Diaz now a candidate for TEMPLE

Advertisement
Fold the program if he leaves.
Absolutely the very dead end. Miami need to find a way to keep Diaz in the program because he is all we have to be excited for. Every other coach is expendable. Jeff Simpson is proving to be getting in Diaz’s category. But we do need to see how he develop the next group of DL next year. But he could prove to be another jewel. Rumph and Dugan could prove out the same in another year too.

Last edited:
If he is offered it, I think he takes it. A dc, even venables, isn’t going to be offered a good p5 job. Colorado is the best you can get, which is also a stepping stone job. He really wants to be a head coach, and temple has proven to be the best stepping stone of the past few years

Advertisement
If he is offered it, I think he takes it. A dc, even venables, isn’t going to be offered a good p5 job. Colorado is the best you can get, which is also a stepping stone job. He really wants to be a head coach, and temple has proven to be the best stepping stone of the past few years

Venables has absolutely been on big P5 jobs short lists, Tennessee last year, but has repeatedly said he is happy doing what he is doing. He is the highest paid DC in college ball I believe. Some guys are just happy being coordinators because it's a singular focus. I mean lets be real Manny still has a lot to prove even as a DC because he totally stunk it up at Texas and that's a hard stink to get rid of. He's still progressing even as a coordinator, I don't think he should go yet. He did a **** of a job with Miami the past 2 years even though there have been points where people have called for his head here. Still has work to be done even as a coordinator but that doesn't mean he won't entertain it if they offer him a huge sum. The good thing about Manny is he has learned to self evaluate every part of his defense and adjust on the fly and in his preparation.

Let him go to Temple and groom his HC skills and come back after Richt retires in 4-5 years.

We've had good luck with Temple head coaches in the past.
Richt won't make it 4-5 years. Richt is gone next year. Mike Leach will take over at that point.

He ain’t leaving

Why wouldn't he? If he does a solid job then can parlay it into something bigger, like past Temple HC's. It will be his kingdom to run. Plus who knows what he actually thinks about Richt. He may despise his way of running the team.

Advertisement
I think many of you are underestimating the allure of being “the guy”.

Coupled with the fact our defense is going to take a step back next year, I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Manny bolts.

The majority thought out D would take a step back this season. It didn't.

I'm giving Diaz and the staff the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason to believe otherwise.

With that being said I would hate to lose Diaz. Wouldn't blame him for going to become HC.

Diaz will pass. He definitely won't have the same dogs/talent on D up there. He knows that.

We may not be Miami, but we have 11 defensive players in the NFL. That number should jump to at least 14 next year.

Advertisement
Why wouldn't he? If he does a solid job then can parlay it into something bigger, like past Temple HC's. It will be his kingdom to run. Plus who knows what he actually thinks about Richt. He may despise his way of running the team.
Miami is home for him and who knows he may be the head coach in waiting here. Especially if Richt gets canned. I really don’t see Richt coaching much longer (health).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back