Did you know Landon Collins could've been a Cane

MetiSkeemz

Junior
I REALLY just got ****ed off on Twitter and here's why...

I have been seeing all **** weekend at the combine that Landon Collins idolized Sean Taylor **** near to the same effect that Duke did. Literally watched his game film before EVERY game. So I'm sitting here wondering why didn't he come here? Al OBVIOUSLY has no issue recruting kids out of state as we just locked up his little brother (Gerald Willis) and Stan Dobard.

He spoke to a reporter from DC about potentially getting drafted by the Redskins in the first round and ONCE AGAIN stated how much he Idolized ST.

Out of sheer curiosity I ask the reporter thru Twitter why didn't he become a hurricane then?

He replied to me:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424724845.174186.jpg

This is the type of **** that ****es me off. ESPECIALLY with our current safety play.

Thanks Al!!

Even though I wouldn't want Paul Williams teaching him anything I think his talent alone would've made him a legend here.

Advertisement
would've severely underachieved here anyway with this staff.

Like Duke Johnson right? There's thing you can coach up and then kids with pure unadulterated talent. I.e. Jameis Winston. He didn't get better from Jumbos coaching. Because he regressed statistically from his heisman season and while he's slow as molasses, he threw that **** ball this weekend better than some vets in the NFL. The bucs are about to get a legit QB who's talented. Not one who was developed that way.

Advertisement

Like Duke Johnson right? There's thing you can coach up and then kids with pure unadulterated talent. I.e. Jameis Winston. He didn't get better from Jumbos coaching. Because he regressed statistically from his heisman season and while he's slow as molasses, he threw that **** ball this weekend better than some vets in the NFL. The bucs are about to get a legit QB who's talented. Not one who was developed that way.

duke johnson plays on our offense last time i checked where we've actually had respectable numbers. has any of our defensive guys outside of Denzel really made a huge impact? and even denzel had a sophmore slump

LMAO he wasnt coming here, ive heard so many DBs that didnt come here in the past said the same ****

whether or not he would have come here is irrelevant. We didn't even try. I remember posting a few years back completely frustrated as to why we weren't recruiting him. There were several threads about him being a huge miami fan (his brother as well, who is now a cane).

Advertisement

duke johnson plays on our offense last time i checked where we've actually had respectable numbers. has any of our defensive guys outside of Denzel really made a huge impact? and even denzel had a sophmore slump

Obviously but did I have to go explain about dukes talent and how he was coached up? Let's be honest.

You really gonna ignore Deon season? Thurston Armbrister probably led the team in sacks lol

Advertisement

You really gonna ignore Deon season? Thurston Armbrister probably led the team in sacks lol

glad you brought up Deon. and Thurston is quite the exception even though he disappeared half way through the season and our sack leader having only 5 sacks is nothing to rave about (boy our standards have been lowered substantially). Deon was right up there in terms of caliber recruit as Landon. Deon's numbers and impact have been pedestrian. now that's not a knock on Deon, that's a huge knock on this staff.

I remeber watching the opening when he was there. i just started following recruiting and was wondering why this stud did not have a miami offer. but i didnt know much back then so i really didnt know.

Duke Johnson didn't play for....

DONOFRIO.JPG

Advertisement
he wasn't recruited because this board didn't allow the staff doing so. why wasting time, resources and effort in a some 5 star oos?, we must recruit the 3 star equivalent from south florida.

LMAO he wasnt coming here, ive heard so many DBs that didnt come here in the past said the same ****

View attachment 29791

He wasn't lying...

Somebody get Cane Dynasty on the case about why Alabama is making their kids get bigger and slower!

Landon Collins was a 4.43 40 kid coming out of high school ...

Now, after 3 years of messing around with those idiots in the Alabama S&C program, he's only running 4.53 ...

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/02/landon_collins_40_time_combine.html

Clearly, all these weight gains are ruining these kid's speed!

#sarcasm

PSA: Please STOP paying attention to high school 40 times. They are inflated, and inaccurate!

whether or not he would have come here is irrelevant. We didn't even try. I remember posting a few years back completely frustrated as to why we weren't recruiting him. There were several threads about him being a huge miami fan (his brother as well, who is now a cane).

If he really wanted to come he would have

Advertisement
Back