Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
There was never going to be a unanimous like for this hire. Not Mario, Campbell, Paterson or anyone that was going to make everyone happy.
Even butch Davis da gaw many don’t want.
But we got an aggressive intelligent coach that can motivate. Let’s see if he’s smart enough to delegate and hire the right guys on offense.
The only bright spot on this team that has improved yearly has been the defense.
If your going to use the last game against him then also do it for Don Brown.

The "more innovative offense" stuff is already covered. That's actually the easy sh**.

Being more innovative doesnt automatically mean more points in big games.

Speaking of big games...do you guys watch big games and see how involved and passionate Alabama and Clemson assistants are??

They go out to these schools and recruit their ****s off with the same kind of energy. It's pretty **** clear what these 2 schools have in common.

Hiring people with his kind of competitive fire and that can be successful in recruiting and keep our kids grounded is the main challenge here...not finding one brilliant offensive mind and hanging up the cleats like we've already won some national title or something.

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If manny brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

“Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought.”

Ooooooooh! That’s why all the top So Fla defensemen are coming here. That’s exactly why Battle, Campbell, Surtain, X Thomas, Vincent, Jones, Bonitto, Boyles, Griffith, etc have been banging down our doors to come join our program.

Advertisement
Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If manny brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

Too bad I can only downvote you once

Don't matter. His defense plays the way it's supposed to and never quit on this trash offense. Manny needs to spread "the standard" across the entire team and let the OC do what they do.
Weird, I was at the U in 92. I remember the title game. I remember Alabama rednecks beating us. No memory of Dabo. Was he s big part of the title run? I do remember him working at the local grocery store.

Walk-on. He played some. Smart guy academically. GA'd at Bama.

Advertisement
As my anger over this hire is beginning to subside a little bit, I'm becoming more amenable to the idea that Richt made the Diaz hire happen by agreeing to forgo a large buyout in exchange for "certain considerations". While it was pretty magnanimous of him to pass on the cash, nobody passes on such a windfall simply out of the goodness of their heart. If JR stays on the staff, the evidence will be convincing enough for me that this is what happened. Either way, we are in a better position today than we were yesterday. I'd have preferred a real coaching search ending in the hiring of a high potential candidate but at this point I'll take it and move on.
CFB World is breathing a sigh of relief. And Saban re-lit the cigar...

Advertisement
Advertisement
His dad was mayor, he is going to figure out how to win the hearts and minds.
That's great... Hope that puts W's up...
I'm not mad at the hire , just confused how the U says they're conducting a national search and 9 hours later it's over....
That's twice in two weeks that's been said and it was over before it started........ I just hope this works out..... Last place anyone wants to fail is home...

Well...if he strikes out on an OC, it is 100% his fault.

I don't absolutely hate the hire, but the OC needs to be **** good. Big name good.

Otherwise, it is an absolutely terrible hire.

A lot of us were saying if we had any decent offense this year, we'd be a lot better than 7-6.

So...we'll be watchfully waiting. Don't ***** this up.
I’m riding with Diaz! This is beyond fair tho.

Where you been at bro. What’s your thoughts? Lol

Time will tell, but I’m not optimistic.

If you asked me a day ago, I would take Manny over Richt in a second.

Once Richt cleared the decks, I expected (hoped for would really be a more accurate description) an adult driven process guided by experts in finding the best coach possible.

This should have taken two weeks, not 6-8 hours.

We clearly did not have a process. Instead, we had a panicked overreaction designed purely to protect the job of one Blake James.

I like Manny, a lot. I really do. But this situation sets him up to fail.

Can this work? Yeah, I guess we could get lucky, but he’s got his work cut out for him. I’ll hold my lead for now.

That said, this does not give any of us confidence that the people making the big decisions have any ******* clue whatsoever as to what they are doing. There were a TON of great candidates for this job who weren’t given any look at all.

We played this like sheep, not like a lion.

Good luck and God bless Manny. He’s going to need both.

It was a lazy hire, very lazy. but Manny is our HC now. Let’s get behind him. If he phucc the OC hire up, we’ll give him ****, and if he ***** the bed on the field, we’ll run his *** out on rails, too. That said, let’s ride.

Advertisement
Back