Discussion: Should we be hitting the JUCO and Canadian market harder?

E

As I said earlier, the best kids up here are usually at a prep in the states for their senior season these days.

Instead of UM investing in finding hidden gems in a whole other country, why not just hit SFLA kids earlier and harder?

because it doesn’t matter how early we hit those kids, they aren’t coming and imagine getting a year head start with those two, Cuba Hubbard, Chase Claypool, Neville Gallimore, Tyrone Crawford, Brett Jones, and Brent Urban?

Advertisement
Brett Jones went to the University of Regina. I'm 100 out of 100 kids would choose Miami, FL over Regina, SK.

Brent Urban (from the greater Toronto area) went to Virginia. As a Toronto kid myself, there is ALOT of love for Miami, and especially, warm weather!

I can tell you that, in regards to Chuba's recruitment, alot of school werent sure what to make of him. He's fast no doubt. But, his competition was sooo bad if made his film impossible to judge. And who wants to hop on a plane to Edmonton, AB to run into the same dilemma live. His recruitment was open until he could verify those times at camps and on campus.

Canadian kids are not going to snub their noses at any attention south of the border. But, if we are visiting them at prep schools in the states, it may be too late.

And this brings up the same question, if your going to fly all over canada making connections with kids and their families before their junior year, why not do the same in the tri-countys!?

Brett Jones went to the University of Regina. I'm 100 out of 100 kids would choose Miami, FL over Regina, SK.

Brent Urban (from the greater Toronto area) went to Virginia. As a Toronto kid myself, there is ALOT of love for Miami, and especially, warm weather!

I can tell you that, in regards to Chuba's recruitment, alot of school werent sure what to make of him. He's fast no doubt. But, his competition was sooo bad if made his film impossible to judge. And who wants to hop on a plane to Edmonton, AB to run into the same dilemma live. His recruitment was open until he could verify those times at camps and on campus.

Canadian kids are not going to snub their noses at any attention south of the border. But, if we are visiting them at prep schools in the states, it may be too late.

And this brings up the same question, if your going to fly all over canada making connections with kids and their families before their junior year, why not do the same in the tri-countys!?
Because they’re not coming and we have to hope and pray they turn into Damon Arnette, Greg Rousseau, and Allen Hurns if they’re lower rated guys. That’s why. This is like asking why doesn’t UGA just recruit the Atlanta and Valdosta areas or Clemson just recruit the Carolinas. The whole idea is the grab the 22-25 most talented kids you can grab a year and not settle for Nigel Bethel. That’s how you find the Isaiah Simmons of the world.

the roughest of them all.

Franklin was a bloodclat dog

tenor.gif
Shower Posse territory.

Shower Posse territory.

In this draft off head...

Isaiah Simmons, Wayne Peart and Neville Gallimore are jamaican descendants.

People harp on the samoan/polynesian groups...but the caribbean islands produces freaks....

Haiti, Bahamas, Jamaica has untapped athletes. Or we have descendants that people dont even know are...guys like Teddy Bridgewater, Zach Moss (santana moss family) are Bahamian descendants.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back