Diaz on Potential Staff Changes

Advertisement
I mean its clear as day and has been said on here numerous times...If anyone with a half of a brain watched that LSU vs UGA game and saw first hand that it pitted the "Spread Offense" vs "Pro-Style offense" and saw that the Pro-Style offense got absolutely destroyed to the point where I believe James Coley will get fired soon... and doesn't think that you need an OC that runs a wide open offense..then you don't deserve to be a HC in college. UGA tried their damnest on D to hold LSU to under 40 and couldn't do it. And I actually admired UGAs defense for playing as well as they did. And they still lost by 5 TDs. LOL.

Its just not feasible to think that Manny goes into next year thinking he can win with Enos's offense. He cant be that dumb. And if he is, then he cant have my money.

Advertisement
Ok let’s say Enos does get fired after the bowl game. What are some realistic options that we can go after that are available? Manny doesn’t have many connections in the coaching game so to me it’s really interesting.

Advertisement
Facts facts facts

Hickson has a free card for a season at least he's the only one pushing his weight on the trail.
Stubb's is a fuqin scrub and fans are about to build a shrine for him......almost unbelievable when I read the things I read on here. No wonder we suck we have coaches that think like most the fan base.
I don't stand on one side or the other on Stubbs as far as job security but what is your problem with him other than you didn't like the hire from the jump? He's got two 4-star national recruits committed and local player that people love. Harley played better. Wiggins played better. Why is the WR coach in a ****** offense a target?

I don't stand on one side or the other on Stubbs as far as job security but what is your problem with him other than you didn't like the hire from the jump? He's got two 4-star national recruits committed and local player that people love. Harley played better. Wiggins played better. Why is the WR coach in a ****** offense a target?
I'll let time tell the story

If Harley can play here Fleming can but I forgot he was on cold case files for killing someone. "Character issues"

amazing how the slurping is already growing if diaz fires the coaches he just hired.

diaz has NO business being here and firing his underlings will make no difference.

Advertisement
I'm still waiting for all the people banging the "these position coaches don't recruit well enough" drum to tell me what they have to sell. Why would an elite prospect, the ones you guys rub your dycks raw over come to Miami? We don't pay well enough and we don't win enough. So why would those coaches win recruiting battles for the best players in the country even if they reside in South Florida? Have we recruited well enough to play for and obviously not win an ACC title in Charlotte more than once the last 5 years? I would say yes. And yet we've had disasters at one coordinator position or the other all 5 years except for a 15 game stretch and even that stretch featured inconsistent offense. Throw in bad OL coaching and forget about it. Bang on position coaches all you like if you want.

Aint nothing changing but the strategy until the HC and coordinator positions are fixed. Maybe you get someone in here that offers the local 3-star that you like at what you deem is the appropriate time. Maybe a coach you like better doesn't get played. Not gonna matter

Start cutting checks or winning more games. Probably need to do both.

I mean its clear as day and has been said on here numerous times...If anyone with a half of a brain watched that LSU vs UGA game and saw first hand that it pitted the "Spread Offense" vs "Pro-Style offense" and saw that the Pro-Style offense got absolutely destroyed to the point where I believe James Coley will get fired soon... and doesn't think that you need an OC that runs a wide open offense..then you don't deserve to be a HC in college. UGA tried their damnest on D to hold LSU to under 40 and couldn't do it. And I actually admired UGAs defense for playing as well as they did. And they still lost by 5 TDs. LOL.

Its just not feasible to think that Manny goes into next year thinking he can win with Enos's offense. He cant be that dumb. And if he is, then he cant have my money.

Well said.

Diaz claims he wants to bring the Canes back to yesteryear. Yet he like all the other unsuccessful coaches hire his buddies at Coordinators when there were far more qualified candidates. His first call for DC should have went to Winston Moss to hire as DC or to consult. Had Winston been available or accepted, he would have known better defensive positions coaches. My primary complaint is that the buddy system prevents better qualified candidates and minorities from getting coordinator positions. It also means said players and fan base have to suffer through seasons like we just had. Recruits choosing better coaches and teams other than us. AD's should be more demanding of HC hires to choose more qualified and minority candidates for OC and DC's than their buddies.
Two things. #1 it's about best qualified coaches available. If they happen to be buddies than great as long as it's best qualified. #2 cant expect alot better when the chain of a.ds since shalalalala have all simply been buddy buddies cause its what's convenient. Just like the coaching searches. From hocutt to Einhorn or whatever his name was to flake it's all been quickest & most convenient. Last thing, when you mention all the other valid points you cheapen the rest of the statement by saying minorities... as u stated it's most qualified regardless of what that entails. I know women that are more qualified than most of this staff and I'd take them over this too. Winston was available by the way & he was set to be DC had another particular coach come here instead.

Advertisement
Because if we win he will keep the coaches. If we drop 50 like we did against Louisville he will think everything is fine.

Everyone skipped over this comment, but its 100% correct. Manny is waiting, praying that they blow out LA Tech so he can try and sell us on player execution and not the staff being the issue. A blow out win and he can sell hope and status quo. A loss, and he'll have to make changes to save face

We’re going to get our asses handed to us in this bowl game. Vegas is insane for giving 7.5

Yeah, really insane. They took the power rating gap of 10.5 points on average, and assigned home field edge to Louisiana Tech.

That's how you get to -7.5 points. So complicated. I bet that discussion required all of 15 seconds.

Maybe you guys will get rid of the stubbornness and understand that pointspreads are indeed based on power ratings and home field advantage, if any. The sporting public has been bamboozled for decades into believing it's some mysterious secret sauce.

Las Vegas doesn't push the secret sauce angle. They allow gullible cynical imaginations to take charge.

Power ratings toward the pointspread are like our criminal justice system. Not perfect but the best available method given the daily grind volume necessities all year long.

Advertisement
Back