Diaz, Banda, and Rumph scheduled to meet with Jobe Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
Brock thinks his coach is anti Miami.

His coach IS anti-Miami. That staff has been known to funnel kids to Bama and Michigan

The coach in CT? What kid has he pushed to Bama? Lol
Bama hasnt signed any kids from CT so unless this staff came from somewhere else..

[MENTION=7148]tonyg502[/MENTION] says otherwise. Unless you have stronger connections than someone who played in that high school league and currently has friends who coach there, I gotta take his word over yours

I would be very cautious about Jobe going to Cheshire. I played in that league for two years. Cheshire has a new head coach that has turned their program around. He has strong ties to Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Florida. Harbaugh held a camp their. The Cheshire head coach also use to send players to Saban at Michstate. I would be very careful putting him there. Two of my close friends coach in that league.

What? It’s a FACT that no kid has signed with Bama from CT recently. **** I don’t think Saban has signed a kid from CT during his whole time at Bama. So if this guy is pushing kids to Bama then he is doing a ****** job.

And a few on this board know me. [MENTION=16658]Tee3000[/MENTION], [MENTION=18550]kplantz24[/MENTION], dohrman, and a few other originals from Canesport.
I use to WORK at Alabama inside the recruiting department as a student assistant. So, I know a little bit about recruiting and have some “connections”.
[MENTION=1922]htownkidd[/MENTION] is legit.

Advertisement
Just think it's funny when people just say bags like it takes bama paying people to go there

Dude has won 4 titles there and a dynasty that rivals our 80's years. We didn't have to pay people back then to get players, they don't either

If the kid goes to bama it's because he's immature and disloyal, not because he got paid.

Open your eyes. Bama doesn't recruit for 90% of the year and then they start dropping duffels like there's no tomorrow for the last 10%. They don't build relationships, they buy relationships

I mean they don't actually but nice. Look at us with Jarren and Asante among other names that had previously looked like they were locked up with other schools. It happens everywhere and Bama happens to be the best team over the last several years. They don't pay recruits.

hahahahahahahahaha

Even Bama's own fans admit they pay recruits. They're proud of it because they know they never have to worry about recruiting

Their fans know that how? And they blatantly say it? If they actually knew they wouldn't say anything

Why not??.... They know they can do whatever and the NCAA won't do squat to them!!
Little Nicky knows he won't be touched by an investigation!!

So its basically huge fans and or boosters with deep pockets that follow the teams recruiting very closely and see when they need to step in whether they were directed by the staff or not. Its just a given these peeps will get it done?

Guys at Miami personally told me that they were offered money by Bama but turned it down.

Why wouldn't they report it? You could take down Bama so easily then

Not sure the exact details in each case but I had heard it from several guys. I'd find it hard to believe that these dealings would be communicated over text/email etc where there would be a trail of evidence. Therefore it becomes a he said/he said deal and its probably not worth the effort for recruits to report it especially with a lack of concrete evidence to back their claims.

Cash comes from guys that have absolutely zero ties to the University. I've seen 5 kids go to Bama in the last 4 years. 3 definitely were compensated. 1 definitely was not. And the other showed no signs (no car). All were at least 4

Here's how it works, bro. Long but good article that should be read by anyone interested in recruiting. People who don't think Alabama and Clemson are paying players, paying them more than anyone else, and doing it in a far more sophisticated and established manner than almost anyone else, these people might as well still be claiming the earth is flat and is the center of the solar system.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

Just think it's funny when people just say bags like it takes bama paying people to go there

Dude has won 4 titles there and a dynasty that rivals our 80's years. We didn't have to pay people back then to get players, they don't either

If the kid goes to bama it's because he's immature and disloyal, not because he got paid.

Open your eyes. Bama doesn't recruit for 90% of the year and then they start dropping duffels like there's no tomorrow for the last 10%. They don't build relationships, they buy relationships

I mean they don't actually but nice. Look at us with Jarren and Asante among other names that had previously looked like they were locked up with other schools. It happens everywhere and Bama happens to be the best team over the last several years. They don't pay recruits.

I live in NW Florida. The teams that work this general area are Auburn, Alabama, and FSU.

I know for a fact that cars are offered, nice cars, too. You're almost right in that they don't pay the recruits much at a time or that would get them caught - as kids don't have a lot of sense when it comes to spending a sudden influx of money.

Momma will get her bills paid, there will be of course an allowance to the players, bumps on occasion, a car, and even daddy or momma will be offered a new job.

Not by Alabama, nor Saban - no - they keep their hands clean. Alabama has a network - a very wide, wealthy network of individuals who tend to the needs of the families of a recruit. Even the churches get involved in the deep South - and even a pastor will get a cut for helping get a recruit to sign.

High school coaches will also benefit - in very creative and low-key ways.

Everything designed, practiced, and perfected over scores of years, for one purpose. Get the recruits they need. Simple business. What kid would turn down a school that will get him a car and have his family taken care of? With some walk around money in his pocket every month?

It doesn't take something as dumb as paying a kid $50,000 or even a ridiculous $100,000. Five thousand a month to many families is gold. Gold. Sixty-plus thou a year, and some walking around money every month, and a car? You got it.

When a recruit says they need to take care of their family - they're not lying. When one says 'it's a business decision'? They're not lying.

