Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Advertisement
Literally could say at least half of our coaches can't recruit as of now..
K. SMITH - TF????
R. WRIGHT- 1 DE????
J. SALVEA- TF????
J. ADDAE- TF????
J. GATTIS- No outside WR"s????
K. STEELE- What does he do in recruiting?

I am curious about what Steele does in recruiting too. C. Strong should be getting paid more than that man, it looks like he will get us the best LB haul in years, and next year looks promising too. Field, Mirabal, and Strong have all been money. Addae did land Stafford, I want the man to do well here, but I would've taken Raymond and Mikey Joseph as a WR coach. That would've been elite and doable with all the money we had to spend.

This class so far is comparable to manny’s 2020 class his first class as a full time hc
At the time of signing
Taylor Williams Garcia was 3 of the top 50

Manny’s first full class was the class of 2020 not class of 2021.

Advertisement
Literally could say at least half of our coaches can't recruit as of now..
K. SMITH - TF????
R. WRIGHT- 1 DE????
J. SALVEA- TF????
J. ADDAE- TF????
J. GATTIS- No outside WR"s????
K. STEELE- What does he do in recruiting?
Hard to agree with you on a couple of these. Smith landed Citizen after only being at Miami a few weeks and brought Parrish with him from Ole Miss. Was a good recruiter there too.

Steele is a DC and you rarely if ever see coordinators spearheading recruitments. There's a reason we hired Charlie Strong on that side of the ball.

Jury is out on Wright and Salave'a but I think we'll be fine there and the unit is playing well as a whole.

Advertisement
It's tough to nail down who is a good recruiter and who isn't. There's always the primary recruiter and they might not be their position coach.

Having said that, recruits know while this guy is recruiting them, they aren't going to play under them. They will have been recruited by whatever position coach as well forming some kind of relationship. To add to that, the OC and DC are involved in it all as well.

Looking at what we got in the transfer portal on the DL, I wouldn't say that Wright or Joe are bad recruiters. If they were, those guys wouldn't have come because they will be playing under them with Jason Taylor helping out. Why were struggling at CB and DT in particular though, I don't know. We're going up against a lot of the best and I'd generally chalk it up to we're not there yet to win most of those battles. We're fighting an uphill battle in fact and then there's NIL.

Hard to agree with you on a couple of these. Smith landed Citizen after only being at Miami a few weeks and brought Parrish with him from Ole Miss. Was a good recruiter there too.

Steele is a DC and you rarely if ever see coordinators spearheading recruitments. There's a reason we hired Charlie Strong on that side of the ball.

Jury is out on Wright and Salave'a but I think we'll be fine there and the unit is playing well as a whole.
Citizen was a credit to Mario. Steele got credit at Auburn for recruiting he don't get to chill now. Jury is out on all of them hence "as of now" in my OP.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All guys Miami could never have
Everybody ****ted on T-Rob when he left even though he brough in our best CB class in 10 years. I think we could have gotten something close. Even if we get Brown and Ricks (Don't say it) I haven't seen anything from our DBs that would signal they will be coached up.

Everybody ****ted on T-Rob when he left even though he brough in our best CB class in 10 years. I think we could have gotten something close. Even if we get Brown and Ricks (Don't say it) I haven't seen anything from our DBs that would signal they will be coached up.
I love the premeditated “don’t say it” 😂. Yeah our guys are lacking from not having a great teacher. When you confound that with not being a great recruiter.. sheesh. Stop going after guys with no real substance behind them as coaches. There’s been only a few UGA coaches in the last few years worth hiring at all

JA, sadly
Well... that's depressing. Having said that, every staff needs to get tweaked and adjusted, and the odds of hitting every hire is low. Unfortunately, between Gattis and Addae there are two big misses (so far).

To the extent you can go into it, obviously the results on field are not showing. For recruiting, is it effort, ability to connect, or not having Georgia's bags and employment for family system showing a regression to the mean?

Advertisement
Back