Did Boston College perform a better coaching search than Miami?

Boston College poached a rising star in Todd Hafley. Ohio State co-defensive coordinator. Bucks has been pretty legit. But point is, Boston College went out and searched for candidates and went with the guy they felt was best. Blake James hasn’t performed a true coaching search since he stepped foot in Coral Gables. If manny was the guy after a search, greats but the point is make sure you are flipping every stone to make sure you are hiring the “best” guy. Just irritates me that Boston college did things better than Miami.

Advertisement
Boston College poached a rising star in Todd Hafley. Ohio State co-defensive coordinator. Bucks has been pretty legit. But point is, Boston College went out and searched for candidates and went with the guy they felt was best. Blake James hasn’t performed a true coaching search since he stepped foot in Coral Gables. If manny was the guy after a search, greats but the point is make sure you are flipping every stone to make sure you are hiring the “best” guy. Just irritates me that Boston college did things better than Miami.
Miami's athletic program is run by an incompetent bunch of bozos right now. Tell me something I dont know.

How do you know Hafley is a "rising star"?
Who annointed him as such?

Advertisement
Any school that sat down and put ONE SECOND of thought into their coaching search did more than Blake James. Anyone that made a single phone call to a qualified candidate is light years ahead of what Miami did. There's a reason why people in the industry outright laughed at the hire, it was poorly conducted, and showed that Blake James is completely inept as a hiring manager.

Not only did they perform a better coaching search. They would let Manny hang out indefinitely if he has a record like Addazio had. So not only do they care more about the coaching search, but they also have higher expectations from their coaches.
School hired the Associate AD from Ohio St to run the athletic department so yes, they give a crap about sports there.

Advertisement

Rising star? You couldn't even get his name right, it's JEFF Hafley. You must be confusing him with Todd HALEY.

And 2, noone has heard of this guy prior to this BC hiring which was by a former Ohio State admin. That's corporate nepotism at its finest. He's been a good recruiter this year at OSU but who wouldn't recruit well there. I'd like to see what **** do without that name and those athletes behind him.

Three, the guy had been a lifetime position coach prior to his 1 year stint with OSU as CO-defensive coordinator with Greg Mattison, so we know who was calling the shots there.

Tell me, what in his resume makes you think he's even qualified to be a head coach, and what makes you believe he's going to be successful? I've never seen a fanbase d!ckride other teams and organizations as much as you so called Canes fans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back