Dionte Mullins Tweet

Research shows thats social media is a catalyst for the mental health crisis, not that it is simply more observable. Time spent on platforms has been one of the bigger markers. The current conclusion is that it creates social isolation.
Correlative research on time spent on the platform. Not the strongest I've seen and certainly not causation. It goes deeper than spending time on social media. Also, re-read what I wrote about "social media and certain expectations causing issues." There are deeper root causes. This is directly related to what I do for a living now, so would be glad to look at the studies you're referencing. Glad to learn something we've missed.

Advertisement
Research shows thats social media is a catalyst for the mental health crisis, not that it is simply more observable. Time spent on platforms has been one of the bigger markers. The current conclusion is that it creates social isolation.

My wife and I both deleted facebook and twitter 3-4 years ago now. It was one of the best life decisions we have ever made, which is sad to say in itself.

Correlative research on time spent on the platform. Not the strongest I've seen and certainly not causation. It goes deeper than spending time on social media. Also, re-read what I wrote about "social media and certain expectations causing issues." There are deeper root causes. This is directly related to what I do for a living now, so would be glad to look at the studies you're referencing. Glad to learn something we've missed.

Replying so I can bookmark this. I'm on a work trip...but we will 100% have a dialogue on this. This, too, is something I work on would love to exchange ideas.

I thought you broke down game film for a living...maybe I have you mixed up with someone else.

Advertisement
What mental health crisis? Has AOC commented on this crisis? If not, there's no crisis.

Advertisement
Back