Dixon and Rudolph updates

D

deleted3746

Per Tim Watts on Bama Online

Dixon
  • Watts says South Florida wide receiver Johnnie Dixon has been quiet since returning home from his official to UA. The biggest hurdle the Tide faces in Dixon's recruitment is that Dixon's mother must be convinced that her son would be okay by himself living that far from home. Watts previously noted that Dixon's mother doesn't like to travel and that poses a hurdle from Alabama's point-of-view. Dixon will take his fifth and final official visit to Tennessee this weekend before his planned November 30 announcement. Look for things to likely remain a Miami-Alabama battle heading into that date with the hometown holding the edge right now.

---

Rudolph
  • Watts says if things don't work out with Dixon, keep an eye out for West Palm Beach (Fla.) Cardinal Newman wide receiver Travis Rudloph. Rudolph took an official visit to Auburn last weekend and is expected back in the state this week for his visit to Alabama before he narrows his list and makes a decision. It's also worth noting that Rudolph has a significant number of relatives in the state, including several in Selma. Florida and FSU have been thought to be the leaders for Rudolph heading into his final trips, but a source close to the 4-star wideout expect the Tide to roll out the red carpet with a chance to make up significant ground late in the game.

SOURCE

Advertisement

Dixon
  • Watts says South Florida wide receiver Johnnie Dixon has been quiet since returning home from his official to UA. The biggest hurdle the Tide faces in Dixon's recruitment is that Dixon's mother must be convinced that her son would be okay by himself living that far from home. Watts previously noted that Dixon's mother doesn't like to travel and that poses a hurdle from Alabama's point-of-view. Dixon will take his fifth and final official visit to Tennessee this weekend before his planned November 30 announcement. Look for things to likely remain a Miami-Alabama battle heading into that date with the hometown holding the edge right now.

---

Rudolph
  • Watts says if things don't work out with Dixon, keep an eye out for West Palm Beach (Fla.) Cardinal Newman wide receiver Travis Rudloph. Rudolph took an official visit to Auburn last weekend and is expected back in the state this week for his visit to Alabama before he narrows his list and makes a decision. It's also worth noting that Rudolph has a significant number of relatives in the state, including several in Selma. Florida and FSU have been thought to be the leaders for Rudolph heading into his final trips, but a source close to the 4-star wideout expect the Tide to roll out the red carpet with a chance to make up significant ground late in the game.

SOURCE

Like it! Get Dixon and keep Rudolph out of Tally. Win win IMO

Advertisement
I think Dixon is critical because 1) I think he is the complete package as far as receiver skill set and; 2) we've been on him longer and harder than anyone else. Al has to win these recruiting battles for homegrown talent.

Dixon would be a big loss IMO even with the WR's we have coming in.

Agree. Brady - although has a high ceiling - is very raw. Berrios is a great guy but he's a slot. Langham is a long body and also raw. That's 3 very talented guys but they are either limited in what they offer an offense (slot) or they are very raw. Dixon is the total package and is probably most ready to play on Day1.

Dixon

And what does Alabama have behind door number 2, Johnny? That's right, a neeewww home in beautiful Tuscaloosa, Alabama!

Dixon

---

Rudolph

SOURCE

Like it! Get Dixon and keep Rudolph out of Tally. Win win IMO

Dixon never had FSU high on his list. Dixon will commit to Miami next week. Rudolph though is heading to Tally.. Their selling him on replacing Greene spot next year with Greene heading to the NFL after the season..

Advertisement
Still sour that Rudolph is showing the home town team no love. Especially considering he's "cousins" with Hester, his coach is Steve Walsh and his pops is supposedly a big Miami fan.

dammit mane...

Still sour that Rudolph is showing the home town team no love. Especially considering he's "cousins" with Hester, his coach is Steve Walsh and his pops is supposedly a big Miami fan.

dammit mane...

He was he's still salty that Golden wanted him at CB when he was committed..

Rashard Greene leaving early for the pros??????????????????? To be what? A mid 2nd - early 3rd round pick at best? Have yall seen the WR class coming out this year?

He needs to stay another year IMO. (But I wouldnt be mad if he left thats for **** sure. Lol.)

Anyway, I dont think anyone knows where Rudolph is going. This kids recruitment is like Cooks. Its all over the place.

And I dont think any of our WRs are ready to contribute. Even Dixon. I think they all need a RS. Especially if Griffin gets in.

dammit mane...

Name tag misplacement...its a big ****** deal.

Advertisement
Dixon would be a big loss IMO even with the WR's we have coming in.

Agree. Brady - although has a high ceiling - is very raw. Berrios is a great guy but he's a slot. Langham is a long body and also raw. That's 3 very talented guys but they are either limited in what they offer an offense (slot) or they are very raw. Dixon is the total package and is probably most ready to play on Day1.

Hope you're right. I don't see it yet with Dixon but Berrios is a guy who should be able to get on the field early. Agreed on Brady and Langham.

You're right - Berrios is also ready to impact day 1. Just feel we need that consistent and dynamic guy lining up outside and Dixon is - theoretically - that guy.

You're right - Berrios is also ready to impact day 1. Just feel we need that consistent and dynamic guy lining up outside and Dixon is - theoretically - that guy.

I'm not sure where Berrios fits in, ceiling-wise (I hate that term but not sure how else to put it) but he has the body type and game that can get him on the field early if he puts in the work. Dixon had a beastly summer but I'm hoping we get to see him making those plays in actual game action. I know he was a smallish receiver last year and that may have been the reason he struggled with separation in games so I am definitely reserving my criticism. No denying he has a ton of talent but we don't have anything coming in as good as Stacy Coley IMO

Advertisement

dammit mane...

Name tag misplacement...its a big ****in deal.

Probably not. BUT different coaches telling you different stories about which position you'll play AFTER they promised you that wide receiver would be your position is a BIG DEAL. Considering these kids know most of these coaches are "used car salesman" who will tell you anything to get you on campus. Once you arrive they switch it up on you. Coaches who cant get their story before you even commit is a BIG RED FLAG. And a fail on the coaching staff, for not having their **** together as far as telling these kids what their role is going to be if they decide to sign with UM.

I'm not sure where Berrios fits in, ceiling-wise (I hate that term but not sure how else to put it) but he has the body type and game that can get him on the field early if he puts in the work. Dixon had a beastly summer but I'm hoping we get to see him making those plays in actual game action. I know he was a smallish receiver last year and that may have been the reason he struggled with separation in games so I am definitely reserving my criticism. No denying he has a ton of talent but we don't have anything coming in as good as Stacy Coley IMO

Stacy Coley was the best SFL WR coming out in 7 to 8 years... He's having a freshman all american season and might make ALL ACC as a returner/PR.. Coley will be a 1-2 round pick in 2 years..

Having never seen Dixon live, can someone compare him and Stacy Coley for me? Who was the better WR at this point in their career, etc?

Having never seen Dixon live, can someone compare him and Stacy Coley for me? Who was the better WR at this point in their career, etc?

Coley, and it ain't close. Dixon is a really nice prospect I would love to have, but he isn't the gamebreaker that Coley is. Not yet anyway.

Advertisement
Back