Diaz on Potential Staff Changes

Advertisement
I’m not worried about stubb/fields/Hickson on O(other than his rb rotation)
I’ve always wondered why the RB rotation hasn’t been discussed more. Ive seen teams use 3 or 4 RB’s a game but we always just use 2, I wonder if it’s Hickson or Enos’ doing

Who would decommit if Enos gets fired?

The NFL is a different world. Having said that John Harbaugh is a great coach because he adapts to his talent. The Ravens are running the perfect offensive scheme for the talent they have. Us not so much.

Agree with you, adapt for your players, we did very little to help the OL or qb's this season. Let's run some more long developing PA passes from under center.

And this should be fairly obvious (spread or no spread) Someone has to fix the offensive line. There is enough talent to be serviceable. We are going on 10 years of pathetic offensive lines. Maybe the Duke Johnson team had one decent year.

Advertisement
Sounds like the Offense has one more game to prove themselves. (Not that they deserved one more)

I have been doing some analytics of teams and their offensive trends in terms of points, passing yards, rushing, 3rd down, and red zone... I may share on here in the near future but based on the numbers DeBoer was one of the names I zeroed in on after looking at his time at Fresno and at Indiana.

Some other names to consider are Ruggiero at Wake Forest, Tim Albin at Ohio (what they have done across the board in the categories I looked at was impressive over the last 3 seasons), and Zak Hill at Boise St.

Really unless you want to go pony up some serious cash and steal from one of the elite teams, if they would even consider Miami at all, tap into the Briles system and get Lebby, Kendal Briles, etc, or find a recently fired HC like Morris or Fedora... there’s not many names out there that impressed me statistically - aside from those 3 guys above. (and the military academies had good numbers but we’re not running a triple option)

The LSU method to tap into one of the elite systems in the NFL could work. Shane Day might be a good option working under Shanahan and I’m sure theres others.
I love what you did there and I agree 100% but our administration isn't nearly smart or competent enough to actually do that kind of research.

Advertisement
Sounds like the Offense has one more game to prove themselves. (Not that they deserved one more)
If Baker's head doesn't roll then Manny is no better than Golden or Richt.

If you yourself are in over your head and learning on the job, why fvck yourself over and stay loyal to a guy who's on the same boat as you?

Stubs has to go man why is it the Rumph of offense gets a pass like Rumph on defense. Weird af from Miami fans we always like the wrong coaches.

I don't know why fans stay loyal to segments of failed coaching staffs. If an incoming coordinator is saddles with position coaches he didn't hand select, you give him the excuse of not having his preferred guys around. And unless you have a coach consistently (meaning multiple cycles) of bringing in 4/5 star recruits, they should be shown the door. The only guy that fits this description is Hickson as he currently has Chaney and Knighton committed which is an elite haul for his position group. We don't have any group with that talent this cycle (QB withstanding).

If he hitches his wagon to Enox he's getting fired next year, simple as that.

Don't squander away the opportunity of actualizing a childhood dream by being too stubborn. He was a local Miami kid that grew up dreaming he could one day be the Head Coach of The U & now that's it's finally happened he's about to throw it all away for Daniel ****** Enos. Smh

Wake the **** up Manuelito, do the right thing, get rid of Enox & save you job, don't go out like Willie Taggart did...

Except Taggart had the balls to revamp the offense after year 1 and get Briles.

I love what you did there and I agree 100% but our administration isn't nearly smart or competent enough to actually do that kind of research.

I would agree with that. I think the hiring of Highsmith (if that rumor is legit) could lead us to a name in the NFL. Kitchens has some good under studies that could be looking for an OC opportunity and there were certainly some names he worked with in Green Bay. Brings a lot of contacts and possibilities into play on that front.

Then again I’m sure way off and everything will be status quo as usual. I’m just hoping the Highsmith thing is legitimate and he has some serious influence as to what needs to happen.

Advertisement
If he hitches his wagon to Enox he's getting fired next year, simple as that.

Don't squander away the opportunity of actualizing a childhood dream by being too stubborn. He was a local Miami kid that grew up dreaming he could one day be the Head Coach of The U & now that's it's finally happened he's about to throw it all away for Daniel ****** Enos. Smh

Wake the **** up Manuelito, do the right thing, get rid of Enox & save you job, don't go out like Willie Taggart did...
Nah. He grew up wanting to be a hairstylist & a politician. He morphed into tv analyst & broadcaster then realized someone out there would be stupid enough to hire him as a corch. Along came mork & now were here... 🙈🙉🙊

I don't know why fans stay loyal to segments of failed coaching staffs. If an incoming coordinator is saddles with position coaches he didn't hand select, you give him the excuse of not having his preferred guys around. And unless you have a coach consistently (meaning multiple cycles) of bringing in 4/5 star recruits, they should be shown the door. The only guy that fits this description is Hickson as he currently has Chaney and Knighton committed which is an elite haul for his position group. We don't have any group with that talent this cycle (QB withstanding).
Facts facts facts

Hickson has a free card for a season at least he's the only one pushing his weight on the trail.
Stubb's is a fuqin scrub and fans are about to build a shrine for him......almost unbelievable when I read the things I read on here. No wonder we suck we have coaches that think like most the fan base.

Advertisement
I would agree with that. I think the hiring of Highsmith (if that rumor is legit) could lead us to a name in the NFL. Kitchens has some good under studies that could be looking for an OC opportunity and there were certainly some names he worked with in Green Bay. Brings a lot of contacts and possibilities into play on that front.

Then again I’m sure way off and everything will be status quo as usual. I’m just hoping the Highsmith thing is legitimate and he has some serious influence as to what needs to happen.
The entire thing hinges on wether the Highsmith thing is legit or not. If it is legit then we may be in luck.

Diaz claims he wants to bring the Canes back to yesteryear. Yet he like all the other unsuccessful coaches hire his buddies at Coordinators when there were far more qualified candidates. His first call for DC should have went to Winston Moss to hire as DC or to consult. Had Winston been available or accepted, he would have known better defensive positions coaches. My primary complaint is that the buddy system prevents better qualified candidates and minorities from getting coordinator positions. It also means said players and fan base have to suffer through seasons like we just had. Recruits choosing better coaches and teams other than us. AD's should be more demanding of HC hires to choose more qualified and minority candidates for OC and DC's than their buddies.

Advertisement
Back