Did we out coach NC St

Advertisement
No they outcorched us
This… Corch fest.
1635124354119.jpeg

Lashlee opened up a few plays they hadn't seen all year. The biggest reason they lost, other than drops but whatever, is their deep ball defense was putrid. Not taking anything away from TVD but if you don't have db's that can defend floaters like that, without giving up 6 or getting a flag, you are probably in some trouble. We took advantage of that so some outcorching on Lashlee part. Maybe TVD hype talk forced his hand?

I think anybody who wretched that game and that actually understands what’s going on from a play to play basis would say our guys wanted it more. I don’t think NC St. was our coaches at all but that they couldn’t overcome our talent and us constantly making plays. Make no mistake, our game plan belonged on a waste management trash site and Leary played really good as well. We just made more plays than them.

Advertisement
We're basically a few plays from having an 3-0 conferenece record. N.C and Virgin beat us while TVD was making his 1st and 2nd start. With that said we're 3-4 and we're using our weapons better. I want to see more from #80. I think once he gets going we will be **** near unstoppable. Go Canes

Advertisement
I think anybody who wretched that game and that actually understands what’s going on from a play to play basis would say our guys wanted it more. I don’t think NC St. was our coaches at all but that they couldn’t overcome our talent and us constantly making plays. Make no mistake, our game plan belonged on a waste management trash site and Leary played really good as well. We just made more plays than them.
Agreed! They also dropped a lot of passes & that over turn on the fumbled punt because a helmet came off.

Lucky but part of the game.

That Manny timeout near the end of Q2 when NC St had no timeouts - JFC!!!

Advertisement
Our did we just out athlete them?
Both + luck. They came down with a serious case of the drops (talent). And we were really fortunate on that PR fumble inside the 5 (luck).

The explosive passing plays were a combination of Lashlee outcoaching the D--he's done this before plenty of times for big gains (it's his running plays that are pedestrian)--and our athletes outrunning the D.

We're basically a few plays from having an 3-0 conferenece record. N.C and Virgin beat us while TVD was making his 1st and 2nd start. With that said we're 3-4 and we're using our weapons better. I want to see more from #80. I think once he gets going we will be **** near unstoppable. Go Canes
Bad tackling has cost us 2 maybe 3 games. Just giving drives and points away.

Advertisement
Defensive players decided to tackle instead of throwing shoulders. They also pursued the ball carrier instead of giving up on plays not near them. They didn't go for lazy attempts at highlight reel plays. They probably studied their opponents film with conviction during the week and had respect for the opponent. It might sound stupid/snarky/petty, but it goes a long way in determining who wins and loses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back