Diaz on Potential Staff Changes

Advertisement
If he hitches his wagon to Enox he's getting fired next year, simple as that.

Don't squander away the opportunity of actualizing a childhood dream by being too stubborn. He was a local Miami kid that grew up dreaming he could one day be the Head Coach of The U & now that's it's finally happened he's about to throw it all away for Daniel ****** Enos. Smh

Wake the **** up Manuelito, do the right thing, get rid of Enox & save you job, don't go out like Willie Taggart did...
Willie brought in a new OC.

Some things cant be fixed.

Advertisement
Changes Manny should make:

1) Fix OL: Barry gone. It was a mess until a few decent games were strung together. One of the worst UM OLs ever.

2) Fix Offense: 3rd down conversions were terrible, redzone calls weak. Offense wasn't dynamic at all. Enos doesn't have a feel for playcalling. You either have it & get your offense into a rhythm or you don't. I think he's a solid QB coach who doesn't: (1) have great situational awareness; (2) make adjustments when things aren't working; and (3) mask his OL's deficiencies. Get the athletes in space & get the ball out fast!

3) Special teams: Cost us minimum of 3-4 games this season (which then caused the team to tank the last two games). Special teams were a disaster for most of the season.

4) DL coach: They played really passively for much of the season. GR15 was underutilized early. Not impressed.

5) Baker: Wouldn't hurt the team too much if he stuck around & Manny actually makes the defensive calls. Manny could replace him though with either a stout recruiter or a great DC (which would give Manny more leverage as HC).

Manny needs to make some changes. He has to show that performance matters. He needs to light a fire under everyone's rear end. If players loaf, he should bench them too. The culture needs to change dramatically.

I didn’t know that. Who is your source? I thought Diaz didn’t think so since he already demoted Patke and Banda and stripped Baker of duties. He also hired Stroud originally as an analyst

2 of those 3 things are false.

He didn’t “demote” Patke and Banda because he didn’t hire them to be co-DC’s.

Richt did.

And he didn’t strip Baker of play calling duties.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He also actually kept Banda as co-DC.

And he’s said he was satisfied with the defense.

So there aren’t going to be changes there, sans Stroud maybe moving back off field to reduce his work load.

If Manny was a cerebral as he claims to be he would ask himself what would Urban, Saban, Orgeron etc do in this circumstance? No way those guys allow this OC/scheme to remain.
Burrow was above average QB. Gets a new scheme/OC and he’s all world.

If he asked that question he would find that both Orgeron and Saban got rid of their OC after their first year. Orgeron outright fired his and Saban somehow convinced a young ambitious upcoming coach named Major Applewhite to go from being OC/QB at Baga to RB coach at his alma mater.

Because this is what successful coaches who care about winning do after losing to inferior opponents in Troy and Louisiana-Monroe. Let’s see if Captain Twitter troll who claims to rely on data so much actually does the same. Unfortunately only way I see him doing it is if we get spanked in the bowl game.

Advertisement
Changes Manny should make:

1) Fix OL: Barry gone. It was a mess until a few decent games were strung together. One of the worst UM OLs ever.

2) Fix Offense: 3rd down conversions were terrible, redzone calls weak. Offense wasn't dynamic at all. Enos doesn't have a feel for playcalling. You either have it & get your offense into a rhythm or you don't. I think he's a solid QB coach who doesn't: (1) have great situational awareness; (2) make adjustments when things aren't working; and (3) mask his OL's deficiencies. Get the athletes in space & get the ball out fast!

3) Special teams: Cost us minimum of 3-4 games this season (which then caused the team to tank the last two games). Special teams were a disaster for most of the season.

4) DL coach: They played really passively for much of the season. GR15 was underutilized early. Not impressed.

5) Baker: Wouldn't hurt the team too much if he stuck around & Manny actually makes the defensive calls. Manny could replace him though with either a stout recruiter or a great DC (which would give Manny more leverage as HC).

Manny needs to make some changes. He has to show that performance matters. He needs to light a fire under everyone's rear end. If players loaf, he should bench them too. The culture needs to change dramatically.
If one coach is fired then Barry should 100% be the guy who goes. The decision to start Nelson as a true freshman was head scratching to say the least and you can't be 127th out of 130 in sacks allowed with the amount of talent we have on the OL and keep your job. He also isn't getting it done on the recruiting trail so i'm not sure what he's bringing to the table at this point in time.

I'd honestly keep Enos on as Co-OC/QB's coach, if he was willing to do what LSU did with Esminger, but I highly doubt he'll go for that. Like Barry, the optics have looked awful and we are statistically worse on offense than we were last year under Richt so again, I don't know how you can justify keeping him.

Hickson, Stubbs and Field should be brought back IMO.

On defense, I was hoping and praying that Diaz revamped the staff when he took over but we were Top 10 in Total Defense last year so I understood not making changes. A year later and we absolutely didn't look the part of a Miami D on many occasions and have major shortcomings on the trail. I then see we finished 13th in Total Defense, so I can't see firings when you finish top 15 in Total Defense two years in a row.

I dont really give a **** what Manny Diaz does. He should make tons of changes.

If he does...cool. We can discuss.

If he doesn't, he's gone by January 2021.

Well suck regardless.

Advertisement
Back