for Jackson this is a new opportunity that just popped up, but there is a time and place for this and that time and place to me is this weekend in Miami if that is where you are playing ball for the next few years.

Advertisement

Thats fine too. But thats not being comitted.

I completely agree with this, just don't come out multiple times saying that you're shutting it down before you do it all "hush hush" in late January.

If I'm a recruit, I line up my trips early in the year to Texas Tech, Arizona State, Florida, and FSU and "entertain" as many hot co-eds as possible before committing to the U and recruiting as loud as possible for the Canes.

I completely agree with this, just don't come out multiple times saying that you're shutting it down before you do it all "hush hush" in late January.

If I'm a recruit, I line up my trips early in the year to Texas Tech, Arizona State, Florida, and FSU and "entertain" as many hot co-eds as possible before committing to the U and recruiting as loud as possible for the Canes.

Free trip to Fayettville in January --- is this a late night infomercial for log cabins or some ****?

Advertisement

Right now, in you're life, imagine if someone offered to fly you out to a puddle of **** and wine and dine you like you never have been, and never will be again. Now imagine your a hormonal 17 year old kid from a tough neighborhood. See the world.

I agree with the opportunity and for Jackson this is a new opportunity that just popped up, but there is a time and place for this and that time and place to me is this weekend in Miami if that is where you are playing ball for the next few years.

The issue I have with it is that he said 10 days ago he wouldn't take any more visits and was shutting down the recruiting process to stay home in Overtown. Then he takes a secret visit to Arkansas that becomes public as a result of an Instagram picture. And now there's conflicting information from his high school coach and himself as to whether he's visiting Texas after receiving an offer from them yesterday.

I don't blame any recruit for taking as many visits as possible. But whether it's fair or not, I'll believe he's coming to Miami once he's signed his LOI. Hard to trust a recruit who's lied once before and may be making a last-minute visit to a Charlie Strong-coached Texas program that has as much prestige as any in the country.

Really hope he ends up a Cane, though.

Right now, in you're life, imagine if someone offered to fly you out to a puddle of **** and wine and dine you like you never have been, and never will be again. Now imagine your a hormonal 17 year old kid from a tough neighborhood. See the world.

The issue I have with it is that he said 10 days ago he wouldn't take any more visits and was shutting down the recruiting process to stay home in Overtown. Then he takes a secret visit to Arkansas that becomes public as a result of an Instagram picture. And now there's conflicting information from his high school coach and himself as to whether he's visiting Texas after receiving an offer from them yesterday.

I don't blame any recruit for taking as many visits as possible. But whether it's fair or not, I'll believe he's coming to Miami once he's signed his LOI. Hard to trust a recruit who's lied once before and may be making a last-minute visit to a Charlie Strong-coached Texas program that has as much prestige as any in the country.

Really hope he ends up a Cane, though.

Indeed. Indeed.

**** that, I'm getting my free trip to Austin

Advertisement

Thats fine too. But thats not being comitted.

That's why the term "commitment" is garbage for a lot of the kids who make "commitments." Coach Smith at STA had it correct: don't jerk anyone around and actually be committed.

Why? To make internet fans happy? Why does he need to be in Miami this weekend? He already took his OV and 100 un-officials here. If the staff and the kid are 100%, why deny him an opportunity? Its a free trip. Our staff even tells some kids, go ahead, enjoy.

Advertisement
Back