Did any media ask or did Diaz address why walk-on Ragone was in the game when UVA was in our redzone?

Why should anyone give a **** if he's a walk on? Can he play is all. Jesus, have we forgotten the placekicker move that happened IN THE SAME GAME?

Without commenting on the skillset of the walk-on kid, we should care because a competent coaching staff doesn't have to play walk-ons at LB because they fill their needs at each position with scholarship athletes. This isn't complicated. Kickers are a completely different animal.

Advertisement
Without commenting on the skillset of the walk-on kid, we should care because a competent coaching staff doesn't have to play walk-ons at LB because they fill their needs at each position with scholarship athletes. This isn't complicated. Kickers are a completely different animal.

This staff has been on board for less than a year, so your "fill the needs with scholarship guys" strategy comes back to what I already said: we have to throw a true freshman out there.

Advertisement
Mistake to redshirt Mcloud if it effects you to this extent...Also there are other ways around this. There were 2 LB on the field at this time, so I'm sure one of the strikers (Finley) can take Pickney's place in that particular defense.
To what extent guy they didnt score

What kind of moronic logic is that? So because the kid just happened to not fvck up and allow a TD, we should be fine with a 3rd string walk on coming in during crunch time.

If the Pats are down by 6. 2 seconds left at the 40 yard line and the coach decides to take Brady out and put Josh Gordon in at QB and he just happens to throw a TD pass. Does that mean it was a wise decision?
Lol this a stupid *** post. Josh Gordon isnt a QB first of all. This kid was playing his position. Also, we didnt take out Pinckney, he was hurt.

This isn't Manny's fault. The guy who was in charge of the defense on the previous staff was a terrible recruiter who let the LB depth go to ****. Oh wait....
Actually we have 8 linebackers. 3 are injured and 2 are red shirting so it leaves you with 3

Advertisement
I got laughed off the board in camp for having the audacity to suggest there are serious LB depth concerns.

But yeah, you definitely want a walk-on LB in the game in the 4th quarter of a must-win football game.

1. McCloud = redshirt
2. Joyner = injured
3. Jennings = injured
4. Huff = academic redshirt

Now, god forbid, imagine if 55 or 56 go down for any significant amount of time? Goodnight.
If they go down Mcloud wouldnt redshirt

Advertisement
Let’s see one redshirt, two hurt and one academically redshirting. That seems to me crap luck and it sucks. You play the cards you were dealt. We essentially lost an entire second string there. I am not happy Mccleod is redshirting but he will bring experience to a super young corps next year. We shall see, but if the guy does his job who cares.

Semper Canes!!!

4th game played in this year and you just noticed. Has done his job or he would have been called out on cis.
Walk on replaced Baxa.

Advertisement

68759608_990774181300385_7329828428930097653_n.jpg

Red beans and rice makes a redbone booty plump an feel real nice!

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back