Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
I know many people (including myself, at times) thought @Andrew was trolling, and maybe he really was but when i reread some of these things, I really think he was believing all that bull**** he was preaching.
I'm with you. There are countless examples too. Who tf trolls something they actually care about? "For the clicks" sounds a lot like a get out of jail free card.

This thread is beyond hilarious if you start from the beginning.

Short summary: IT DID NOT AGE WELL ..EVEN IN eTHE SLIGHTEST

It's good you keep records because most posters have convenient and very selective memories.

As for me, I really don't care when you joined party as long as you're not a party pooper

We ALL KNOW how this must end now

I know many people (including myself, at times) thought @Andrew was trolling, and maybe he really was but when i reread some of these things, I really think he was believing all that bull**** he was preaching.

I'm with you. There are countless examples too. Who tf trolls something they actually care about? "For the clicks" sounds a lot like a get out of jail free card.
This what I’m talking about. @Andrew , do you support our Head CoRch now with the same vigor you did when you started this thread?

Advertisement
I believe he's going to do good things. I have faith. Just get us a good modernized OC to go along with it.
We've had two now, but it goes beyond that. Miami is becoming known as a stop where OC's come to die. Its recruiting - no OC in the country can run an offense with a consistent bottom 25% dwelling OL. Modernizing isn;t going to help Cam or Roster hit holes that are seldom there; OC can't call the O and run the script if the defense isn't blocked sufficiently for periods of time.

Its not Rocket Science.

We had a 75% winning SEC Coach stop here and based on the previous bad recruiting did all he could in his power to get us one decent season. And he couldn't recruit a serviceable QB. Why? Because recruits want exposure, want to win, want to play in payoff games, not strive to play for the Coastal in the weak ACC, that we get o about as often as Sacades come out. That hasn't changed.

Why have we had to rely on Portal players and why do so many of them seem to play with better energy than the home grown recruits in the system for years? Say what you want about King, but he's the guy I'd want in a foxhole with me off that offense if the bullets were flying. He leads by example, but he can't do it alone,

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.
Maybe the worst porst of all time.

Maybe the worst porst of all time.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

This one aged like Boones Farm.
Manny should be gone at the end of the year. Even if he changed staff he's set []__[]s too far back with the product he's putting on the field. You're a dead man walking when the guys you have won't play for you and the ones you want won't come; ask Mark Richt. Ultimately, he is not ready and should be dismissed (buyout) at the end of the year so we can salvage next season with the talent we have. Either get one of the proven dudes on the sidelines or back-channel Mario, who can at least salvage a recruiting class.

Based on his trajectory there's absolutely no reason to move forward with Manny next season.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019

Advertisement
Manny should be gone at the end of the year. Even if he changed staff he's set []__[]s too far back with the product he's putting on the field. You're a dead man walking when the guys you have won't play for you and the ones you want won't come; ask Mark Richt. Ultimately, he is not ready and should be dismissed (buyout) at the end of the year so we can salvage next season with the talent we have. Either get one of the proven dudes on the sidelines or back-channel Mario, who can at least salvage a recruiting class.

Based on his trajectory there's absolutely no reason to move forward with Manny next season.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
Redeemed. Good for you.

Redeemed. Good for you.

you should watch an Oregon game, start to finish. They look like we should look in every way, and have some impressive athletes. It's sad that you would post this nonsense without seeing how his team plays. Matter a fact, watch the way his team played against Colorado on Friday. You should see the entire game but here are some highlights. They haven't allowed a TD in 55 possessions, are 9-1 at home since Mario took over, and run the up-tempo spread everyone thinks is the end-all be-all. I'm very impressed with what Mario has been able to accomplish there, and I respect his relentless determination with respect to his professional development.

Dude is flat out ready; he's seen championship football as a player, coached championship football, and is way more qualified than our current HC.
What we are seeing from our current HC is a complete and utter travesty, TBH. Mario will coach the Ducks to the PAC12 Championship and maybe the playoffs, but doesn't have the depth of quality athletes to compete with the Alabamas and Clemsons.

Give him Manny's opportunity and I have no doubt we'd be competing in short order. Will we get better under the current staff? Sure, as an alum I'll always hope for the best but I don't see Manny being able to recruit, or more importantly coach at the level necessary to WIN a championship in the next several years. They made a mistake and the leadership in athletics should be held accountable for their inability to filed a competitive program for the last decade-plus. I see a recurrent pattern of commitment to HCs who make compromising personnel decisions that are not in the best interest of our football program, and an unjustified devotion to those coaches because they are well-liked by administrators in Athletics.

I know it's only 6 games in, but this season ticket holder has seen enough to know where this is going. #FireBlakeJames

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back