Diaz, Banda, and Rumph scheduled to meet with Jobe Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Now it's about the head to head battle with Nick Saban. It is not really about "must have Jobe" anymore. We're doing great with or without him and the staff know that more than anybody else. But, it is a turf battle here. Even if Jobe turns out not to be all what he was hyped to be, winning the battle means something in establishing local dominance of the resurgent U.

Advertisement
Just think it's funny when people just say bags like it takes bama paying people to go there

Dude has won 4 titles there and a dynasty that rivals our 80's years. We didn't have to pay people back then to get players, they don't either

If the kid goes to bama it's because he's immature and disloyal, not because he got paid.

Open your eyes. Bama doesn't recruit for 90% of the year and then they start dropping duffels like there's no tomorrow for the last 10%. They don't build relationships, they buy relationships

I mean they don't actually but nice. Look at us with Jarren and Asante among other names that had previously looked like they were locked up with other schools. It happens everywhere and Bama happens to be the best team over the last several years. They don't pay recruits.

So naive...

Just think it's funny when people just say bags like it takes bama paying people to go there

Dude has won 4 titles there and a dynasty that rivals our 80's years. We didn't have to pay people back then to get players, they don't either

If the kid goes to bama it's because he's immature and disloyal, not because he got paid.

Alabama won 4 titles BECAUSE they throw around the most bags, genius

Plus maybe lower entrance requirements. At least one or both of those big DEs who dominated Miami in '93 Sugar Bowl was a prop 48, as I recall. He couldn't have gone to Miami if he wanted to.

So its basically huge fans and or boosters with deep pockets that follow the teams recruiting very closely and see when they need to step in whether they were directed by the staff or not. Its just a given these peeps will get it done?

Why wouldn't they report it? You could take down Bama so easily then

Not sure the exact details in each case but I had heard it from several guys. I'd find it hard to believe that these dealings would be communicated over text/email etc where there would be a trail of evidence. Therefore it becomes a he said/he said deal and its probably not worth the effort for recruits to report it especially with a lack of concrete evidence to back their claims.

Cash comes from guys that have absolutely zero ties to the University. I've seen 5 kids go to Bama in the last 4 years. 3 definitely were compensated. 1 definitely was not. And the other showed no signs (no car). All were at least 4

Here's how it works, bro. Long but good article that should be read by anyone interested in recruiting. People who don't think Alabama and Clemson are paying players, paying them more than anyone else, and doing it in a far more sophisticated and established manner than almost anyone else, these people might as well still be claiming the earth is flat and is the center of the solar system.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

If this kid signs with Alabama, we should get a GoFundMe started and hire a private detective to look in to this kid's recruitment. Take them down.

If Alabama really are throwing money around, which I have no doubt that they are, they shouldn't be hard to take down.

Some of y'all make them sound like they're super sophisticated about it.... I HIGHLY doubt it. They're a bunch of dumb hillbilly rednecks. And I know a thing or two about rednecks. I GUARANTEE they left plenty of bread crumbs to follow.

Have any of you ding dongs considered the fact that BAMA is just better?....At everything right now. The facilities. The coaches. The $11 million dollars they pay SABAN. BAMA doesn't need to pay anyone at this point. They are not desperate and resorting to dumbsh!t like posting ST26 like Diaz and Panda...they don't need to resort to kiddie ****...they are on another level. A level Richt is not even on.

Advertisement
^^^^^^ Proving that any at the AD participated or even new about any payment or compensation is the real hard part to prove. You could find who gave the kid benefits but what is the relationship of this person to the school? Proving that this person is somehow connected to the school or that the coaches knew about this action is the evidence that can be very hard to prove. These guys had it like a science now for the most part.

Last edited:
Have any of you ding dongs considered the fact that BAMA is just better?....At everything right now. The facilities. The coaches. The $11 million dollars they pay SABAN. BAMA doesn't need to pay anyone at this point. They are not desperate and resorting to dumbsh!t like posting ST26 like Diaz and Panda...they don't need to resort to kiddie ****...they are on another level. A level Richt is not even on.

And you will be banned in 3,2,1.

Don't even try to hide it TROLLarama

Have you considered that sucking too much d*ck will not help your yellow Alabama teeth whiten any faster

Advertisement

Bags and hookers at the hotel rooms, don't think Bama is above that, you think Nick Saban's charm alone is how they got so great?

So its basically huge fans and or boosters with deep pockets that follow the teams recruiting very closely and see when they need to step in whether they were directed by the staff or not. Its just a given these peeps will get it done?

Not sure the exact details in each case but I had heard it from several guys. I'd find it hard to believe that these dealings would be communicated over text/email etc where there would be a trail of evidence. Therefore it becomes a he said/he said deal and its probably not worth the effort for recruits to report it especially with a lack of concrete evidence to back their claims.

