Did you know Landon Collins could've been a Cane

Advertisement
would've severely underachieved here anyway with this staff.

Like Duke Johnson right? There's thing you can coach up and then kids with pure unadulterated talent. I.e. Jameis Winston. He didn't get better from Jumbos coaching. Because he regressed statistically from his heisman season and while he's slow as molasses, he threw that **** ball this weekend better than some vets in the NFL. The bucs are about to get a legit QB who's talented. Not one who was developed that way.

duke johnson plays on our offense last time i checked where we've actually had respectable numbers. has any of our defensive guys outside of Denzel really made a huge impact? and even denzel had a sophmore slump

You really gonna ignore Deon season? Thurston Armbrister probably led the team in sacks lol

glad you brought up Deon. and Thurston is quite the exception even though he disappeared half way through the season and our sack leader having only 5 sacks is nothing to rave about (boy our standards have been lowered substantially). Deon was right up there in terms of caliber recruit as Landon. Deon's numbers and impact have been pedestrian. now that's not a knock on Deon, that's a huge knock on this staff.

Deon has seen quite a bit of adversity and will be the impact player on this years defense next to probably Jermaine Grace. His shortcomings aren't his fault either. He had a sports hernia and his father was diagnosed with cancer. and him and Collins were not the same coming out. That's like comparing McFadden and Jaquan Johnson almost

LMAO he wasnt coming here, ive heard so many DBs that didnt come here in the past said the same ****

View attachment 29791

He wasn't lying...

Somebody get Cane Dynasty on the case about why Alabama is making their kids get bigger and slower!

Landon Collins was a 4.43 40 kid coming out of high school ...

Now, after 3 years of messing around with those idiots in the Alabama S&C program, he's only running 4.53 ...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/02/landon_collins_40_time_combine.html

Clearly, all these weight gains are ruining these kid's speed!

#sarcasm

PSA: Please STOP paying attention to high school 40 times. They are inflated, and inaccurate!

I don't believe ANY time on any site. They're there to bolster star ratings. Neither do I believe word of mouth.

LMAO he wasnt coming here, ive heard so many DBs that didnt come here in the past said the same ****

whether or not he would have come here is irrelevant. We didn't even try. I remember posting a few years back completely frustrated as to why we weren't recruiting him. There were several threads about him being a huge miami fan (his brother as well, who is now a cane).

If he really wanted to come he would have

So you can just pass tons of D1 offers to go to any school we want right? Ok...

Advertisement
We can probably build a all star team of players that wanted to come here but we blew it

Like Duke Johnson right? There's thing you can coach up and then kids with pure unadulterated talent. I.e. Jameis Winston. He didn't get better from Jumbos coaching. Because he regressed statistically from his heisman season and while he's slow as molasses, he threw that **** ball this weekend better than some vets in the NFL. The bucs are about to get a legit QB who's talented. Not one who was developed that way.

duke johnson plays on our offense last time i checked where we've actually had respectable numbers. has any of our defensive guys outside of Denzel really made a huge impact? and even denzel had a sophmore slump

You really gonna ignore Deon season? Thurston Armbrister probably led the team in sacks lol

glad you brought up Deon. and Thurston is quite the exception even though he disappeared half way through the season and our sack leader having only 5 sacks is nothing to rave about (boy our standards have been lowered substantially). Deon was right up there in terms of caliber recruit as Landon. Deon's numbers and impact have been pedestrian. now that's not a knock on Deon, that's a huge knock on this staff.

Deon has seen quite a bit of adversity and will be the impact player on this years defense next to probably Jermaine Grace. His shortcomings aren't his fault either. He had a sports hernia and his father was diagnosed with cancer. and him and Collins were not the same coming out. That's like comparing McFadden and Jaquan Johnson almost

It's almost as if people don't realize how good Burns was this past year and how highly he is thought of by NFL teams.

View attachment 29791

He wasn't lying...

Well, according to the Scout database still online, he had an offer from Miami.

Landon Collins
Ht: 6-0 Wt: 210
Position: S
Year: Class of 2012
High School: Dutchtown HS
(Geismar, LA)
College: Alabama

2012 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: S Pos Rank: #2 Pos Rating:

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Closing Speed
Size
Toughness
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Change of Direction
A big, physical safety, Collins looks like a linebacker on the field, but he is good in coverage. While's he's capable of covering the deep third and breaking up passes, it's his closing on the ball carrier in run support and big hits that make him stand out the most on the field. A big hitter, he doesn't sacrifice position or the sure play trying to make the big play. An early impact player - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com.

