Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Cribby is famous now at least. We have that going for us.
BDDE34EB-713F-4723-956B-CD6CFC479457.jpeg

Advertisement
Let’s be honest… this weekend was a whiff. End of the world? No. But it was certainly underwhelming. Obviously still feel rather bullish on where we’ll end up tho.

In your opinion it was a whiff but it was not just seems that way because of UF but they’re situation is different, desperate. They were in a different mode. They had to try and make a statement…. They had to pressure recruits and did everything to prevent them from leaving early. But they’ve yet to address their offensive and defensive lines this cycle and that is not good at all.

What it was… a perfectly fine weekend laid back no pressure… where multiple ambassadors and top commits from the 2023 class were on campus having a good time and meeting/ bonding even recruiting some of the top rated 2024 recruits and a few top targets in the 23 class.

Like someone said there is levels to the recruiting game

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s like you people didn’t bother to read anything from the actual people that attended the event

Instead you got in your feelings about some recruits and can’t even let the weekend end before giving your thoughts about it

It’s downright embarrassing to consider this past weekend a “whiff” or “uneventful”

Just say you don’t get how recruiting works at all next time it would have saved the characters
facts

Look at the replies to that tweet. Nobody’s taking it seriously. Doesn’t matter that it’s on social media.

Advertisement
My money would be on Utah, but the irony of some of our fans talking about Utah hammering the Gates is sad. How short is their memory with regards to last year and who out current coach is?

Does it mean it's over for us if we get hammered by A&M?

Smack talk away, but ****, let's do it intelligently.
It's the other way around tho. The gater has been trying Mario with the two losses last year.. and it's gonna come back around when they get stomped out this year. Lot of **** talking about our coach, and when it happens to them I'm gonna savor the tears. 24 and 25 Mario will hand them bowls of shut it soup.

I’ll admit I expected more excitement from the bbq but maybe that’s because we’ve had crappy recruiters that depended on events to land their recruits. It could be that this event was more about keeping what you have then gaining new commits and there was a lot of 2024 guys there. Gonna take some time to get used to the new staff’s flow but the results have already proven themselves

Advertisement
Let’s be honest… this weekend was a whiff. End of the world? No. But it was certainly underwhelming. Obviously still feel rather bullish on where we’ll end up tho.
Why do you say that? Because there have been no announced commitments? You have no idea what the affect of the BBQ/cookout was on the uncommitted recruits.

This perceived "whiff" is more likely based on personal expectations rather than strategic and operational failure. Not only would that not be consistent with this staff's recent successes, it also wouldn't align with what some of the recruits have said coming off the Sat BBQ. Instead of measuring success on a Sunday evening, the same weekend of the BBQ, why not base it on actual commitments when they actually occur? People like to use the cliche, "chess not checkers", but then post like they have only ever played checkers. While I understand the desire for 6 months of an ongoing tsunami of talent from a fan standpoint, there are likely other factors in play if you read posts or between the lines of posts.

Advertisement
Because their ego is so fragile and large that they feel the need to post second-hand information, in order to receive continuous satisfaction from random social medial followers.

Essentially, they’re feeble-minded losers.
Just a bad look mane. Cribby and others bring great info here and soft shouldered losers are gonna ruin it

This perceived "whiff" is more likely based on personal expectations rather than strategic and operational failure. Not only would that not be consistent with this staff's recent successes, it also wouldn't align with what some of the recruits have said coming off the Sat BBQ. Instead of measuring success on a Sunday evening, the same weekend of the BBQ, why not base it on actual commitments when they actually occur? People like to use the cliche, "chess not checkers", but then post like they have only ever played checkers. While I understand the desire for 6 months of an ongoing tsunami of talent from a fan standpoint, there are likely other factors in play if you read posts or between the lines of posts.
I disagree. I believe that people like Flo gas people up with their baseless info. People like him told everyone to expect commits.

TBH, I had never heard of Flo until this past week. Regardless, anyone who has been following recruiting long enough should know better. These people are responsible for their own thoughts. If they choose to be sheep, it's not on Flo. It's on them for listening to Flo. Hopefully, they've learned.

Advertisement
Back