Diaz: Dallas out for year, speaks on FIU flopping, making players more accountable

Advertisement
I think Baker should be more under scrutiny this year than Enos. The 4th and 17 against UNC, letting VT march through us like wet-cardboard after we finally tied it, letting GT run for 200+

Our offense, although frustrating at times, has improved this year but it almost seems as if Enos has an automated randomizer for calling plays. How else can you explain a bubble screen on the 2 yd line against FIU???

FB_IMG_1574825411704.jpg

“If there’s something like a guy jumps offsides, another guy will say ‘Let’s get five up-downs’, that kind of thing. We’re trying to get the players bonded to each other from their accountability.”

This is exactly the kind of **** that drives me crazy with this guy. Nothing is real It’s all forced and highly mechanistic with Manny. Like he’s looking to operate a business. It’s ******* football *******! Just shut up!

when I was playing CFB, you jumped offside you sat your *** in the bench. Any penalties you sat your *** on the bench. The total yardage of penalties were added up and that Sunday everybody did up downs even the position coaches for their groups. Head coach would call you to the middle, say what penalty you caused and you lead the way. After it was over you were ready to tee off in a mf’er ***.

that’s what brought out accountability among the players. We were so afraid of what would happen Sunday that we was on each other’s asses all game about being disciplined. Manny trying to make the players hold each other accountable but it won’t work if they don’t fear you and your coaches.

The Lisping Leprechaun continues his clueless rambling. The weak leaders are always trying to abdicate their leadership duties. This dude couldn’t lead a fat fck to a buffet, so he keeps trying to make a bunch of weak loafing lame players lead each other.

You hear Amari Carter talking about how cold it’s going to be at Duke and matter of factly talking about the FIU disgrace like we lost a close game to Clemson, and you think these dudes are going to lead each other? Just so sad.
Will it snow at Duke? These guys would love a snowball fight while Cutcliffe makes Manny look ridiculous. Just a terrible team with zero leadership or will to win.

Advertisement
Player accountability?

The staff of my kid's local high school could probably coach UM to a win over FIU.

This program continues to do the same thing it always has done: make poor choices in leadership and then blame the results on paradigms out of their control.

That happened last Saturday!

I still can’t believe this sorry sad sack loser was crying to the press about FIU flopping. That might be the gheyist **** I’ve ever heard, and I love ghey ****.

FIU? FIU? You’re shook from FIU delaying what should have been an inevitable beating?

Seriously. I can’t imagine a coach with any self respect even considering the notion of bringing it up. Sure during the game....but after you lost to FIU. I would be insulted if a reporter even asked me about it as a coach.

It’s like complaining Butch sodomized you and didn’t have the decency to give you a reach around

Advertisement
Advertisement
I read an article awhile back about Nick Saban’s recruiting philosophy. Yes, he obviously can pick who he wants, but out of 100s of many talented players available, how does he pick the best 25 or so? He said he looks for players who are hyper competitive. Fact is that lots of teams buy recruits, but not all of them have players that play every game with maximum effort regardless of the level of competition. When was the last time Alabama played down to an opponent?

If you don’t have players who take losing personally, doing up/downs for jumping offsides isn’t going to fix it. As far as I know, 247 or Scouts doesn’t include “angry at the thought of losing” in their recruiting rankings. So being #5 in the country recruiting doesn’t mean much if those players aren’t embarrassed at the thought of losing to a G5 team. I don’t know if Richt is mostly to blame, but a lot of these soft players on the defense, which means Diaz had a big part in recruiting them. There just isn’t much you can do to make a non competitive person suddenly be competitive. Even all that stuff about being accountable doesn’t matter. Sure, everyone can be made to understand they are accountable for their mistakes, but that doesn’t mean they will take losing personally. The culture isn’t “broken”, the players just think a game is a game. Obviously it feels better to win, but life goes on if you lose. You can’t fix that with trust falls and jumping jacks.

Best post I have read in a while. It reminds me of the saying, “when people show you who they are, believe them the first time.” People really don’t change. A noncompetitive person doesn’t learn to be competitive during college by doing laps. Manny needs to focus on a talent and “drive” balance. I do wonder if Richt might have favored soft kids by nature. Anyway, refreshing to read a well reasoned analysis.

Advertisement
Dee Jay Dallas looked fat last week. That was the second aspect that jumped out at me from the tape, beyond the flopping. We praised Dallas for losing weight to begin the season. It didn't remain that way. He never reached 2018 blimphood but it was heading in that direction.

The staff never should allow that type of thing.

Advertisement
Back