Diaz comments on second scrimmage

View as article
What is so interesting that I almost want it to be a sub theme is that two of our most talented offensive players, Thomas and Harris, again aren’t mentioned. Hilarious.

Manny, the politicians son, doing a great job with the coach speak so far in his HC career. You’d think he learned from Belichick or something. He’s like a vet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nick Saban often talks about how poorly his teams look in practice....ijs
Jake fromm from uga threw 2 ints today at their scrimmage today and Kirby smart commented that they look lethargic. Yeah you are right about that. Diaz as many have said is usually a straight shooter though.

Last edited:
Another thing which Manny said is that not everyone who plays in the scrimmage will be playing on the 24th not everyone will be ready for that game

Advertisement
Pressure busts pipes & makes diamonds...

I'm glad he's being hard on them, it's what they need.

Keep pushing until they show you exactly what they're made of, don't crown'em & make'em think that they've arrived.

Practice & scrimmages should be as hard as possible, because when game time comes your opponent isn't gonna go easy on you. Every championship team in both College & the NFL all say that their practices were harder than the actual games.

Don't let up one bit, if it takes until 15min before kickoff keep drilling it in their head that they need to be better & they must compete at all costs as if their life depended on it... No other standard will be accepted, that how you toughen them up for battle, that's how you win.

I think I may have retired from CIS without LCE and Lu. We finally have a coach that keeps pressing and most posters go into panic mode. This is 100% what I wanted to hear. Keep pressing, these kids can take it and want to be pushed. This is the beginning. I’m sick of hearing about Greentree/pre-season all-Americans. I want players who can take a punch and get up ****ed and focused. I think we finally have the right staff in place...we shall see 8/24

Go Canes!

I said this **** last week. Pick a guy so we can move and get steppin’

The offense is in flux with all the uncertainty

How do you know he hasn’t?? No one has seen practice and the only news we get other than a couple minutes after warmups from people apparently a field awAy from the action is what Manny is telling you.

Advertisement
he noted jimmy murphy got close to 100 yards though lol. Definitely seems like some chess not checkers being played

yes - exactly what I am thinking...... I listened to that video twice. Our RBs ran all over the field . so what was the issue with the offense? Passing? catching the ball? If Hill had multiple sacks it sounds like the tackles didn't stop much.

This is a common coaching strategy. He's tearing them down so he can build them back up. Expect much better feedback after the next scrimmage when he builds them back up to peak their confidence.
there is no other scrimmage...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The defense is too dominant for this offense to move the ball effectively in a scrimmage. Our defense is national championship caliber, even if the offense is above average it's going to look worse going up against them. They should have had a 2nd tier group line up against the offense some drives just so they can get a better read on them and the qb play.

Last edited:
The defense is too dominant for this offense to move the ball effectively in a scrimmage. Our defense is national championship caliber, even if the offense is above average it's going to look worst going up against them. They should have had a 2nd tier group line up against the offense some drives just so they can get a better read on them and the qb play.

Sounds like they did in the second half..

Jake fromm from uga threw 2 ints today at their scrimmage today and Kirby smart commented that they look lethargic. Yeah you are right about that. Diaz as many have said is usually a straight shooter though.

Brock I’m with you, but Fromm is a known quantity and 2 year starter. Plus, that dude is a natural born leader, and he’s played in huuuuge games. He might be a first round pick after this season and could be a top 10 pick in 2021.

None of our guys have that kind of resume

Advertisement
Back