Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

I love the premeditated “don’t say it” 😂. Yeah our guys are lacking from not having a great teacher. When you confound that with not being a great recruiter.. sheesh. Stop going after guys with no real substance behind them as coaches. There’s been only a few UGA coaches in the last few years worth hiring at all
DB's haven't been good with any coach though. Time to realize the talent we thought we had isn't any good. Ivey is still Ivey no matter Rumph, TRob, or Addae.

Addae forgot how to teach from 1 year to the next? Or is it that the lack of talent that big between us and UGA. Addae was able to recruit Ringo to UGA from Arizona but now he can't keep kids within the state? Maybe the reality of the situation is Miami is an aftermath and a doormat to most of these kids nowadays and we're just blinded by our fandom.

Advertisement
DB's haven't been good with any coach though. Time to realize the talent we thought we had isn't any good. Ivey is still Ivey no matter Rumph, TRob, or Addae.

Addae forgot how to teach from 1 year to the next? Or is it that the lack of talent that big between us and UGA. Addae was able to recruit Ringo to UGA from Arizona but now he can't keep kids within the state? Maybe the reality of the situation is Miami is an aftermath and a doormat to most of these kids nowadays and we're just blinded by our fandom.
He wouldn’t have recruited ringo to anywhere BUT uga tho. And I mean I don’t think he put on a teaching master class with db’s at uga either. They weren’t world beaters. That front 7 was so dominant they were able to play comfortably

But but but Top 3 class?

So we can't coach, and apparently can't recruit at a top ten level with a bump class...

whispers* choo choo was the move
ASAP-10.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love the premeditated “don’t say it” 😂. Yeah our guys are lacking from not having a great teacher. When you confound that with not being a great recruiter.. sheesh. Stop going after guys with no real substance behind them as coaches. There’s been only a few UGA coaches in the last few years worth hiring at all
Let me ask a legit question-

I keep hearing from our fan base that Addae is not a good coach nor recruiter, that it was all the Georgia logo on his chest.

But did his secondaries not improve drastically at WVU, and did he not show his value enough that Kirby wanted to hire him at DB, the position group that Kirby cares most about?

I find it hard to believe that he is just some bum coach and recruiter that was just a complete flop of a hire.

I keep hearing from our fan base that Addae is not a good coach nor recruiter, that it was all the Georgia logo on his chest.

But did his secondaries not improve drastically at WVU, and did he not show his value enough that Kirby wanted to hire him at DB, the position group that Kirby cares most about?

I find it hard to believe that he is just some bum coach and recruiter that was just a complete flop of a hire.
I don’t have the x&os expertise. Just know people on the recruiting side. I know he falls short in that area without the UGA game…

Advertisement
I’m an optimist but this is looking bleak. You got any good news for us lol?
We needed to have a ACC CG trip to get into the top 4-7 class wise. Probably 8-10 at the end of the day.

O: Pancake is probably the last realistic real big name on the board. We will likely fill the rest of the class with some surprises and local guys. It’s likely we get one to two more HS WR. They will stay all over Innis and I think it’s possible tbh.

O: I think ****ey stays with Oregon but takes an OV here. He loves Miami, but he’s a loyal cat. I think the ship sailed for Wilson, M’Pemba, Harbor at end. Our DT board is tough to predict. no clue on Bain, I know Auburn is making it tough on us, so is Louisville. Ultimately I think he comes to Miami but he’s making this a business decision… at least we can throw our hat in the ring for business decisions unlike the past…. DT as a whole is an interesting position to project. For instance, I found it wild that Jordan Davis was a 3 star from NC. Fingers crossed we can get similar luck… I’m hopeful on Damari Brown, but I’ve heard conflicting information there. Probably not done at LB… no idea on safety

transfer portal will be active, coming and going. I expect 35 to 40 new faces by August 23. Team will be most Mario’s guys and Manny’s best guys (hopefully 1 or two stay).

All in all plenty to be optimistic about. I just hope we can get some Ws (not for recruiting sake, but for my own sanity)

We needed to have a ACC CG trip to get into the top 4-7 class wise. Probably 8-10 at the end of the day.

O: Pancake is probably the last realistic real big name on the board. We will likely fill the rest of the class with some surprises and local guys. It’s likely we get one to two more HS WR. They will stay all over Innis and I think it’s possible tbh.

O: I think ****ey stays with Oregon but takes an OV here. He loves Miami, but he’s a loyal cat. I think the ship sailed for Wilson, M’Pemba, Harbor at end. Our DT board is tough to predict. no clue on Bain, I know Auburn is making it tough on us, so is Louisville. Ultimately I think he comes to Miami but he’s making this a business decision… at least we can throw our hat in the ring for business decisions unlike the past…. DT as a whole is an interesting position to project. For instance, I found it wild that Jordan Davis was a 3 star from NC. Fingers crossed we can get similar luck… I’m hopeful on Damari Brown, but I’ve heard conflicting information there. Probably not done at LB… no idea on safety

transfer portal will be active, coming and going. I expect 35 to 40 new faces by August 23. Team will be most Mario’s guys and Manny’s best guys (hopefully 1 or two stay).

All in all plenty to be optimistic about. I just hope we can get some Ws (not for recruiting sake, but for my own sanity)

Are head coaches allowed to transfer? Maybe Lane Kiffin has 4 years of eligibility left.

Thank you for this reply. Much appreciated.

Advertisement

Music to my ears. Get rid of the dead weight on this roster and get a beer in my hand.

He hired him for his potential. They were never just the craziest in the secondary at Wvu but they did improve

The issue is that our 5th on-field spot is going to a dedicated DE coach that supports a DL coach that from all accounts is a good technician but can't really cut it on the recruiting side.

One thought would be moving on from Addae and trying to grab Abdul-Rahim again, and he can be an internal DC candidate for when Steele eventually retires or moves on.

Advertisement
Back