Diaz owns up to FIU loss: "That responsibility falls upon me"

Advertisement
Here's what I got out of his interview:
1. Miami is not playing well because of anything I am/am not doing, but rather because of the culture that's been around the program
2. I don't know how to motivate my players to play better
3. I hope that somehow the new recruits will be self motivated to play better

This is our head coach.....

The only thing I want to hear from Diaz now is, "We had the TD rings and turnover chain to recognize the kids were playing at a high level and to celebrate it. Right now they aren't playing up to their talent level so I'm putting the jewelry away until I think the team has established it will give maximum effort no matter the opponent."

Rinse. Repeat. Its been like this for 17 years. New croots are supposed to change the culture. They get here and upper classman and under classman dont get along. Performance on the field is still trash. Under classman eventually become toxic upper classman. Rinse. Repeat.

Advertisement
chains are not part of Miamis culture... its manny trying to create fake swag.....all flash no substance..... what CMD doesn't get is people are laughing at the chain and dancing . we look like a bunch of clowns
is it me or does manny sound like Al Golden
The Cuban Al Golden. 100% BS and 200% Lack of Substance. Go to ****, Ricky Ricardo.

I’m sick of hearing coaches take the blame for colossal failures several times per season with no repercussions.

You stand there telling us what we already know—that it’s your fault. But who gives a fck what you say? It’s empty rhetoric that he thinks appeases dopey fans who give him credit for admitting the obvious.

So what? It’s your fault? What’s YOUR punishment, Manure? You say you might take away playing time from players? What are you giving up, motherfcker? You just produced the most humiliating loss in UM history, and your only punishment is saying, “it’s on me.”? Yeah great.
Dude just Willie Taggart with a sombrero on.

Advertisement
I’m sick of hearing coaches take the blame for colossal failures several times per season with no repercussions.

You stand there telling us what we already know—that it’s your fault. But who gives a fck what you say? It’s empty rhetoric that he thinks appeases dopey fans who give him credit for admitting the obvious.

So what? It’s your fault? What’s YOUR punishment, Manure? You say you might take away playing time from players? What are you giving up, motherfcker? You just produced the most humiliating loss in UM history, and your only punishment is saying, “it’s on me.”? Yeah great.
Miami football needs a Diazectomy and radiation treatment for Stage 4 Blake James disease.

Here's what I got out of his interview:
1. Miami is not playing well because of anything I am/am not doing, but rather because of the culture that's been around the program
2. I don't know how to motivate my players to play better
3. I hope that somehow the new recruits will be self motivated to play better

This is our head coach.....
i wouldn't let a kid of mine get within 1000 miles of a team corched by this fake wannabe

Advertisement
It’s on me

Throwing players under the bus for lack of preparation...(where was manny when players weren’t practicing hard?)

This “mysterious” aura surrounding the program that is holding it back.

Just wait this next group 17-18 years olds are different.

We’ll building this amazing culture you can’t see it and it’s not showing up on the field but it will produce wins because it’s “proven”

Threaten lack of playing time.

Mark my words...we will have different colored jerseys come spring football to show whose working the hardest and what team they’re on.

Manny will tell us how fierce the competition is with guys flying around to earn a black jersey.

If i had a manuscript from Al Golden I’d send it to Manny so maybe then he could wake up and realize that he’s got a one way ticket to being a failure unless:

he gets out of his comfort zone.

Visits with some real head coaches who’ve actually won recently.

Ditch most of this staff, his coordinators and his commitment to these schemes.

And go with some proven schemes and surround himself with ppl who are smarter than him and ppl that can get recruit.

I mean the it doesn’t get more humbling than losing to FIU. But coaches are stuborn creatures who are typically more concerned with looking like a genius and their scheme being “right” than actually winning.

Advertisement
Diaz owns up to FIU loss: "That responsibility falls upon me"

tenor.gif

i wouldn't let a kid of mine get within 1000 miles of a team corched by this fake wannabe

I'd tell my kid to go play for the University of Miami, the greatest university on gods green earth. Either Diaz will figure it out or he wont. If he doesn't, I think the program will finally get the colon cleansing it needs and the next coach will have Miami playing for championships. Never disrespect the U even if the head coach is a ding dong.

I'd tell my kid to go play for the University of Miami, the greatest university on gods green earth. Either Diaz will figure it out or he wont. If he doesn't, I think the program will finally get the colon cleansing it needs and the next coach will have Miami playing for championships. Never disrespect the U even if the head coach is a ding dong.
respectfully .....keep shaking your pom poms and keep pumping that sunshine, while you wait another 15 years for that "colon cleansing" ...and by the way, Diaz aint gonna figure nothing out ... maybe it will sink into your skull someday ... DIAZ LOST TO FIU ! have a good night .

h1.gif

The Disease of Me
"The force of selfishness is as inevitable and as calculable as the force of gravitation"
—Hailliard​
The Winner Within
Pat Riley argues that whether we know it or not, all of us are team players and it is through the team that we find significance. Yet the team can be undermined by the Disease of Me. In The Winner Within, he describes it as the overpowering belief in the importance of oneself. “The most difficult thing for individuals to do when they’re part of the team is to sacrifice. It is so easy to become selfish in a team environment.” The Disease of Meis ever present, but it can be anticipated and overcome. Riley lists the following symptoms of the disease:
  • Inexperience in dealing with sudden success
  • Chronic feelings of underappreciation
  • Paranoia over being cheated out of one's rightful share
  • Resentment against the competence of partners
  • Personal effort mustered solely to outshine a teammate
  • A leadership vacuum resulting from the formation of cliques and rivalries
  • Feelings of frustration even when the team performs successfully
Riley cautions, “Without that sacrifice, you’ll never know your team’s potential, or your own.”

Advertisement
Back