Discussion: Latest Update

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
All from Ivins:

- nothing more to report on Williams but he is starting to think we’re the pick.

- The early playing time pitch to Leonard Taylor is working. I really like this approach because it’s very true. Everybody is unproven after Jon and Nesta leave.

- We’re picking up more contact with Brashard. Gators might not view him as a priority after taking Charles Montgomery. Thanks Gates, we’ll take the superior speed.

- Nothing new with Jacolby other than an official CB for him

- We’re not going down without a fight for Hood

- Markavious Brown and Duce Chestnut are rising on the CB board.

My opinion:

- I already felt that way about Williams, I just wonder how many spots we really have. I would happily give up the last O-line spot or LB spot to get Crawford from Del. St and let him battle Williams for the LT spot with the loser going to RT but we obviously need to have the spot first.

- Brashard and Jacolby have a lot of potential and potential speed to add(Brashard more than JaColby even though he’s fast) but where’s the length? This isn’t 2009. Spread offense aren’t filled with small guys anymore. Teams like OSU, Baylor, Auburn, OU, Wash St., etc all have size to go with their speed and the one thing we’re lacking in our WR room is legit length. With that being said, I’m curious to see how it works out.

- Ok so Hood is leaning Michigan and you’re not giving up but where’s the expansion of the board in case you can’t make up ground? I’m not ok with just going with Troutman at Mike if they feel he would excel at striker. If you feel that’s his best position then don’t try to squeeze him into another position.

- I’m fine with Markavious Brown and Duce being bigger priorities but the lack of offered to Sistrunk and McGhee makes me shake my head. They cannot be serious about prioritizing Duce when Davion and Damarius haven’t even been offered and are probably more athletic. I’m a big purveyor of taking the best athletes/Football players no matter where they are but I’m not ok with that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
- Brashard and Jacolby have a lot of potential and potential speed to add(Brashard more than JaColby even though he’s fast) but where’s the length? This isn’t 2009. Spread offense aren’t filled with small guys anymore. Teams like OSU, Baylor, Auburn, OU, Wash St., etc all have size to go with their speed and the one thing we’re lacking in our WR room is legit length. With that being said, I’m curious to see how it works out.
Smith would be used as a RB/WR and the types who play that role in spreads are definitely still smaller guy. KJ Hill wasn’t a big guy and did work in the slot for OSU. They’ll keep pressing on guys Brinson and Nabers but 6’3-6’4 guys who have the elite ability you’re looking for are the guys everyone wants. Look at who went in the first round this year at WR. Guys of all sizes.

Advertisement
Smith would be used as a RB/WR and the types who play that role in spreads are definitely still smaller guy. KJ Hill wasn’t a big guy and did work in the slot for OSU. They’ll keep pressing on guys Brinson and Nabers but 6’3-6’4 guys who have the elite ability you’re looking for are the guys everyone wants. Look at who went in the first round this year at WR. Guys of all sizes.
I think you’re confusing what I’m saying. I have no problem with Jacolby and Brashard. What I’m pointing out is our room lacks size and I don’t feel like it’s being prioritized as well. Denzel Wims and Tyquan Thornton weren’t exactly 5* guys. We got a developer so let him develop these guys.

WR's not an issue.

Lashlee & Likens are both proven in those areas to recruit, develop & coach highly productive Wide outs.

George is a take & always has been since last year, there's no question about it.

The issue remains LB & CB recruiting, we've yet to hit home runs at either of those spots in the Richt/Diaz era.

I think you’re confusing what I’m saying. I have no problem with Jacolby and Brashard. What I’m pointing out is our room lacks size and I don’t feel like it’s being prioritized as well. Denzel Wims and Tyquan Thornton weren’t exactly 5* guys. We got a developer so let him develop these guys.
Yea Brinson and Nabers are 6’0 plus guys. Likens seems to be looking for certain traits for his room based on his interview from earlier this month. He identified and developed Brandon Aiyuk. We’ll see how the targets develop as the season goes along. I’m sure other guys may emerge too.

Advertisement
The frustration isn’t with Duce The player but the prioritization of him without even talking to Davion Sistrunk and Damarious Mcghee. Both are better athletes and there’s no offers.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're prioritizing Duce to specifically build inroads at Camden High and further strengthen the Jersey pipeline. His film is ok and I agree we should be pressing for McGhee. My fav uncommitted CB prospect is Cooper but no idea where he is on our board or his interest in us right now.

The frustration isn’t with Duce The player but the prioritization of him without even talking to Davion Sistrunk and Damarious Mcghee. Both are better athletes and there’s no offers.
I think he's a plenty good athlete (4.55 40) 4* composite. I'm obviously biased towards the Camden/South Jersey kids but they have that dog mentality, compete for everything, won't play games with the recruitment and value the Miami offer.

Advertisement

What if they have or tried and the players arent receptive?

What if Grades are an issue?

Advertisement
Back