And doing things this way - Alabama will never get caught - because it's not Alabama doing this stuff. It's arm-length individuals. Really valuable recruit? I know a QB who came from a family with money - didn't need the money - but he sure took that Corvette when offered.

Fact of life. Money talks. Many languages. And often meets many needs.

Advertisement

Agreed. Are we paying Asante and Jarren to suddenly be interested in us? **** happens.

You never went to college, did you?

Anybody who went to Miami knows we don't pay kids. And only those in complete denial think Bama doesn't.

It must be sad going through life as naive as you are

You're crazy. Two words - Nevin Shapiro. If you think we never paid for a player, you're in complete denial.

Bama doesn't recruit for 90% of the year

This might be th most absurd thing I’ve ever read on this board and that’s saying something lol. Wow

It was hyperbole as to the success they typically have in the last 2 months of recruiting season when they seem to pickup > 50% of their class

His coach IS anti-Miami. That staff has been known to funnel kids to Bama and Michigan

The coach in CT? What kid has he pushed to Bama? Lol
Bama hasnt signed any kids from CT so unless this staff came from somewhere else..

[MENTION=7148]tonyg502[/MENTION] says otherwise. Unless you have stronger connections than someone who played in that high school league and currently has friends who coach there, I gotta take his word over yours

I would be very cautious about Jobe going to Cheshire. I played in that league for two years. Cheshire has a new head coach that has turned their program around. He has strong ties to Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama and Florida. Harbaugh held a camp their. The Cheshire head coach also use to send players to Saban at Michstate. I would be very careful putting him there. Two of my close friends coach in that league.

What? It’s a FACT that no kid has signed with Bama from CT recently. **** I don’t think Saban has signed a kid from CT during his whole time at Bama. So if this guy is pushing kids to Bama then he is doing a ****ty job.

And a few on this board know me. [MENTION=16658]Tee3000[/MENTION], [MENTION=18550]kplantz24[/MENTION], dohrman, and a few other originals from Canesport.
I use to WORK at Alabama inside the recruiting department as a student assistant. So, I know a little bit about recruiting and have some “connections”.

yup, can vouch this man is legit with what he claims.

Fair enough- I myself have no inside connections to Bama, nor will I pretend as if I do. I was just going based off of what someone else had posted, that had seemingly come true with how the whole Jobe saga has been transpiring

Advertisement
People do realize athletes when they receive full scholarships they get tuition paid off along with $1700 stipend if they live off campus.

So its basically huge fans and or boosters with deep pockets that follow the teams recruiting very closely and see when they need to step in whether they were directed by the staff or not. Its just a given these peeps will get it done?

Not sure the exact details in each case but I had heard it from several guys. I'd find it hard to believe that these dealings would be communicated over text/email etc where there would be a trail of evidence. Therefore it becomes a he said/he said deal and its probably not worth the effort for recruits to report it especially with a lack of concrete evidence to back their claims.

Cash comes from guys that have absolutely zero ties to the University. I've seen 5 kids go to Bama in the last 4 years. 3 definitely were compensated. 1 definitely was not. And the other showed no signs (no car). All were at least 4

Here's how it works, bro. Long but good article that should be read by anyone interested in recruiting. People who don't think Alabama and Clemson are paying players, paying them more than anyone else, and doing it in a far more sophisticated and established manner than almost anyone else, these people might as well still be claiming the earth is flat and is the center of the solar system.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview
An unnamed and likely unverified source. That article has been circulated for years and I believe it less and less every time I read it. Not because I don't think this stuff goes on, but because I doubt a legit bagman from real Bama or Clemson level program would ever sit-down with a reporter. No chance. And if he did, it's disinformation and completely filled with nonsense that takes you away from the way they're actually working.

I think all coaches leave a visit with Jobe feeling great. We'll just have to see where he signs. I don't believe for one second that if he doesn't sign on the 20th our chances go up. Time with this kid is bad news.

Advertisement
There is no way that you could get that many high-profile kids from all over America to move to Tuscaloosa Alabama without paying them. It's really that simple.

Guys at Miami personally told me that they were offered money by Bama but turned it down.

Because it’s not worth the trouble and they don’t want to be rats you fūcking idiot. Two of my good friends, teammates in high school, got bonuses to sign with their schools. One was an SEC school, one was an ACC school (not Miami). They took me and some other buddies partying with a portion of the proceeds. God your naive.

God you think you're smarter than you are. What's your obsession with using stressed letters in curse words? ******* strange. Remember when you claimed the basketball team's recruiting class wouldn't be affected by the FBI thing and told all of the "cowards" to show themselves? Dumbass

Last edited:

Alabama won 4 titles BECAUSE they throw around the most bags, genius

Advertisement

Extreme naivety on display right here.

Bama could be paying him six figures.

they are not paying him

I got some beach front property to sell you

An unnamed and likely unverified source. That article has been circulated for years and I believe it less and less every time I read it. Not because I don't think this stuff goes on, but because I doubt a legit bagman from real Bama or Clemson level program would ever sit-down with a reporter. No chance. And if he did, it's disinformation and completely filled with nonsense that takes you away from the way they're actually working.

Russians involved in fake news on SEC football recruiting. Putin's reach is unbelievable. And he's in Saban's hip pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back