Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Advertisement
He’d be best at Safety IMO, but if he’s going to play Corner it will be at Boundary

I was under the impression he was a Safety as well, I thought I read that earlier in the cycle but after watching that tape ..

Agree on him playing BC. I’d love to have that physicality on the edge, kid takes pride in roughing up kids at the LOS and looks to be a very smart CB as well with his route recognition and made a lot of plays coming off of his man and jumping stuff. Obviously that’s stuff he can get away with in HS but to your point, I think he is 1000% a guy you give a shot at CB at first. He doesn’t look slow or heavy footed either, made plenty of plays down the field as well. He just looks like a big kid who could be well over 200+ after a year in college. A talented piece in the back end regardless, would love to see us add him and then just go all out for Cormani.

Advertisement
You think that 4.5 laser is enbellished?
If it’s laser then it can’t be embellished.

I was just going off what I seen, to my eye he looked in that mid 4.5 range & that’s not slow.

IMPO he’d be a great Safety with his already college level physical frame & Ballhawking ability, BUT he could also play Boundary in College as well. It’s not really that big of a deal, it’s simply a matter of how you evaluate him & how he fits your scheme.

Advertisement
Apparently Knowles is not a great recruiter and is used to using those developmental kids. Also Ryan Day is not happy about the recruiting on D. Been listen to a Ohio YouTube channel, they talk about other stuff too but that's what they been saying. One of the dudes coached WR under Urban Liar up there

Well looking at his coaching resume should that have been a surprise to Day?

1988Cornell (DL)
1989–1994Cornell (RB)
1995–1996Cornell (LB/RC)
1997–2000Western Michigan (DL)
2001–2002Western Michigan (DC)
2003Ole Miss (LB/RC)
2004–2009Cornell
2010–2011Duke (DC/S)
2012–2014Duke (DC)
2015–2017Duke (DC/ILB)
2018–2021Oklahoma State (DC)
2022–presentOhio State (DC/LB)

In 34 seasons he has spent a 12 seasons at P5 schools working for David Cutcliffe (ole miss & duke) and Mike Gundy.

Neither one of them gave two ***** about recruiting.

**** before last season no one thought Knowles was all that good of a coordinator.

Last edited:

Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

Advertisement

I was just going off what I seen, to my eye he looked in that mid 4.5 range & that’s not slow.

IMPO he’d be a great Safety with his already college level physical frame & Ballhawking ability, BUT he could also play Boundary in College as well. It’s not really that big of a deal, it’s simply a matter of how you evaluate him & how he fits your scheme.
I'm always skeptical of 247 evaluations. His profile says laser but I know those aren't always accurate. Any high school DBs I'm taking LCE evaluations over Ivins.

Advertisement

We don't have a safety committed yet, so I'd be all for this!

Advertisement
Back