Diaz on Joe Rose

Advertisement
It’s hilarious how Manny talks about underclassmen. It’s always “ they will run and go hit someone but they don’t know where they are running to half the time” He will do whatever it takes to not give them big roles but 53, 44, and 5 can be out of position 8 times out of 10, whiff on tackles, look foolish as **** and he still talks them up like they are playing at a high level.

I seriously doubt Manny has any thoughts about losing his job and isn’t making any decisions based on fear. This team is too good
All driven people are partly motivated by fear of failure. If manny doesn’t think about failing, he doesn’t care about winning. they’re two sides of the same coin. if he thinks the team is too good to fail, he will certainly fail. Even the ‘01 team almost blew a game.

Advertisement
Joe brought up the question we all wanted about Pope and Wiggins dropping passes. He said it point blank. The guys get wide open but don’t always catch the ball.
In summary, Diaz said the WR room was young last season and they had to go with certain guys. He said now there’s competition and if you don’t perform someone else will take your spot.
Reading between the lines, it sounds like Pope and Wiggins will be playing but the leash will be short. I would also assume we will see a split snap count between several guys to start the season unless someone pulls away in the fall.
Diaz was all but gloating over Rambo. He must be tearing it up in practices and it’s carrying over. Biggest take away is that Rambo should at least keep one of Pope or Wiggins off the field.
I think the main thing is we expect Pope and Wiggins to play but if they are getting the majority of snaps over Washington and Restrepo than that’s a serious problem.

All driven people are partly motivated by fear of failure. If manny doesn’t think about failing, he doesn’t care about winning. they’re two sides of the same coin. if he thinks the team is too good to fail, he will certainly fail. Even the ‘01 team almost blew a game.

This is a preposterously cliched statement.

Spring is over , mopes versus slurpers season started today. Everyone oil up and get their singlet on, it’s time to rumble.
shades of blue GIF

Advertisement
Why can’t these dropsy WRs practice with a baseball like Mark Duper does?

Advertisement
Pope and Wiggins shouldn’t even be on the team. Maybe for programs where playing college football is the goal, but not at programs where you are striving to be elite. They steal reps from people like 88. How do they make the team better?

I think the main thing is we expect Pope and Wiggins to play but if they are getting the majority of snaps over Washington and Restrepo than that’s a serious problem.
I get Restrepo made some plays. In all fairness so did Pope. I think he broke his first tackle ever at least in a televised game. He had a long TD. Of course he had the worst drop of the game. That being said...everyone’s new fav the X man had a questionable drop on Sat himself. Smith to me showed the most explosiveness of anyone. His YAC capabilities are on another level. He also came down with a contested catch that Wiggins and Pope would’ve never made. Rambo was consistently open and showed a lot more speed than I saw on his Oky highlights.

Pope and Wiggins shouldn’t even be on the team. Maybe for programs where playing college football is the goal, but not at programs where you are striving to be elite. They steal reps from people like 88. How do they make the team better?
Pope is a bigger bust than baby Dre from the 08 class. That speaks volumes. Where you are hitting the nail on the head is that Akeem Jolla was rated as highly as Pope 20 years ago. Jolla barely saw the field once it was clear he was a Jag. If it wasn’t for covid I think the Jolla experience would’ve repeated itself.

Advertisement
It’s hilarious how Manny talks about underclassmen. It’s always “ they will run and go hit someone but they don’t know where they are running to half the time” He will do whatever it takes to not give them big roles but 53, 44, and 5 can be out of position 8 times out of 10, whiff on tackles, look foolish as **** and he still talks them up like they are playing at a high level.
One of the most frustrating things about him and coaches that subscribe to that policy. The entire point of playing the less talented older players is they are experienced and they are in the right position more times than not. Even if that is true they never make the play or never make any game changing plays so why continue to play them? At least the young guy more talented guy can get experience.

Spring is over , mopes versus slurpers season started today. Everyone oil up and get their singlet on, it’s time to rumble.

What happens if mopes realize that the players they spent the last year *****ing about not getting playing time are now the ones they hope don’t get playing time ....

I mean I know the answer is “******* manny” but it may turn into a mope inception... the mope within a mope within a mope...

1618888511889.gif

He’s not lying you know.

Advertisement
Back