Diaz now a candidate for TEMPLE

Advertisement
That was a while ago.

Temple has consistently had their head coaches go onto bigger positions over the last few years.
I don’t feel like Manny needs a stepping stone job at this point, being our d coordinator can be his stepping stone. I feel like he would be making a mistake unless he went to a power 5 job from here. Another year like this one and power 5 offers will come his way.

Let him go to Temple and groom his HC skills and come back after Richt retires in 4-5 years.

We've had good luck with Temple head coaches in the past.
Zach-Galifianakis-Laugh.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fake news. Temple closed up shop as an institution after Bill Cosby was convicted.

The people that want MR fired (me being one of them) this doesnt matter to me cause when Marks fired Diaz has to go anyway. There not going to keep anyone from Mark staff coaching transitions rarely work that way

Advertisement
Diaz will pass. He definitely won't have the same dogs/talent on D up there. He knows that.

I think many of you are underestimating the allure of being “the guy”.

Coupled with the fact our defense is going to take a step back next year, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Manny bolts.

Advertisement
This is a logical next step for him. Can't see him moving straight to a Power 5 program.

But I've said it on here before, for his high risk, high reward defense to do what we did this year he has to have the horses. I question if he can get enough of the caliber of players he needs there to have the success he's enjoying here.

Elko would have to be the preference. From the area ... Played college ball at Penn.

That would seem to be a weird fit for Diaz, but Collins was a weird fit at Temple, too.

I don’t feel like Manny needs a stepping stone job at this point, being our d coordinator can be his stepping stone. I feel like he would be making a mistake unless he went to a power 5 job from here. Another year like this one and power 5 offers will come his way.

Yet a majority on this board have opined that not having prior head coaching experience should immediately disqualify someone from consideration.

Advertisement
Back