Didn't Even Call Butch Back

"No, as a matter of fact, they never called and even told me I didn't get the job," Davis said. "I actually heard it on the radio".

Butch Davis: Miami never called after interview, heard Richt news on radio - CBSSports.com

AP9601190797.jpg

Advertisement
They were never going to hire butch. I knew because it was just way to much **** being out there about him in connection with the job.

They were never going to hire butch. I knew because it was just way to much **** being out there about him in connection with the job.

Well, that and the fact that everyone close to the program kept saying that Butch would only get the job if every other option fell through.

They put the full court press on Richt starting Sunday and didnt let up until Wednesday night then had his press conference and many other things to worry about. Calling a coach that didnt make the cut doesnt surprise me.

Butch needs to realize he's a 'has been' and move on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"He looked at me and gave me a little nod, and I nodded back," saysShockey. "Then he just bowed his head, and he was gone."

Butch it's time you bow your head again and never look back. It's over.

It really sounds like some members of the BOT finally got some revenge and left butch hanging..

Advertisement
Richt was a great hire. Totally understandable why the BoT made the call.

But the last time we were relevant in college football was because of Butch Davis.

I can only assume porsters are secret Larry Coker Fan Club members and feel he has never gotten the respect he deserves.

And these threads trashing Butch are as old as the threads venerating him.

Its over. Move on.

I feel bad for him, but he has to understand that this is a business....just like he left for Cleveland b/c of a business decision, Miami chose a relevant coach who was available as a business decision.

Mark has won 73% of his games, two conference titles, several BCS bowl games after taking over a dump of program called Georgia. He's a top caliber coach. Our fondest memories of Butch as a coach were "good" but not great result at UNC while hiring someone w/ a known questionable past.

Miami had to go w/ the safer and better choice. I love Butch to death, wish someway we get him on board w/ this program in some capacity....but he has to understand that Miami made the better hire and if he was an AD and he had a choice between hiring a guy who's team is constantly in National Title Contention vs. a guy who's been away for 5 years and went out in disgrace, I'm sure he would've done the same thing. This coming from a BBB crew member.

Advertisement
I feel bad for him, but he has to understand that this is a business....just like he left for Cleveland b/c of a business decision, Miami chose a relevant coach who was available as a business decision.

Mark has won 73% of his games, two conference titles, several BCS bowl games after taking over a dump of program called Georgia. He's a top caliber coach. Our fondest memories of Butch as a coach were "good" but not great result at UNC while hiring someone w/ a known questionable past.

Miami had to go w/ the safer and better choice. I love Butch to death, wish someway we get him on board w/ this program in some capacity....but he has to understand that Miami made the better hire and if he was an AD and he had a choice between hiring a guy who's team is constantly in National Title Contention vs. a guy who's been away for 5 years and went out in disgrace, I'm sure he would've done the same thing. This coming from a BBB crew member.

I thought Butch was the safest hire, but now I think the admin got it right.

Advertisement
Back