Diaz on Joe Rose

TrueFloridian

Sophomore
Joe brought up the question we all wanted about Pope and Wiggins dropping passes. He said it point blank. The guys get wide open but don’t always catch the ball.
In summary, Diaz said the WR room was young last season and they had to go with certain guys. He said now there’s competition and if you don’t perform someone else will take your spot.
Reading between the lines, it sounds like Pope and Wiggins will be playing but the leash will be short. I would also assume we will see a split snap count between several guys to start the season unless someone pulls away in the fall.
Diaz was all but gloating over Rambo. He must be tearing it up in practices and it’s carrying over. Biggest take away is that Rambo should at least keep one of Pope or Wiggins off the field.

Advertisement
Manny saying the right thing now let's see if he sticks to his word. If either 6 or 8 start vs Bama and they drop an easier, catchable ball and they aren't benched then we'll know the deal.
That’s the obvious caveat. I’m willing to bet he will after listening to him. I can’t see Lashlee putting up with much this year either.

Advertisement
Manny saying the right thing now let's see if he sticks to his word. If either 6 or 8 start vs Bama and they drop an easier, catchable ball and they aren't benched then we'll know the deal.
might be I thought Pope's body language was kind of bad, looked like he was running with the second group : **** the walk on Johnson looked better then either Pope or Wiggins :

Advertisement
Manny knows there will be no excuses this year. Remember he's a mayor son. I'm sure he's seen what it looks like when your supporters determine you're the problem!

Hopefully, after last year, Manny understands that he could lose his dream job just a fast as he got it.

I seriously doubt Manny has any thoughts about losing his job and isn’t making any decisions based on fear. This team is too good

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny has done more than saying the right things, he has done a very good job in evaluating the weakness and has tried very hard to correct those weaknesses. He has corrected personnel through the portal, recruited well, we now have competition at most positions, and has made coaching changes when necessary. When Manny was hired I though this would be another first time head coach failure, and after the disaster in season one I was sure of it. However, he has attempted to rectify those failures. Manny has started to change my opinion, I have gone from very doubtful to giving him the opportunity that he has shown he deserves. This year is a real proving ground for him.

Advertisement
Manny has done more than saying the right things, he has done a very good job in evaluating the weakness and has tried very hard to correct those weaknesses. He has corrected personnel through the portal, recruited well, we now have competition at most positions, and has made coaching changes when necessary. When Manny was hired I though this would be another first time head coach failure, and after the disaster in season one I was sure of it. However, he has attempted to rectify those failures. Manny has started to change my opinion, I have gone from very doubtful to giving him the opportunity that he has shown he deserves. This year is a real proving ground for him.
Yes and no. He's definitely addressed lots of roster holes and recruiting has improved overall with him as HC but the issues with our linebacker talent falls completely on him as he recruited that position from 2016-18 & then miraculously hired someone even worse in Baker to coach & recruit the same position. I'm supportive of Manny but he still has a ways to go, this season will go a long ways to him building equity & trust from the fanbase.

Yes and no. He's definitely addressed lots of roster holes and recruiting has improved overall with him as HC but the issues with our linebacker talent falls completely on him as he recruited that position from 2016-18 & then miraculously hired someone even worse in Baker to coach & recruit the same position. I'm supportive of Manny but he still has a ways to go, this season will go a long ways to him building equity & trust from the fanbase.
X2

Advertisement
Back