Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Advertisement
This stuff wasn’t on our board. I think Gaby gets info from staff. Whether something on here alerts him to look in to something, it might but not because I think he’s reading CIS. More so that a poster here brings information there and it becomes a question on their board. And yes, I have seen several CIS posters who post there bring info from here to that board.
That board is full of the worst posters imaginable. They all think CIS is fake news anyway until Gaby confirms 3 days later.

Gotcha. Well if Gabby gets his info from here like everyone says he does, maybe this thread alerted him to reach out to people.

Everybody here whines too much about reporters. Recruitments either never change or rarely rarely rarely ever change based off the actions ofa reporter. If Dijon wants to actually come to Miami, he will lol missing one cookout won’t stop him.

And most importantly if Miami doesn’t want it leaked, then find a way to shut the effing leak.
Its easy to say this when you don’t get how the game is played. Kids coaches, families , teammates and others leak stuff. Their HS coaches have their own reasons for leaking stuff. Our coaches can’t do anything about that. How about our media be like the Bama’s and Uga’s of the world?

Its easy to say this when you don’t get how the game is played. Kids coaches, families , teammates and others leak stuff. Their HS coaches have their own reasons for leaking stuff. Our coaches can’t do anything about that. How about our media be like the Bama’s and Uga’s of the world? This has been a Miami problem going back to Lebatard and how he got his start in journalism.
at the end of the day Dijon could have told the gators no I’m still going to visit Miami. This is just a soft mentality to go blame reporters. We’re not gonna win every battle. I’m not even saying we’re out of this one. But in general, it’s just making excuses.

Advertisement
No matter what happens its already a win for us. They literally panicked and coerced the kid to stay to avoid him coming here. I cant see Napier handling that well from everything ive heard about their staff being corny and out of touch. Most likely turned the kid off, it would definitely bother me if i were him.

That board is full of the worst posters imaginable. They all think CIS is fake news anyway until Gaby confirms 3 days later.
I joined that board for the gator board, for gator tears. Since I have access, I’ll read it a little bit. I like this board far better. There are a couple of posters there with info. That Browardcty305 or whatever his name is seems to be solid.

I joined that board for the gator board, for gator tears. Since I have access, I’ll read it a little bit. I like this board far better. There are a couple of posters there with info. That Browardcty305 or whatever his name is seems to be solid.
I joined for the exact same reasons. Very few good mostly bad. I do 99% of my posting over here.

Advertisement
If this is Gaby’s fault again, this is partially on whatever Miami staffer is feeding him info because it’s been proven he can’t keep his mouth shut.

Cut him off and the others. That’ll solve the problem.
It isn’t tabby’s job to keep his mouth shut. His job is to report on info he gets. The staffers know that. They wouldn’t have leaked it if they did otherwise. He’s gotta make a living.

It isn’t tabby’s job to keep his mouth shut. His job is to report on info he gets. The staffers know that. They wouldn’t have leaked it if they did otherwise. He’s gotta make a living.
Most successful and professional reporters know when to hold back just as there are always best case practices in any job. You don't see the bama and Georgia guys pulling that stuff.

Being trustworthy will eventually give him better access. If it helps the university thats also a plus because a winning program draws more subscribers. Just common sense stuff here

It doesn’t work like that. They give him access and information in return for understandings on release of information. He’s even said that he’s had discussions with them about what he can release in different recruitments.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sites are trying to build traffic, they are not employed by Miami. Its not always Miami who give the reporters info. Sometimes it comes from the other side. The player side, or rival schools. Yall need to stop assuming yall know where leaks came from.
Agree about where the info is coming from but in the end, the info, regardless of the source it’s coming from, the person benefiting from the info has a responsibility to exert the best possible judgement with how/when to share the info. There are ways to be coy in what you say without using names.

“Possibility of some surprise visitors” as an example. There are ways to do it.

Both D$ and Cribby basically had back to back post the day that happened expressing their surprise that was released. I don’t care if the kid was already on the airplane or not.

Any of you expecting Miami reporters to act like college town reporters need to forget about it. No idea what Gaby’s career aspirations are but they probably don’t consist of being the gopher for Lake and Stock for the rest of his life. He’s in a big city with multiple pro teams to cover if he gets the chance with much better pay in all likelihood. What would happen to those Bama and Georgia reporters if they “***** up”?Aint nothing else to cover.

You’ve seen it with the local papers. The Miami beat reporters usually graduate to Dolphins coverage or move on to something else. Ain’t no tenured reporters on the college ranks in Miami.

I’m not defending anyone who published the story, but wouldn’t they have found out naturally anyway? I’d imagine they would’ve found out the kid was going somewhere when he gave word he wasn’t showing to their event. Just seems like the sites are low hanging fruit.
Naturally is fine. Once people get eyes on you on campus who cares. It’s the process leading up to that point.

Advertisement
Back