Dionte Mullins...Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our WR's were tossing VT defensive backs like rag dolls on Saturday night. I have no complaints for Dugan's or our WR's. They played like MEN on Saturday. If Mullins didn't want to be a part of that then good bye.

Advertisement
The players love Dougans so it was only right for him to bounce... Why would you want to leave the beach and a packed crowd? Darrell Langham didn't get a lot of playing time but it's coming just stick with it and don't quit like Kaaya

Mullins was given every shot. I was a big Mullins fan, but if you're not getting separation and your dropping easy passes that hit your hands, how do you expect to remain in the rotation?? Plus Mullins was #2 /#3 at one point in the spring and got progressively worst.

The whole thing was him staying focused and learning the play book. You can have all the potential in the world, but if you don't realize your potential or blame others for you not reaching your potential, you will 100% of the time fail. I need him to take some accountability on this one; you're not getting pt over JT4 or Langham b/c they put in the work, and it's showing on the field.

Advertisement
This really didn’t have to do with his tweets.

Kid went off on Dugans yesterday morning and Dugans said the solution is simple...if you don’t want to be here, then leave.

i mean the kid laid it out in his tweet yesterday. Telling someone about themselves in south florida = Cussed someone out, and likely called them a B*tch.

Im guessing it aint work like that with Dugans. It basically was a cry for attention by Mullins..to maybe explain his reps situation, and wasnt the correct way of doing ...emotions involved and Dugans likely told him that. Me honestly i dont like it..as the kid seems to be a CANE from birth, likely was a dream come true and its gone..just like that ..for the lapse in judgement

Kid went off on Dugans yesterday morning and Dugans said the solution is simple...if you don’t want to be here, then leave.

i mean the kid laid it out in his tweet yesterday. Telling someone about themselves in south florida = Cussed someone out, and likely called them a B*tch.

Im guessing it aint work like that with Dugans. It basically was a cry for attention by Mullins..to maybe explain his reps situation, and wasnt the correct way of doing ...emotions involved and Dugans likely told him that. Me honestly i dont like it..as the kid seems to be a CANE from birth, likely was a dream come true and its gone..just like that ..for the lapse in judgement

Seems like it was his call.

I don’t got time to care... if he stays great! If he goes fine...
But these Canes are getting it done this year! No need in killing
The buzz over some gossip BS.
I’m just enjoying this year!

im one of the guys that wishes he stays.

We lose Braxton Berrios and i would like him here in the spring competing for a slot position. He's not as bad a player as some of u are making up, couldnt be with the amount of time he was fetching throughout the year. It was just wierd for him to not play much in the last game...simple sh*t would be was to explain that we rocked with more time for Braxton and Richards.

And for the folks acting like he got kicked off by richt Calm down yall making up yall own scenario. These are the same folks that were BEGGING..i mean BEGGING for Langham to be let go. Kid has ability and at the least will give us good competition for that slot spot int he spring with Jeff Thomas, Harley

Advertisement

so did he decide to leave or was he dismissed? and was this the 1st infraction?

I hope he stay as well. Dude is far from being a JAG. Hasnt reached his potential yet but he's a f'n sophmore, chill. He obviously has maturing to do but I rather he be ****ed about not playing than just accepting the bench.

I hope he stay as well. Dude is far from being a JAG. Hasnt reached his potential yet but he's a f'n sophmore, chill. He obviously has maturing to do but I rather he be ****ed about not playing than just accepting the bench.

thats the thing...he didnt say he was ****ed about getting the ball..just reps in the rotation. Ill take that all day..thats how wrs are wired. I coach 11 yr olds..have a kid that plays wr and cb. Kid had a pick 6 and a bout 2 catches during the game..and was bawling tears after a win because he aint get enough touches (we had other wr catch bombs). Harness that sh*T and get him back on the field to show it.

Advertisement
I was a big Mullins fan, but if you're not getting separation and your dropping easy passes that hit your hands, how do you expect to remain in the rotation??

Not saying hands & seperation aren't important, but I think Dugans prioritizes blocking over everything else. Maybe that's why Harris got more burn than Mullins, because it certainly wasn't for His ability to seperate from DBs.

I was a big Mullins fan, but if you're not getting separation and your dropping easy passes that hit your hands, how do you expect to remain in the rotation??

Not saying hands & seperation aren't important, but I think Dugans prioritizes blocking over everything else. Maybe that's why Harris got more burn than Mullins, because it certainly wasn't for His ability to seperate from DBs.

Mullins is a kid that were on our specialt eam block units. Hes pretty put together and seems like a good blocker from when i watch. I just think him and Dugans dont see eye to eye. Thats it...maybe they can reach a common ground..obviously telling him to bounce didnt sit well with Mullins

Sorry but Dayall Harris shouldn't be getting PT over Mullins.

But this was an absolutely stupid *** thing to post on twitter and incredibly selfish.

WR Reps tiers:

1. Richards and Berrios - Rarely leave field.
2. Thomas - About 65% of reps at Outside WR opposite Richards.
3. Harley & Langham - Harley should get about 20% of reps at Z and start working in behind Berrios. Langham should basically dominate the PT behind Richards. (Also, Langham and Richards should both be on the field in the redzone/goal line, take Thomas/Harley out)
4. Mullins - Sparingly used, maybe like 7% of snaps.
5. Harris & Cager -Basically no PT maybe a play or two max.

Why shouldn't Dyall get PT over Dionte?

He's not as talented or athletic. And he's already been suspended on the team this year for 3 games.

He's bigger, faster, get's about as much separation, and accepts his role.

Advertisement

thats the thing...he didnt say he was ****ed about getting the ball..just reps in the rotation. Ill take that all day..thats how wrs are wired. I coach 11 yr olds..have a kid that plays wr and cb. Kid had a pick 6 and a bout 2 catches during the game..and was bawling tears after a win because he aint get enough touches (we had other wr catch bombs). Harness that sh*T and get him back on the field to show it.

Crying that he didn't get the ball is one thing, going off on your position coach is another. Not to mention Mullins is a grown *** man not an 11 year old kid. He could have and should have handle the situation differently. Instead of going off on Dugans, he should have asked him what he needs to do to get more playing time. Simple as that.

Sorry but Dayall Harris shouldn't be getting PT over Mullins.

But this was an absolutely stupid *** thing to post on twitter and incredibly selfish.

WR Reps tiers:

1. Richards and Berrios - Rarely leave field.
2. Thomas - About 65% of reps at Outside WR opposite Richards.
3. Harley & Langham - Harley should get about 20% of reps at Z and start working in behind Berrios. Langham should basically dominate the PT behind Richards. (Also, Langham and Richards should both be on the field in the redzone/goal line, take Thomas/Harley out)
4. Mullins - Sparingly used, maybe like 7% of snaps.
5. Harris & Cager -Basically no PT maybe a play or two max.

Why shouldn't Dyall get PT over Dionte?

He's not as talented or athletic. And he's already been suspended on the team this year for 3 games.

He's bigger, faster, get's about as much separation, and accepts his role.

Oh yeah cause a 4.7 40 is just so fast. He is bigger though, so I'll give you that.
And Mullins does drop some balls, but he's definitely more of a playmaker than Harris was.

Either way I could care less about losing Mullins. Just like I didn't give a **** Harris was suspended. I like Mullins more than Harris though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back