***** Diaz on Joe Rose

Advertisement
They scored 16 offensive points, had 300 yards of total offense and we improved 3rd and 4th down against to 33%.

In this game it appears the offense was solely to blame.
Was the Offense trash? Yes.

The poster asked if Manny had any comments on the Defense… which he did not because he doesn’t see a problem with his defense.

Nothing is solely on the offense or the defense but make no mistake, his defense was trash too.

That may be your wish, but it’s not my hope. And like I said before, my crystal ball is cloudy. I have no idea what’s going to happen on Saturday. And to be honest if you think you do, I beg you not to ever bet on games.
I did pretty well week 1 week 2 I had it like 39-13 UM boy was I off

Advertisement
You’re patting yourself on the back for week one. Come on man. That was kind of a no-brainer. Week two should’ve been something like 39 - 13.. But it wasn’t
I picked the exact score to my brother but here I was off by 4 points. Yea agree that was easy. Week two was the shock for me but at the same time I wasn't shocked while I was watching.

You are being thoughtful on your posts regarding the defense. That is so needed on this site.

It’s important to be realistic in analyzing the defense. While their performance was less than stellar, it wasn’t the driver in Saturday’s inadequate performance. The offense was my major issue.

Lack of DLine pressure is my major concern re: the defense as of now. To me, anyway.

I’m not sure what kind of a defensive performance we end up putting in this year, maybe it end up being really bad - who knows at this point - but again with respect to the defense, it was nowhere near the worst aspect of the team’s performance v App State, other than my concern regarding lack of pressure.

The defense played well enough to allow the offense to run away with the game.

Faint praise, but that’s what I’m seeing.
Exactly.
I agree the offense is worse but the defense has been steadily regressing since Manny took over. I never looked at the numbers but that's how it feels when I watch them. I would assume it's worse every year without looking it up
Correct the defense has regressed. That’s y recruiting has to be the number 1. I’m good with the personnel we’ve brought in the last 2 classes. Along with the guys we have committed so far

Exactly.

Correct the defense has regressed. That’s y recruiting has to be the number 1. I’m good with the personnel we’ve brought in the last 2 classes. Along with the guys we have committed so far
We need elite DEs and DTs...super shocked we got Taylor but at the same time Simpson is weak on the trail.

Advertisement
I picked the exact score to my brother but here I was off by 4 points. Yea agree that was easy. Week two was the shock for me but at the same time I wasn't shocked while I was watching.

I wasn’t that shocked. I was expecting a letdown. But not anything as bad as what we saw. The only redeeming thing was that we didn’t lose.

Ok my bad. Probably read it too fast. Thought you said he wasnt a Miami caliber LB at all and probably wouldnt even start for App State period either... Lol. Im a big Flagg defender. He shouldnt have been thrown into this. Alot of mistakes were made by coaching and Manny that lead up to Flagg literally being all we got at the moment. And hes performed admirably considering he wasnt a 5* recruit. I havent seen an instance where hes embarassed himself and shown he doesnt belong like Jennings, Steed..**** Huff cant even get on the field hes so useless. Dont get me started on him. Hes the one that deserves more backlash than Flagg.
I know we shouldn't live in our days of future past. However, back in our day, Flagg at best would be just another rotational player in mop up minutes. I agree with others its not his fault. The blame falls completely on Mandy. He has been here 6 yrs, with half as the DC and he's not landed a single impact LB. Its absolute trash recruiting of the position to go along with his garbazo gimmick Defense. Take a look at our LB recruits this year. Ain't no 4/5 star LB coming to this **** show defense.

He is an epic failure. Just like this clown!
football fail GIF

I know we shouldn't live in our days of future past. However, back in our day, Flagg at best would be just another rotational player in mop up minutes. I agree with others its not his fault. The blame falls completely on Mandy. He has been here 6 yrs, with half as the DC and he's not landed a single impact LB. Its absolute trash recruiting of the position to go along with his garbazo gimmick Defense. Take a look at our LB recruits this year. Ain't no 4/5 star LB coming to this **** show defense.

He is an epic failure. Just like this clown!
football fail GIF
I’m pretty sure that’s desean Jackson whose still making plays in the league…yeaaa I hope Flagg ends as the “epic failure” just like that

Advertisement
27-17 MSU. We are 8 point favorites for a reason so just like last week. We have better talent, experience snd at home so a win is expected. A loss and more proof this coaching staff has to go.

I’ll tell you guys something, I’m getting real sick of hearing Manny say how good App St is and brining up wins they had on the road 2 or 3 years ago.

App St is a good top 35-40 team, who if we had a team remotely close to a top 10 team would beat them by 20+

I’ll tell you guys something, I’m getting real sick of hearing Manny say how good App St is and brining up wins they had on the road 2 or 3 years ago.

App St is a good top 35-40 team, who if we had a team remotely close to a top 10 team would beat them by 20+
I’m saying…just like Texas a&m beat on Purdue.

Advertisement

That's the politician in him. You can hide a lot of sins in propping up your opponent. Manny acts like every team we play is Bama. I guarantee, win or lose against MSU, there is a 100% chance Manny will act like we just played a playoff team.

That may be your wish, but it’s not my hope. And like I said before, my crystal ball is cloudy. I have no idea what’s going to happen on Saturday. And to be honest if you think you do, I beg you not to ever bet on games.
This is the only answer. If nothing else, under Manny we've seen very consistent inconsistency in this team, even in the same game. Complete coin toss which version of the team shows up and for how many quarters. Anyone who says they know is lying and has been wrong at least twice lol.

Advertisement
Back