Biography:
2010: Collins had 102 tackles and four interceptions.

Schools of Interest:
School Interest Level Offer? Attended Camp? Visit Date Signed LOI?
Alabama Verbal Yes 11/04/2011
Auburn No Interest Yes None
Florida No Interest Yes None
LSU No Interest Yes None
Miami (Fl) No Interest Yes None
Tennessee No Interest Yes None
Texas No Interest Yes None

Last edited:
Advertisement

Deon was a top 5 at his position and one argue had better ball skills in high school than collins. in a lot of ways deon is more versatile than collins. can play both cb and safety. looking at his high school film the dude has a nose for the ball. no way did i think our staff would be stupid enough to make him a SS because they just didn't recruit one. in fact, Deon will probably get plenty of snaps at cb this year. The point i'm trying to make overall, is that why anyone would assume any high school player would come to play defense for this staff and succeed is just sad. must not be watching the same team i am. most guys seem to succeed in spite of the coaching staff. we literally neuter our players. b*tch out howard for making an interception, b*tch out luther robinson for making a play in the backfield, game planning for the passing game against run heavy teams, putting zero emphasis on a pass rush, and constantly players guys out of position.

Last edited:
Having an offer is not the same as recruiting someone. Lots of kids get offers, but only the kids the staff truly wants/thinks it can land get recruited.

I doubt we would have had any shot at Landon Collins. His mom was all about LSU and Bama was the returning champs.

Cant fault golden for this one. Gotta maintain some Recruiting efficacy.

Did you know my aunt could've been my uncle if she had balls!

Get off this dumb *****. Collins was never coming to UM...

I REALLY just got ****ed off on Twitter and here's why...

I have been seeing all **** weekend at the combine that Landon Collins idolized Sean Taylor **** near to the same effect that Duke did. Literally watched his game film before EVERY game. So I'm sitting here wondering why didn't he come here? Al OBVIOUSLY has no issue recruting kids out of state as we just locked up his little brother (Gerald Willis) and Stan Dobard.

He spoke to a reporter from DC about potentially getting drafted by the Redskins in the first round and ONCE AGAIN stated how much he Idolized ST.

Out of sheer curiosity I ask the reporter thru Twitter why didn't he become a hurricane then?

He replied to me:

View attachment 29790

This is the type of **** that ****es me off. ESPECIALLY with our current safety play.

Thanks Al!!

Even though I wouldn't want Paul Williams teaching him anything I think his talent alone would've made him a legend here.

i find it really hard to believe he would of went to miami over bama and lsu even if we made him the top priority those were the 2 hottest teams in the country at the time and their alot closer to home

Advertisement

I have been seeing all **** weekend at the combine that Landon Collins idolized Sean Taylor **** near to the same effect that Duke did. Literally watched his game film before EVERY game. So I'm sitting here wondering why didn't he come here? Al OBVIOUSLY has no issue recruting kids out of state as we just locked up his little brother (Gerald Willis) and Stan Dobard.

He spoke to a reporter from DC about potentially getting drafted by the Redskins in the first round and ONCE AGAIN stated how much he Idolized ST.

Out of sheer curiosity I ask the reporter thru Twitter why didn't he become a hurricane then?

He replied to me:

View attachment 29790

This is the type of **** that ****es me off. ESPECIALLY with our current safety play.

Thanks Al!!

Even though I wouldn't want Paul Williams teaching him anything I think his talent alone would've made him a legend here.

Lmfao. He was never coming to Miami. His mom wanted him to go to LSU.

He replied to me:

View attachment 29790

Thanks Al!!

Lmfao. He was never coming to Miami. His mom wanted him to go to LSU.

Did he go to LSU? thanks

folden-shower.gif

Advertisement
Did you know my aunt could've been my uncle if she had balls!

Get off this dumb ****z. Collins was never coming to UM...

He replied to me:

View attachment 29790

Thanks Al!!

Get off your aunts ***** then. I hate "fans" that come out here and talk **** with no objective. This isn't some speculation or some Pete aziz BS, this is directly from the man unless he already can afford PR to run his Twitter. The dude said he wasn't recruited that's what it is you moron

whether or not he would have come here is irrelevant. We didn't even try. I remember posting a few years back completely frustrated as to why we weren't recruiting him. There were several threads about him being a huge miami fan (his brother as well, who is now a cane).

If he really wanted to come he would have

So you can just pass tons of D1 offers to go to any school we want right? Ok...

So are you saying kids dont go to te schools they dont want to go to????

Just another example of al goldens overall " scary" coaching.

Advertisement
Back