Disney=ESPN=Ucf joining the $ec ?!?!

walter GIF
A87F7433-3CED-4240-9313-B55BB403B469.gif

40300D49-D26A-4F63-A883-16C359C218D7.gif

Advertisement
My dude, because you weren't aware ESPN is owned by Disney, I'm going to assume you don't know some basic things. Not trying to be offensive just explaining why I'm typing out commonly known knowledge.

ESPN needs to find a way to retain customers and a way to charge more for ads. They have lost viewers and revenue per subscriber every quarter for a consistent amount of time. As such, IF Disney was inclined to get involved in this dispute they would need a team that would create interesting matchups that they can sell to their advertisers--NOT a team that they can rally the home crowd around.

Additionally, ESPN itself will make the same amount of money on the school itself whether UCF is in the SEC and ACC. It would make more fiscal sense for Disney to say Miami to SEC and UCF to ACC.

With all that said, Disney makes more money from Disney stuff than it does from ESPN. At this point, ESPN is the equivalent of a property that keeps making less and less money but which you can't unload because everyone knows it isn't what it once was.

So I hope with that, you can take a deep breath and realize someone is absolutely taking advantage of you and probably still laughing that you believed them.
Disney/ESPN just spent an enormous amount of money to take the SEC away from CBS. I guarantee you it knew that Texas and Oklahoma were joining the conference. They wanted to maximize ad revenue and subscriber list through big time matchups like Texas-Georgia, Oklahoma-Alabama, not UCF games.

Anyone know what the attendance (games and tv) numbers were like for ucf during their “run”?

If this is truly being talked about, could it be a case where the powers that be peeked at the market and feel they can “manufacture” a team and base? UCF would make sense in that case cuz as as a brand it’s not as big (I dont think) and can be hijacked by corporate intentions.

I could be wrong but isn’t it also in the Disneyland vicinity? Adding a big team to their roster of activities in the area doesn’t sound like a stretch

1st off, I can't stand Disney, but regardless, apparently ESPN is owned by Disney (didn't know that) and has major influence on whatever decisions ESPN makes. So the latest is that Disney/Espn wants Ucf in the $ec over Miami! I guess the university's student size/numbers and Tv market are the driving force behind it. Does anyone else have more information or better perspective on this? This is insane! Personally, I think it's a bunch of Bs ! Hopefully this is all just rumors.
Shut The Fuck Up Veep Season 6 GIF by Veep HBO

Advertisement
Even if Disney, through ESPN was the ones making decisions on who joins the SEC, why would they pick UCF? They have nothing to do with each other. They’re not even close geographically. It’s an easy 45+ minute ride with little traffic from East Orlando to Disney. Disney World isn’t even in Orlando. It’s about the same distance to get to USF in Tampa as it is to UCF in Orlando. Also, if university size and student body was actually important to TV ratings, every conference would be banging down Arizona State’s door to get them to join. Nobody cares about them either.

Advertisement
1st off, I can't stand Disney, but regardless, apparently ESPN is owned by Disney (didn't know that) and has major influence on whatever decisions ESPN makes. So the latest is that Disney/Espn wants Ucf in the $ec over Miami! I guess the university's student size/numbers and Tv market are the driving force behind it. Does anyone else have more information or better perspective on this? This is insane! Personally, I think it's a bunch of Bs ! Hopefully this is all just rumors.
Yeah…so congrats on recently learning Disney owns ESPN.

Fun fact. The SEC already has exposure to the Orlando market because the University of Florida is a 2 hour drive from Orlando and has a much bigger fan base for some reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not going to read this whole thing, but there are more gator fans at UFC than Knights fans.

What is wrong with everybody anyways? I just brought it up because rather you believe it or not it's being talked about! So now I'm a troll? Lol

Understand.

This is the silly season.

Don't take comments at face value - just some folks having a bit of fun - and you're welcome to jump in as well.

If smart-assed comments were somehow restricted - my *** would have been kicked off here in 1648.

A.D.

Advertisement
Back