Diaz names Perry starter for GT, sticks with Williams long-term

We always hear how a player should never lose their job to injury. But what about 3 interceptions on our first 3 possessions in an embarrassing loss, where the backup came in and doubled the high score of any game started by the incumbent?

For once, Mandy's actions speak louder than his words.

Advertisement
I don’t hate/love one over the other. I know what I see with my eyes. They both have their pluses and minuses but thus far, Perry is showing a moxie and play making ability that comes with experience and maturity (and he has matured quite a lot, I’m proud of that young man and how far he as come. God bless him).
I hope they both continue to do well and develop cause if they do, we are in good shape for the next 3 years at the most important spot on the offense!!!

We always hear how a player should never lose their job to injury. But what about 3 interceptions on our first 3 possessions in an embarrassing loss, where the backup came in and doubled the high score of any game started by the incumbent?

For once, Mandy's actions speak louder than his words.
I get what you are saying but The 3 int thing can happen to anybody man. Fromm one of the most accurate qbs just came off a game where he threw 3 picks and Trevor Lawrence has thrown at least 1 int in every game this year except 1(in 2 of the games he’s thrown multiple ints).

The Pitt game is key to the season imo...

We'll obviously beat GTech, if we fck around & have a close game vs GTech then no question they'll start Jarren vs Pitt, but if we blow GTech out like we're supposed to, then he'll have a real conundrum on his hands.

The Narduzzi lives to ruin teams seasons, that's his whole m/o as a Coach, his only goal is to fck up your season. Our season is already fcked up as is, but we still have to beat Pitt if we plan on doing anything, that game is actually the most important game we have left (until we play Duke on the road).

If Jarren starts vs Pitt & comes out sluggish on the road, does Diaz/Enos pull him, or do they stick with him? Are they gonna do whatever they can to win that game, or are they gonna be okay with a Loss as long as it's a L with "their guy"?

A lot will be riding on that game... We're gonna see what this staff is really made of (even more than we already have lol) in these next coming games (@ Pitt, @ FSU, LVille & @ Duke) to finish out the season.
This purported undying commitment to Jarren as the starter is really stupid. It’s not like Jarren is a two year starter and Heisman candidate who got dinged up. The dude started a few games and was ok. He’s done nothing to cement himself as “our guy.”

As long as Perry continues to do well and win and be someone the team responds to then he should be the starter. If he shyts the bed then yank him. If these guys are so fragile that they go in the tank when they’re playing like **** and get yanked then they’re garbage anyway.

Play well and stay in. If you get hurt and the other guy plays well then too bad. If you play like **** then the other guy gets a chance. These dudes are acting like Jarren is fcking Joe Montana.

Advertisement
I get what you are saying but The 3 int thing can happen to anybody man. Fromm one of the most accurate qbs just came off a game where he threw 3 picks and Trevor Lawrence has thrown at least 1 int in every game this year except 1(in 2 of the games he’s thrown multiple ints).
Those are both proven entrenched starters. Jarren isn’t.

It was bound to happen. It wasn't all bad with Jarren leading up to VT but the Central Michigan game was a warning.

The injury doesn't help and Perry likely isn't the answer long-term. If anything they can battle it out again during the spring assuming they both continue their uneven play through 2019.

This was all pretty predictable considering youth across the board and a new system. What's troubling is the egomaniacal OC who does not appear willing to deviate from what he believes is the only way to do things. Maybe it all begins to get better as time wears on.

All of this arguing is really a moot point since Jarren is not physically healthy enough to run the offense completely right now. Who knows if and when he will. Manny is reinforcing the fact he was named the starter for a reason. He said it. its Not about interceptions etc. plenty of young QBs have a few interceptions. Perry certainly had his share last year.

Jarren has become a casualty of that OLine. I hope the staff plans to adjust for Perry this week. Guys need to make their blocks etc. Wouldn’t it be terrible to have two QBs out injured because they didn’t ?

Advertisement
We can win with either QB, is not like one has separated a lot from the other.
People here are just looking for reasons to complain.

How is that we can win with either Qb but only one QB has beaten a Power 5 team and the other couldn’t get the passing game going against Bethune until the 2nd half and struggled all game against Central Michigan?

One could also argue that he played so poorly because the staff forced him to play injured. Does a healthy Jarren throw 3 interceptions? I don’t think so.

Advertisement
So...

Jarren is "their guy"
But Nkosi is qb1

And Jarren and Tate are both qb2.

And if Jarren and Tate are both qb2, then Tate is just as good as jarren.

If Jarren is qb2 and their guy, why is Tate not their guy?

Does Diaz know how absurd he sounds?

I’ll make this easy for you.
Jarren is their guy.
Jarren has been injured and isn’t 100%
So in the mean time N’kosi is starting.

What’s hard to understand about this?

Advertisement
I’ll make this easy for you.
Jarren is their guy.
Jarren has been injured and isn’t 100%
So in the mean time N’kosi is starting.

What’s hard to understand about this?
The problem is that Perry has played better and they will put Jarren back in for the hard games and we'll go 4-8. Do you understand?

The problem is that Perry has played better and they will put Jarren back in for the hard games and we'll go 4-8. Do you understand?

He really hasn’t played better. There are three phases of them team and this week was the first time special teams and defense both worked. Jarren had Miami with a lead in the 4th vs UF and UNC

They’ve both played good enough to win

Advertisement
Back