Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
Advertisement
?Any defensive players ever been there: You beat up the offense (still YOUR teammates) first half serious scrimmage, then feel a bit sorry for them second half and not rush as hard, or other slight let down? Wonder what the dynamic is for all players in this unusual circumstance.

Sounds like in the first half our expected elite defense whipped up on what is expected to be our shtty Oline causing our unknown factors at QB to have a myriad of problems generating an offense....

Then in the second half our what is expected to be elite defense felt bad beating up on what is expected to be our shtty Oline and eased up which allowed uor unknown factors at QB to finally move the ball allowing what is expected to be our fairly elite skill position players to make a myriad of plays which led to several touchdowns..

Defensive dogfight against UF coming.

Just don’t turn the ball over. You only need to “get lucky” on those deep balls a few times to change the game. I.E. Langham catch vs FSU, Berrios Catch vs FSU when he got both feet down, etc.

Defensive/ST: we need at least one score from one of them this game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pressure busts pipes & makes diamonds...

I'm glad he's being hard on them, it's what they need.

Keep pushing until they show you exactly what they're made of, don't crown'em & make'em think that they've arrived.

Practice & scrimmages should be as hard as possible, because when game time comes your opponent isn't gonna go easy on you. Every championship team in both College & the NFL all say that their practices were harder than the actual games.

Don't let up one bit, if it takes until 15min before kickoff keep drilling it in their head that they need to be better & they must compete at all costs as if their life depended on it... No other standard will be accepted, that how you toughen them up for battle, that's how you win.

Advertisement
Pressure busts pipes & makes diamonds...

I'm glad he's being hard on them, it's what they need.

Keep pushing until they show you exactly what they're made of, don't crown'em & make'em think that they've arrived.

Practice & scrimmages should be as hard as possible, because when game time comes your opponent isn't gonna go easy on you. Every championship team in both College & the NFL all say that their practices were harder than the actual games.

Don't let up one bit, if it takes until 15min before kickoff keep drilling it in their head that they need to be better & they must compete at all costs as if their life depended on it... No other standard will be accepted, that how you toughen them up for battle, that's how you win.

Warrior Mindset

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be surprised if Manny was doing a bit of “skull duggrey” on how the new O looks to keep UF off kilter...

I hear you, but I don't think it would change anything for the other side. I think he's being honest to temper expectations.

Advertisement
Sounds like Perry won

The **** you say.gif

Well I think if the offense was going up against the first team defense your talking about one of the better defenses in the nation. its going to be tough sledding against those guys.
Exactly what i got from it... chess not checkers we gon be good man trust it. Regardless of the FL outcome we still will be better than 7-6.

Advertisement
Back