Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

To the people melting down over Jean........

Back away from the ledge. This is how it goes. Recruiting is a marathon not a sprint. We are playing the long game in a very professional manner while UF flails around and engages in goofy amateur hour stupidity just like @Cribby said. I firmly believe that Jean is just out to experience everything as we must not forget that these are still teenagers who are getting their first real glimpses of how the "world" works behind the scenes. We may not end up with him but it certainly won't be for a lack of effort.

I also believe that when many of these recruits including Jean have a chance to evaluate everything they will see clearly which program/s are conducting themselves in a professional manner and which ones are not. We certainly will not get everyone but the way in which we handle business will strongly favor us in the long run. So put your big boy pants on and quit squealing like little girls everytime a recruit we are after visits or commits to another school. We literally have IMO one of the most elite staffs in terms of coaching and recruiting, and they are only rivaled by Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State(for now). So buckle up buttercups. These are the Big Leagues and we are playing to win.

Advertisement

Back away from the ledge. This is how it goes. Recruiting is a marathon not a sprint. We are playing the long game in a very professional manner while UF flails around and engages in goofy amateur hour stupidity just like @Cribby said. I firmly believe that Jean is just out to experience everything as we must not forget that these are still teenagers who are getting their first real glimpses of how the "world" works behind the scenes. We may not end up with him but it certainly won't be for a lack of effort.

I also believe that when many of these recruits including Jean have a chance to evaluate everything they will see clearly which program/s are conducting themselves in a professional manner and which ones are not. We certainly will not get everyone but the way in which we handle business will strongly favor us in the long run. So put your big boy pants on and quit squealing like little girls everytime a recruit we are after visits or commits to another school. We literally have IMO one of the most elite staffs in terms of coaching and recruiting, and they are only rivaled by Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State(for now). So buckle up buttercups. These are the Big Leagues and we are playing to win.
Jean was a doozy because many did somersaults convincing themselves Jalen Brown was overrated and they quickly jumped on the Jean bandwagon. Pretty difficult to Simone Biles your way out of that predicament. In the end Jean is a take and a very good prospect plus the fact he is from a feeder, but he isn’t a must have. I think people made this out to be a bigger loss as it was compounded by losing out on Inniss and Jalen. In the end, we need to be rational and remember that Mario has us recruiting at levels we haven’t seen since the 08 cycle and his track record says he surpasses that.

I don’t think it’s a reaction to just Jean. Innis, Brown, and Jean and Hykeem trending away as well. All studs from SF and we’re looking like we’ll miss on all of them.

Jean was a doozy because many did somersaults convincing themselves Jalen Brown was overrated and they quickly jumped on the Jean bandwagon. Every difficult to Simone Biles your way out of that predicament. In the end Jean is a take a very good prospect plus the fact he is from a feeder, but he isn’t a must have. I think people made this out to be a bigger loss as it was compounded by losing out on Inniss and Jalen. In the end, we need to be rational and remember that Mario has us recruiting at levels we haven’t seen since the 08 cycle and his track record says he surpasses that.
True but considering the way uif conducts their business, I think it's a very good bet that Jean doesn't end up there. I agree with you that losing Jean would not be the cataclysmic event some have made it out to be but my point is that his recruitment is far from over as I can't see him sticking with that sinking ship.

In terms of Jalen Brown, I thought he was a take based on speed and potential but I do not consider Brown to be a must have in this class so I wasn't very worried about him picking LSU. I think there are much better still on the board. I like Fowles better than Brown for example. Williams and ****ey are no brainers and there will likely be more guys coming out of nowhere during the season. Bottom line is that we will be fine.

Jean. Innis, Brown, and Jean and Hykeem trending away as well. All studs from SF and we’re looking like we’ll miss on all of them.
Mario has a stigma of running the ball 50 times a game. Fair or not. Georgia did too but winning has solved that. Let the season play out. Thankfully we are recruiting well in the areas of need. Build trenches!

Advertisement
Nah no one is crying… you wanna see crying go to the gator tears thread and read their posts… that’s crying.

Edit: I see @cway313 disagrees… lol

The only ones crying are those who love doom and gloom on here.
Look at this.
I don’t think it’s a reaction to just Jean. Innis, Brown, and Jean and Hykeem trending away as well. All studs from SF and we’re looking like we’ll miss on all of them.

This ain't the Jean thread. Nobody's losing sleep over that kid. Best wishes.

Last edited:
I have it in on good authority that it was @PIPO, but don't tell anyone
Tell Lebron James GIF

Advertisement
Utah -2 is the line.

My money would be on Utah, but the irony of some of our fans talking about Utah hammering the Gates is sad. How short is their memory with regards to last year and who out current coach is?

Does it mean it's over for us if we get hammered by A&M?

Smack talk away, but ****, let's do it intelligently.

Whoever is responsible for the Los Herbstreit twiiter handle on here?

I gotta say you are a whole ***** for running to Twitter with that screen shot.

Real weirdo *** behavior from some of you ****** on here.

Bigger problems than them. This account has nearly 16K followers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
True but considering the way uif conducts their business, I think it's a very good bet that Jean doesn't end up there. I agree with you that losing Jean would not be the cataclysmic event some have made it out to be but my point is that his recruitment is far from over as I can't see him sticking with that sinking ship.

In terms of Jalen Brown, I thought he was a take based on speed and potential but I do not consider Brown to be a must have in this class so I wasn't very worried about him picking LSU. I think there are much better still on the board. I like Fowles better than Brown for example. Williams and ****ey are no brainers and there will likely be more guys coming out of nowhere during the season. Bottom line is that we will be fine.
I think ****ey is the best of the bunch on the same level as Inniss. Hykeem has a high ceiling but if you think Brown is raw… Fowles is an intriguing and good prospect but I don’t see this next level prospect others do right now. Brown has his faults but he has a way higher ceiling. All I know is that we needed 1 of Inniss, Hykeem or Jalen and only one is left on the board. In terms of us being fine, well that is subjective. We do have Ray Ray and Robby who are studs, so we didn’t strike out but if we wanted to assert our presence for this loaded WR class, thus far we are falling short.

Advertisement
Why are people going to Twitter with posts from our site **** that **** bro
Because their ego is so fragile and large that they feel the need to post second-hand information, in order to receive continuous satisfaction from random social medial followers.

Essentially, they’re feeble-minded losers.

Advertisement
Back