Diaz is younger version of Swinney, Saban, Urban Meyer

At the moment the three biggest things Manny has done are the TOC, being ready for the portal, and the Toga party at the Nike clinic. Two are classic Cane moves that I love. The portal crush is advance brain stuff. There is still a long way to go before we start making him a god. Lets start with betting the gator to death this year. Manny is bringing the snap and crackle of the old teams back, but we need the pop of onfield destruction. Still the Orlando robbery was classic and has me excited.

Advertisement
Hot take from a washed up recruiting guru that never was.

Clown didn't even have ST26 in His Top 100 in 2001.

Blustein >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lemming alllllllll day.

Not that I want to get older any sooner, but I wish I could fast-forward to Aug. 31st... and have a bottle of really good single malt ready to celebrate.

Advertisement
He’s gotta win before I can feel good or appreciate the insane amount of positive momentum because I won’t be able to take it if he fails and one of the ***** with no life digs up a three year old thread where I was happy about the new energy and positivity around the program.

I need to be be dour and matronly because that’s the safe way. So, please stop posting these insanely positive articles about UM because momentum means nothing at all when it comes to recruiting and building a program.

We are like a pack of Pavlov's dogs. We've been conditioned to get excited and tails a wagg'n over the sight and smell of a treat.

Only to have 100,000 volts run through out hapless bodies via the shock collar right before we eat.

It's so healthy being a Canes fan since 2001.

Aside from the X's and O's, I want to see us effectively run a 2 minute drill. My God, how often did Richt coach a 2 minute drill as though there were 10 minutes left in the game? And I want to see Manny close with high school players like he closed with transfers in the portal.

What a defeatist attitude. Why can't we just blow everyone out and not have to worry about 2-minute drills?

Advertisement
"When longtime recruiting guru Tom Lemming was in South Florida recently to watch Manny Diaz run his first junior day as UM’s head coach, one thought kept coming to mind:

'He is a young version of Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer,” Lemming said of perhaps the three most successful college football coaches of the 21st century.'"

I hope he's right, cause I'm liking the fck outta that statement.

He’s gotta win before I can feel good or appreciate the insane amount of positive momentum because I won’t be able to take it if he fails and one of the ***** with no life digs up a three year old thread where I was happy about the new energy and positivity around the program.

I need to be be dour and matronly because that’s the safe way. So, please stop posting these insanely positive articles about UM because momentum means nothing at all when it comes to recruiting and building a program.

Post of the year.

Advertisement
My issue with Lemming's banter (not OP's as he was just posting info) is this. Met all 3 on more than one occasion. 1 of those 3, I've spoken with lots of times. Those 3 are not even alike in personality or recruiting approach at least in my dealings with them, so I'm sitting here scratching my ******* wondering what the F Lemming is trying to say. Now, as a Canes fan, I look at how much those 3 dudes have won, and I HOPE "Young" Manny does the same thing. 🏈🏈🏈

What a defeatist attitude. Why can't we just blow everyone out and not have to worry about 2-minute drills?
Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because I’m not an idiot and know we will assuredly will need to employ an effective 2 minute drill at some point. You know, like in every other season.

Advertisement

Hey, John L Smith has a message for the Miami Mopers:

Advertisement
Back