Cash comes from guys that have absolutely zero ties to the University. I've seen 5 kids go to Bama in the last 4 years. 3 definitely were compensated. 1 definitely was not. And the other showed no signs (no car). All were at least 4

Here's how it works, bro. Long but good article that should be read by anyone interested in recruiting. People who don't think Alabama and Clemson are paying players, paying them more than anyone else, and doing it in a far more sophisticated and established manner than almost anyone else, these people might as well still be claiming the earth is flat and is the center of the solar system.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview
An unnamed and likely unverified source. That article has been circulated for years and I believe it less and less every time I read it. Not because I don't think this stuff goes on, but because I doubt a legit bagman from real Bama or Clemson level program would ever sit-down with a reporter. No chance. And if he did, it's disinformation and completely filled with nonsense that takes you away from the way they're actually working.

The leaders of drug cartels give interviews to the press. I think you're underestimating the vanity of some of these guys if you don't think they want a little notoriety, albeit anonymous notoriety, for their efforts. At least the guy who gave this interview, if real, can brag to his drinking buddies about what he does and the time he told some reporter all about it and it never came back to bite him.

You make a fair point, but I don't discount the piece as you do. The timing was certainly interesting as the Ole Miss thing was coming down. Maybe it was an Ole Miss bagman who knew they'd be shutting down operations for a while anyway due to NCAA scrutiny. Maybe he wanted to try to shine some light on what everyone knows is going on at Bama, LSU, even Miss. St., in their jealousy of not being able to get away with it while these other schools do. That's another form of the same misdirection that you alluded to.

It's all fascinating, really, once you get past the extreme irritation that your school either just doesn't do it as well, doesn't have the same budget, or just simply can't get away with it as much as some others do.

An unnamed and likely unverified source. That article has been circulated for years and I believe it less and less every time I read it. Not because I don't think this stuff goes on, but because I doubt a legit bagman from real Bama or Clemson level program would ever sit-down with a reporter. No chance. And if he did, it's disinformation and completely filled with nonsense that takes you away from the way they're actually working.

Russians involved in fake news on SEC football recruiting. Putin's reach is unbelievable. And he's in Saban's hip pocket.
Not the Russians but a glorified blogger looking to shed light on a story everyone wants to know. Again, a real bagman from a real program ain't giving this fella the time of day, way too much at stake. Alabama spent enough time being irrelevant, they ain't risking it so SBNation can get clicks.

Open your eyes. Bama doesn't recruit for 90% of the year and then they start dropping duffels like there's no tomorrow for the last 10%. They don't build relationships, they buy relationships

I mean they don't actually but nice. Look at us with Jarren and Asante among other names that had previously looked like they were locked up with other schools. It happens everywhere and Bama happens to be the best team over the last several years. They don't pay recruits.

So naive...

Great addition to the discussion!

Advertisement
LOL. I respect their hustle. And if it isn't broke, why fix it. Obviously Saban has found his formula. Richt is still brewing his formula.

The leaders of drug cartels give interviews to the press. I think you're underestimating the vanity of some of these guys if you don't think they want a little notoriety, albeit anonymous notoriety, for their efforts. At least the guy who gave this interview, if real, can brag to his drinking buddies about what he does and the time he told some reporter all about it and it never came back to bite him.

You make a fair point, but I don't discount the piece as you do. The timing was certainly interesting as the Ole Miss thing was coming down. Maybe it was an Ole Miss bagman who knew they'd be shutting down operations for a while anyway due to NCAA scrutiny. Maybe he wanted to try to shine some light on what everyone knows is going on at Bama, LSU, even Miss. St., in their jealousy of not being able to get away with it while these other schools do. That's another form of the same misdirection that you alluded to.

It's all fascinating, really, once you get past the extreme irritation that your school either just doesn't do it as well, doesn't have the same budget, or just simply can't get away with it as much as some others do.
Being clean is always a disadvantage. And, let's be real, the type of bagman we would get at the University of Miami, would suck at it. When we tried, we got a Ponzi schemer who rolled over to reporters and the FBI. Lucky for us he was pretty stupid and didn't realize that what the NCAA and FBI consider infractions are very different things. The FBI has bigger fish to fry and then low income families who may owe a few thousand dollars in unreported income.

I think there's something to be said for having guys on our team that won't sell their souls for $50,000.

As you said, there probably are people out there who would give this interview, I just don't think it was anybody of particular importance or relevance to the real under-the-table dealings most people are interested in learning of, but he was presented as such nevertheless.

Tuscaloosa Alabama:

1466730948_062316b00_PolkSigns.003_t1070_h3ee2071fcdd325d6647c026c16d4854d9f1ad3c7.jpg
arizona-alabama-mississippi-jim-crow-laws.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
alabama.jpg

Advertisement

Bags and hookers at the hotel rooms, don't think Bama is above that, you think Nick Saban's charm alone is how they got so great?

BAMA is probably better at that too - bags and hookers. So what. Miami use to be good at that too. Like I said, Richt is finding his formula. I give him 2 more years to develop his product. To these kids, BAMA is that hot chick you wanna fck. Miami is that hot chick's other friend that is still fckable or 2nd option.

You're missing the point, t doesn't matter if this particular guy is a bag man. His story makes enough sense that either it's what has been happening, or every coach read it and it's happening now. You know how strongly people feel about football and some of those people would be willing and able to drop a lot of cash. Anything that can be done will be done.

Hookers or sorority girls? One has aids, ebola and the bubonic plague. The other only has aids. Big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back