Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

It’s more of the same from Ryan Day. I keep telling my OSU friends up here this.

Ryan Day has a fundamental flaw as a college HC. He just wants to run his offense and call plays and wants nothing to do with the defense. He’s constantly pointing fingers at that side of the ball. Meanwhile, he has little to no interaction with them. And doesn’t want any.

He scapegoated the defense after last year (demoted his DC during the season) and now has hired a new staff. However, he just wants Knowles to totally run that side of the ball. Just months in, there are already problems with this staff and recruiting. He’s upset that he has to get involved in recruiting defense lol. He’s the head coach.

He’s going to end up in the NFL where he can run offense and somebody else runs the defense. That is an NFL model, not a college one.
Yea, I don’t see them winning the NC with him. Will always be up there but just don’t see him as that guy.

Advertisement
If Mario flips mustard he’s gonna have Billy playing ketchup.

My work here is done.
The Rock Applause GIF

It feels that way because its true. #1 in Mario's Laws of Recruiting as defined by @LeedsCane

Whenever and wherever possible, crush the Gator and any hopes they have in resurrecting their recruiting/program.

I'm pretty **** astute if you ask me :cool:--and I'm not even getting inside info.

Advertisement
I’m down in Bonita Springs right now on vacation from TN. We were heading down I-75 passing G-Ville and we needed gas. I refused to stop in that ****hole! My wife looked me dead square in the eyes and said you won’t stop because it’s Gainesville am I right? I didn’t even crack a grin and nodded and kept on trucking! Why? Because f them gators! I’ll happily throw the match on my way back by!

You're a good man. No need to pay any gas taxes or fuel taxes in Alachua County. I know you can make it to Ocala, give the good people of Marion County your hard-earned money...

Got-****, man, your name is CASH, you're all about that currency!

It’s more of the same from Ryan Day. I keep telling my OSU friends up here this.

Ryan Day has a fundamental flaw as a college HC. He just wants to run his offense and call plays and wants nothing to do with the defense. He’s constantly pointing fingers at that side of the ball. Meanwhile, he has little to no interaction with them. And doesn’t want any.

He scapegoated the defense after last year (demoted his DC during the season) and now has hired a new staff. However, he just wants Knowles to totally run that side of the ball. Just months in, there are already problems with this staff and recruiting. He’s upset that he has to get involved in recruiting defense lol. He’s the head coach.

He’s going to end up in the NFL where he can run offense and somebody else runs the defense. That is an NFL model, not a college one.
Agree. He hasn't found that optimal balance of involvement vs. delegation. The HC can't run everything, but also can't wash his hands of one side of the ball.

Advertisement
Advertisement
UF has already penciled him into the class. Everyone of them has thrown out their “bat signal” for the flip of Dijion. Unless they all are Delirious… I just don’t see Miami being in the picture for the kid.

Perhaps. But if Johnny Ruiz is commenting, then this one could turn on NIL...

Advertisement
I think he heads to the NFL soon and Ohio St hires Fickell. Win for both sides.
What good fortune (or skill/resources) they've had with the string of Tressel-Meyer-Day-Fickell. And Cooper was honestly a phenomenal recruiter, but just had some mind**** that he couldn't beat inferior Michigan teams. Crazy that they haven't played for more titles considering the HCs. Anyways, **** Ohio State.

Advertisement
Back