Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Believe it was lce or go gets thsy said he would. That’s his specialty. I like our dl play so I’m good w joe
And that’s ok. You can have a guy that specializes coaching wise and have others that do the heavy lifting.

But two guys, especially in the DB room, is a killer. I hate the backstabber for leaving for Bama (I understand why) as he brought in talent in his one year here. Not sure how good of a coach he actually is as I’ll leave that for others to determine.

But having WR, CB, Safety, DL issues is a big problem. RB as well. Hoping omit gets rectified by the day that really counts.

Advertisement
And that’s ok. You can have a guy that specializes coaching wise and have others that do the heavy lifting.

But two guys, especially in the DB room, is a killer. I hate the backstabber for leaving for Bama (I understand why) as he brought in talent in his one year here. Not sure how good of a coach he actually is as I’ll leave that for others to determine.

But having WR, CB, Safety, DL issues is a big problem. RB as well. Hoping omit gets rectified by the day that really counts.
WR isn't as big of an issue. We have 2 in the boat already for '23 and plenty of bodies next year plus the portal. DB recruiting is the biggest concern I have

Advertisement

919a3ce5-9433-4a06-b992-66bfbcc2f1c7_text.gif

Advertisement
Considering how poor our dbs have looked this year it may be time for a full time recruiter to take the reigns (DVD)…. DB play can’t get much worse

What's he going to sell though? This isn't the place to learn the ropes. He won't be able to point to anyone and say who he landed and then coached up or got drafted. He'd be going up against proven commodities. If we want to get up to the next level, we've gotta have someone the recruits will believe in. DVD would be a big *** gamble.

I'm not saying any of that in favor of Addae, but I'll at least wait to see how the first class pans out.

Advertisement
Addae with a short tenure here…. Bring me Corey Raymond

Some say he (Cristobal) tried that already and it didn't work out. At this point though, why would he leave there for here? Money, pay him way more, but aside from that it's a lateral move at best. We'd have to way overpay and maybe that pays out in the long run, but the Raymond to here ship sailed for the immediate future. I'd love to have him, would've when the position was open.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back