Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
Advertisement
Besides who earned their way on the field based on tonight, none of this necessarily dictates any result on 08/24 or beyond. We can score 28 on 08/24 and I wouldn't be surprised.

The matchups are different. There are still 2 weeks of scheming against an opponent and their tendencies. And, as it relates to the media, Coach Diaz is the most calculated coach we've had here in 30 years. I don't doubt the offense struggled, but I also do not doubt everything he says to the media is for more than just sharing the facts.

There's a reason many of Coach's words were predicted on this board before the scrimmage.

When I hear self inflicted wounds I think more about our QB's then I do our OL. Dunno where all the ****ting on our OL is coming from. Manny even said DJ had a great night running the ball - and that makes it back to back scrimmages where that's the case.

To hear Manny say we're containing the offense from making big plays by tackling downfield is refreshing to hear as someone who was concerned about breaking in 2 new safeties.

This QB **** is coming down to the wire. Manny not picking one - at least to our knowledge - is a reflection more on no one emerging as the front runner more so than Manny just sitting on his hands indecisive like some of you bizarrely seem to think he's doing.

Advertisement
I’m trying to not look too much into his comments, but what are your theories on who/what Manny was meaning when he referenced the disease from last?

Sounds like the best we can hope for right now is a QB who can move away from pressure without taking sacks given our OL limitations and can also greatly limit turnovers - allowing our defense to keep us competitive. Not sure which of the three gets us there but suspect they start off with Perry.
Seems like you are describing Tate, and in a 7-3 game he might indeed be the answer. But if you are down 21-3 or whatever, time to air it out a bit more, or some other risks, and seems Perry or JW are then more likely?

Pressure busts pipes & makes diamonds...

I'm glad he's being hard on them, it's what they need.

Keep pushing until they show you exactly what they're made of, don't crown'em & make'em think that they've arrived.

Practice & scrimmages should be as hard as possible, because when game time comes your opponent isn't gonna go easy on you. Every championship team in both College & the NFL all say that their practices were harder than the actual games.

Don't let up one bit, if it takes until 15min before kickoff keep drilling it in their head that they need to be better & they must compete at all costs as if their life depended on it... No other standard will be accepted, that how you toughen them up for battle, that's how you win.
Primo, being objective here, it might look like a 9-3 type season. O Line is not ready early to take on quality teams. Need to crush O Line recruiting. Pulling in Walker and Rivers this class is a first step in that direction

Is our defense great? Yes

Has our OL shown dominance of any opponent? Even FCS schools? No

We can probably just expect more of the same as the previous few years from this OL group for now. They have a lot of talent on paper and the group seems built to run with the maulers Miami has at guard and center.

More “concerned” with the pass blocking. But going against great ends each day will help the OL with technique to get better.

Advertisement
When I hear self inflicted wounds I think more about our QB's then I do our OL. Dunno where all the ****ting on our OL is coming from. Manny even said DJ had a great night running the ball - and that makes it back to back scrimmages where that's the case.

To hear Manny say we're containing the offense from making big plays by tackling downfield is refreshing to hear as someone who was concerned about breaking in 2 new safeties.

This QB **** is coming down to the wire. Manny not picking one - at least to our knowledge - is a reflection more on no one emerging as the front runner more so than Manny just sitting on his hands indecisive like some of you bizarrely seem to think he's doing.

Manny is next level on mind games. If I was him I’d be doing the same thing. How is the team doing? We’re throwing the ball backwards out there and the DL started blocking the LB’s. Manny got my message, he’s makin this line +14 by game time.

He needs to pick a qb. The O needs an identity and a leader. The O seems a little rudderless not knowing who will be the guy.

I said this **** last week. Pick a guy so we can move and get steppin’

The offense is in flux with all the uncertainty

what is the point of even following the team if you're gonna overreact this negatively to a scrimmage lol. can't be fun

Lol. Go **** in ya hat bud.

This is what I was told. Offense is not looking good at all. Exact words.

He said DJ ran hard as he has all summer .... don't recall "great night running the ball" or anything even close to it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny is trolling y’all. 😂😂😂. First starters, it’s pointless to put any substantial intel on the internet like that. Why offer up specifics on deficiency or weaknesses to your competition so easily. That’s something you discuss in private. Secondly, Joe had a smirk on in the video while interviewing Manny. Coach is playing the game y’all.

Advertisement
He said DJ run hard as he has all summer .... don't recall "great night running the ball" or anything even close to it.
He "likes the way he's running the ball" was the quote from tonight and "ran the ball really well" was the quote from the first scrimmage.

Advertisement
Back